The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I still don’t understand the big issue with this. Scott Wright has underperformed pretty much every season for Aberdeen. The Sevcos seem to think he’s some key component in the Aberdeen  side that will now be much much weaker that he’s gone.  

Shows how much homework the thick *** c***s have actually done.

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I still don’t understand the big issue with this. Scott Wright has underperformed pretty much every season for Aberdeen. The Sevcos seem to think he’s some key component in the Aberdeen  side that will now be much much weaker that he’s gone.  

Shows how much homework the thick *** c***s have actually done.

Agree with this. Pawlett was a much more effective player for us than Wright has been

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hold on a minute, let's not rewrite history. Peter Pawlett is/was shite.

Pawlett is/was less shite than Wright tbf.

I mean, Scott Wright never influenced the position of a Human League song in the charts.

Unless Fascinashun makes a re-entry to the top 40.  

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Pawlett is/was less shite than Wright tbf.

I mean, Scott Wright never influenced the position of a Human League song in the charts.

Unless Fascinashun makes a re-entry to the top 40.  

I am maybe being unfair to Pawlett actually.

Virgil Van Dijk got himself sent off to avoid 90 minutes of Pawlett running at him, knocking Celtic out the Scottish Cup and of course having radio DJ's in England pissed off having to explain why Human league were in their Sunday chart show.

Pawlett had a spell where he was unplayable for around 5 months. As soon as we stopped playing counter attacking football it was tatties for him. Had his uses the next season in Europe too.

Wright is a far more talented footballer. I don't even think it should be up for debate.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Pawlett had a spell where he was unplayable for around 5 months. As soon as we stopped playing counter attacking football it was tatties for him. Had his uses the next season in Europe too.

Wright is a far more talented footballer. I don't even think it should be up for debate.

Yeah around the time of winning the league cup he was in great form. Him being injured along with Hayes going down after about a minute was a large part of why we were so poor that day.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

He's more talented with the ball at his feet ceretainly, but I don't believe that translates into actual tangible productivity. He's also softer than a baby's first shite, injury prone, and incredibly inconsistent.

14 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Pawlett was pretty one dimensional. Once defenders worked out that he would look to just knock it past them and sprint just about every time he was finished. As you say, very suited to counter attacking football but if a defender just dropped a yard or two back from him he was pretty fucked.

17 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Yeah around the time of winning the league cup he was in great form. Him being injured along with Hayes going down after about a minute was a large part of why we were so poor that day.

Aye. Caley doubled up on McGinn from the first minute.

15 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

He's more talented with the ball at his feet ceretainly, but I don't believe that translates into actual tangible productivity. He's also softer than a baby's first shite, injury prone, and incredibly inconsistent.

If we're going to point fingers for injury proneness then Pawlett is up there with Wright.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Pawlett was pretty one dimensional. Once defenders worked out that he would look to just knock it past them and sprint just about every time he was finished. As you say, very suited to counter attacking football but if a defender just dropped a yard or two back from him he was pretty fucked.

Aye exactly.

The way he left was much more shitebagish than Wright too.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

At least Jack never hid the fact he was always a Rangers fan.

Wright confuses me. This is so against any Aberdeen fan's nature.

Jack did hide it until he posted photos of him in corporate at one of the cup finals.

Scott Wright is probably going to earn at least quadruple what he'll be on now. It's a short career and he's injury prone. It's a great move for the boy, ignoring the hassle he's going to get for the rest of his life.

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

At least Jack never hid the fact he was always a Rangers fan.

Wright confuses me. This is so against any Aberdeen fan's nature.

Jack is a dugshite through the letter box kind of fella.

Wright is more of a “few eggs thrown at the living room window”.

imo.

29 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Jack did hide it until he posted photos of him in corporate at one of the cup finals.

Scott Wright is probably going to earn at least quadruple what he'll be on now. It's a short career and he's injury prone. It's a great move for the boy, ignoring the hassle he's going to get for the rest of his life.

Nah, everyone in Woodside knew he was a Rangers fan.