The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

19 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He came back from injury and was thrown in to a team. We're now struggling to create.

This is true.

It genuinely baffles me that people think he’s so good though. 
Soon as he comes up against decent centre half’s ie Sevco etc he looks genuinely out of his depth.

44 minutes ago, big al said:

This is true.

It genuinely baffles me that people think he’s so good though. 
Soon as he comes up against decent centre half’s ie Sevco etc he looks genuinely out of his depth.

No more than the rest of the team often does to be fair and he does have several goals against both so it’s not like he never does anything against them.

On 27/12/2020 at 21:55, BucksburnDandy said:

When is it never imploding? A healthy decision to leave Twitter has left me a fair bit more satisfied with life even if I still like the odd moan about Aberdeen FC on here.

I should add that I was satisfied at the end with the three points yesterday despite the first half being desperately poor stuff. It was howling a gale which unless you have tremendous tanner ba players is always going to make the game a dire struggle. Add in a tricky opponent who have bettered us frequently enough over the McInnes era and we surely have to be content with yesterday's win?

12 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

He's scored quite a few against them hasn't he?

Course he has.

Some dons fans seem to get off on hating Cosgrove.

16 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Course he has.

That's because we have a fairly large proportion of entitled fannies in our support. Comes with the territory of being the greatest team the world has ever seen.

I think people just associate cosgrove with a certain style of play and have an inability to apply that nuance that he might actually be an effective player, albeit not necessarily the easiest on the eye. 

much like Bruce Anderson was painted as the young aberdonian lethal striker, held back by the nasty managers insistence on playing horrible football. 

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Course he has.

Don’t hate him at all, that’s a ridiculous comment.

I don’t even mind him being in the squad. Could be useful off the bench for a goal and a different type of threat.

I just originally asked, wonder who will pay a decent fee for Cosgrove?. 
Goals or no goals, he is a very limited footballer. Poor control, does not dominate in the air, not pacy, can’t take a man on and doesn’t even have good workrate. 
No hate here bud. 
Cormack talking about winning things and improving the brand of football played etc. 
In that regard, I class Cosgrove similar to Considine, happy enough to be in the squad but won’t achieve those aims with them as starters every week.

1 minute ago, big al said:

I just originally asked, wonder who will pay a decent fee for Cosgrove?

He's English and has scored plenty of goals.

With the new work permit rules, an EFL Championship struggling for goals will chuck money at you for him IMO.

3 hours ago, Illgresi said:

That's because we have a fairly large proportion of entitled fannies in our support. Comes with the territory of being the greatest team the world has ever seen.

I’m convinced it’s entitled youngsters having grown up around the oil money. I’ve never known a nerve like some young north-easters. When you’ve grown up without being resource deprived or needing to share it’s just want want want and a lack of contentedness.

16 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Did you actually pay £800K for him, or was that just made up by the media?

We did, seemingly around the same time as a loan was made to the club by one of the directors which has people assuming Atlanta basically covered the expense knowing he would go there eventually.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Think this could be an announcement of the most surprising transfer ever....

IMG_0162.jpg

I'd like to wish young Hernandez a lengthy and successful career.

Feel sorry for him as it appears as if he has been an innocent pawn in whatever game Atlanta & Aberdeen concocted.

Stuck in a foreign country away from his wife and kid, unable to speak the language and then a pandemic gets thrown into the mix meaning he can't even do the job he is supposed to.

An extremely strange one all told. There is obviously a footballer in there given his almost twenty caps for a country currently twenty places ahead of Scotland in the rankings.

Wish you a' the best Ronnie