The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

I do remember he scored for them against us - which is not unusual for players that leave us.

When I was younger, these things bothered me - now I just ask, can he give us a better option than seeing out the season watching Curtis bashing into defenders each week?  Possibly.

The one thing that may count towards Wright staying is the fact there is no fans in the ground to give him dogs' abuse for a few months should this pre-contract be confirmed.

There are better options than Curtis Main I'm sure (although I can't provide any off the top of my head) that don't require a third helping of Stewart.

He had more than enough time at Aberdeen to pull his finger out and he steadfastly refused to budge (Siroki aside, which gave me hope that we had a player on our hands). I remember being particularly pissed off with him after the Stenhousemuir game at Pittodrie but can't remember why now.. 

The second time I remember being happy that we had got him and he proceeded to be absolutely honking. I won't fall into that trap again. 

Anyway, I'm very petty and can't purge his smug coupon and lit jig of h*nnery delight... F@ck him

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Thats a shame. The Woods loan extension makes sense.

Shame he didn't get to finish in front of a crowd.

Edit: obviously a bit too much hoping the wankers wouldn't be out in force on that topic.

Brilliant keeper for us. Deserved a better end to his career.

Will be tough to get another backup as good as Cerny. Lewis/Cerny was arguably the best keeper pairing in the league. A shame he only managed to play one game for us, but he regularly had blinders when playing against us! Seems a good guy, all the best to him. 

5 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Will be tough to get another backup as good as Cerny. Lewis/Cerny was arguably the best keeper pairing in the league. A shame he only managed to play one game for us, but he regularly had blinders when playing against us! Seems a good guy, all the best to him. 

Played twice for us actually and was on winning team on both ocassions making him undefeated in competitve football for AFC

Staying in the North East and going to be doing goalkeeping coaching as well as becoming a P.E teacher.

I remember reading that when he was at Partick Thistle, Tomas Cerny was going hiking and learning about the country his job and taken him. 

He seemed a cut above the average footballer and its great to hear that he intends to stay on in the North East and, I think, might still have a role at AFC. 

Hopefully he continues to visit Pittodrie and we gain other lifelong Don. 

So I wish him the best of luck in his post-football career

Edited by Bogbrush1903

During his first season I was stood in line with my son for the kids Christmas party at Pittodrie. The club held one for the staff in one of the other lounges. He turned up with his with and child but the lassie on the door didn't recognise him and asked him to join the queue. Politely stood in line behind me without causing a fuss until one of the other members of staff came down around ten minutes later and asked him why he was queueing 🤣

In that position it would have been so easy for someone to kick up a fuss but he probably didn't want to embarass the lady. I've always had a lot of time for him since then.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

During his first season I was stood in line with my son for the kids Christmas party at Pittodrie. The club held one for the staff in one of the other lounges. He turned up with his with and child but the lassie on the door didn't recognise him and asked him to join the queue. Politely stood in line behind me without causing a fuss until one of the other members of staff came down around ten minutes later and asked him why he was queueing 🤣

In that position it would have been so easy for someone to kick up a fuss but he probably didn't want to embarass the lady. I've always had a lot of time for him since then.

He was probably just wasting time before going in tbf.