The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

42 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Just ensuring that another clubs joins the "won more cups than Aberdeen in the last 20 years" club... I think

If either of the Saints win they'll have won more cups in the last 10 years than hibs, hearts, rangers or aberdeen and two more than sevco. 

If we need to use an arbitrary period i propose 40 years. 

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

If either of the Saints win they'll have won more cups in the last 10 years than hibs, hearts, rangers or aberdeen and two more than sevco. 

If we need to use an arbitrary period i propose 40 years. 

Ahh but that's way before I was born so why would I care?

this isn't about aberdeen,this is about hibs getting absolutely fucking horsed today,after last week thinking they were world beaters [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]oooooooft back in your box junkie bitch

That's not an argument my man that's a fact

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Probably a bit harsh here but Virtanen looked more of a prospect than Campbell in that short period he was on the pitch. 

A lot more presence and a bit of drive whereas Campbell looks far too relaxed. Good bit of size to Miko too.

Miko is over 1 year older than Campbell so he should be ahead of him and more physical.

Edited by betting competition

6 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Miko is over 1 year older than Campbell so he should be ahead of him and more physical.

Campbell has played a lot more top level football.

I'm a big fan of Dean. I think the could go on to be a good player for us but Virtanen was a lot more assertive in his 5 mins than Sean gas been in several starts this season.

I'm all for Virtanen being a player to watch and he looks a big unit, but he came on for a few minutes at the end of a game we were strolling and had a few simple touches. Trying to guess anything on his future based on today is just daft and feels like "shiny new toy" syndrome

Just now, SamuraiJock said:

I'm all for Virtanen being a player to watch and he looks a big unit, but he came on for a few minutes at the end of a game we were strolling and had a few simple touches. Trying to guess anything on his future based on today is just daft and feels like "shiny new toy" syndrome

Ok mate.

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Campbell has played a lot more top level football.

I'm a big fan of Dean. I think the could go on to be a good player for us but Virtanen was a lot more assertive in his 5 mins than Sean gas been in several starts this season.

Game was gone Motherwell had given up, not a time to judge. Him and Campbell have a fight to get into team but with Ferguson and McCrorie it is going to be difficult.

Where will McCrorie end up playing for us long-term? If Taylor is a bit lacking against the top strikers, I wonder if we should try McCrorie at the back with Considine as a pair.

Hayes + Kennedy looked very good today with us playing 4 at the back. I presume we'll stick with that for a bit, though you never know with DM.

Edited by O_Kahn

12 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

Where will McCrorie end up playing for us long-term? If Taylor is a bit lacking against the top strikers, I wonder if we should try McCrorie at the back with Considine as a pair.

Hayes + Kennedy looked very good today with us playing 4 at the back. I presume we'll stick with that for a bit, though you never know with DM.

I wonder the same thing, especially with the talk of Allan Campbell being a target. If we intend to stick with the 343 I could see McCrorie playing in a libero type role.

I would worry about McCrorie maybe not being quite physical enough to be a centre-back on a regular basis. Then again, I think his technical limitations have been more exposed in recent games as a central midfielder. I do like him, and I'm definitely pleased that he is signing permanently in the summer, but I couldn't say with much certainty where I think he will end up long term positionally. 

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I would worry about McCrorie maybe not being quite physical enough to be a centre-back on a regular basis. Then again, I think his technical limitations have been more exposed in recent games as a central midfielder. I do like him, and I'm definitely pleased that he is signing permanently in the summer, but I couldn't say with much certainty where I think he will end up long term positionally. 

McCrorie's game is primarily based around energy. He's a central midfielder for a team that wants to constantly turn the ball over. Box to box to box to box. Put him in that team and he'll look like a world beater.

Ask him to keep possession and keep a side ticking over and you're in trouble.

Rangers had the same problem trying to work out where he plays. The answer is not centre back, because it takes away his biggest strength.

On another note, the Daily Record have kinda-said-but-not-quite-said that the Scott Wright pre-contract deal with Rangers is done at the tail end of this article: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/nnamdi-ofoborh-agrees-rangers-pre-23373886