The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

31 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I've never been heavily pro or anti moving, but that line was one I never bought. I just don't see how training facilities and a stadium being at the same location reduces running costs.

Training and match days are separate things and have no real bearing on one another.

I can see how having one each of changing facilities, catering facilities, lavatories etc could keep costs down marginally but it surely can't be that significant. 

2 hours ago, big al said:

What you are saying makes sense, but the problem comes from manager comments about Sevco and Celtic having bigger budgets and hard to compete. If it’s based on budgets then Motherwell should be swotted away at ease. McInnes can’t have it both ways.

You have a point but again swotted away with ease is not quite accurate. Aberdeen should beat us more often than not and to be fair that was normally the way back in the 80’s and 90’s.

At the start of 2020 your average wage was reported as £135k. Motherwell was £60k. So just over twice our wage. Conversely Celtic was £860k and Rangers £650k.  So 6 times smaller than Celtic and 5 times smaller than Rangers. 

In summary McInnes is right to point out the wage budget disparity between not just the Old firm and Aberdeen but everyone else. 

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

It was a token comment to get some doubters of Kingsford onboard.

Aye, safely filed alongside "we have to move otherwise we'll be playing home European matches at Tannadice by 2021, because of some UEFA regulation that totally exists, honest."

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I genuinely don't know why the old AECC site wasn't considered more by the club. I walk across it fairly regularly to walk along Royal Aberdeen and now that the concert hall has been flattened you get an appreciation of just how large an area it is. Loads of room for a stadium and still plenty car/bus parking, easy access for fans driving from outwith the city/away fans via AWPR, decent existing public transport with 1/2 bus services from city centre every 5 minutes. Couple of pubs in close proximity in the Brig Inn and Black Dog plus opportunity to build something on site. Would've been a no brainer but that ship has sailed I'd think.

I know it's been earmarked for around 500 houses but with the development on the other side of the parkway and the fact that Bridge of Don is already fucking enormous, is there really need for another development of that size.

I thought the council ruled it out due to traffic congestion along King Street / Ellon Road on matchdays. Seems daft as it seemed the obvious site at the time.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I can see how having one each of changing facilities, catering facilities, lavatories etc could keep costs down marginally but it surely can't be that significant. 

They'd need to duplicate all that anyway surely? They'd have to have changing facilities (with toilets in them) within the stadium (I'm sure that's a requirement). Likewise they'd need a kitchen in the stadium (or multiple) to cover hospitality.

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

I thought the council ruled it out due to traffic congestion along King Street / Ellon Road on matchdays. Seems daft as it seemed the obvious site at the time.

The council have ruled out several moves.

This was obviously the preferred site for most I'd imagine. Council ruled it out in the early noughties.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

They'd need to duplicate all that anyway surely? They'd have to have changing facilities (with toilets in them) within the stadium (I'm sure that's a requirement). Likewise they'd need a kitchen in the stadium (or multiple) to cover hospitality.

I don't know to be honest. Maybe it was just saving having to pay for two line rentals to get the Internet? £12.99 pm is not to be sniffed at. 

The council have ruled out several moves.
This was obviously the preferred site for most I'd imagine. Council ruled it out in the early noughties.
Aye, the council ruled out several moves yet are now desperate for the club to remain in the city. As for the traffic congestion argument, that would now be eased by the awpr with a lot of the traffic heading out the a92 to blackdog and then onto the awpr and I don't know if anyone has noticed the massive congestion between Pittodrie and the bridge of don with our current home. Quicker walking back to the bridge of don at the moment.

Great news if Kingsford can be firmly punted into the sea where it belongs.

People who care about how quickly they can drive to/away from a football stadium should be the last ones allowed back* when this is all over.

*Usual caveats about fans with accessibility needs not counting in this statement apply.

15 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Probably a bit harsh here but Virtanen looked more of a prospect than Campbell in that short period he was on the pitch. 

A lot more presence and a bit of drive whereas Campbell looks far too relaxed. Good bit of size to Miko too.

I was thinking exactly the same,just something about him .Hope gets more game time so can get a better look and assess if we have a real talent on our hands or not.