The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

29 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I actually worded that poorly as I meant extend both Taylor and Hoban's contracts.  I agree, Hoban is a better than Gallagher and Findlay. 

Although Hoban has indicated he wants to go back to playing in England so I'm not sure he'll be staying with us beyond this season.

That doesn't preclude him from signing a new deal. He said that he hadn't given up on making it EPL level. I'm sure he probably agrees that at this time his best avenue to returning to that level will be to stay at Aberdeen. He's only 26, so a long term deal here, stay for 2 years then get a move to a yo-yo club down south.

12 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Taylor has been good recently, and I thought he was the best player on the pitch yesterday, but ideally I wouldn't want him as a regular starter for too much longer. I wouldn't mind keeping him as a squad player. 

Agreed. Taylor's definitely been good the past few games, but that's mainly because we've been playing against the league's more "agricultural" teams. Put him up against quick, fast, skillful players and he doesn't look nearly so clever.

If we're going to persist with the 343 then I'd argue we actually need to sign both Findlay & Gallacher, as well as sign Hoban on a long term deal. Consi is a top lad, but he's only going to slow down from here unfortunately. He and Taylor would be able backups though. With any luck there is a young CB coming through that can take up a 6th spot in the squad for CBs.

16 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

With our Champions League money obviously!

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Nisbet would jump at the chance of playing for a bigger club such as Aberdeen.

Within minutes, P&B with a visual demonstration of the "Good Guy, w**k" trope..........................

4 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Ethan Ross's second goal yesterday, starting at around 7:40, is lovely stuff. 

I see Bruce Anderson (McInnes won't play him because he hates the yoof!!!111) is yet to register a Championship goal for Ayr this season. 

McInnes won't play Bruce Anderson because he isn't good enough, nothing to do with his age.

When all is said and done he is hardly a youngster any longer

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I actually worded that poorly as I meant extend both Taylor and Hoban's contracts.  I agree, Hoban is a better than Gallagher and Findlay. 

Although Hoban has indicated he wants to go back to playing in England so I'm not sure he'll be staying with us beyond this season.

Ah i see. Yeah agree with thar

7 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Totally agree with that.

Have to say i think you might have fallen into the trap i did the first time i read Harley Quinn's post

I thought he meant we should be replacing Hoban BUT what he appears to be advocating is sign ONE of Gallagher or Findlay and get Hoban AND Taylor to sign new contracts.

I could of course be talking total shite, as per 😉

I did fall in to that trap !

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think the goal against rangers skewed the supports view of Anderson. He’s never really made a big impact in any of his appearances other than that and the goal against livi maybe?

I never really saw it other than that he was a smart finisher. 

Is correct

On his way out. 

Had a big chance at start of season with Cosgrove and Main both out and then decided to be part of the Covid Eight,

Stupid boy 

Aberdeen Twitter is imploding.
Can understand some of the arguments in fairness, but the ability to grind 3 points out in this league is pretty important.
When is it never imploding? A healthy decision to leave Twitter has left me a fair bit more satisfied with life even if I still like the odd moan about Aberdeen FC on here.

I should add that I was satisfied at the end with the three points yesterday despite the first half being desperately poor stuff. It was howling a gale which unless you have tremendous tanner ba players is always going to make the game a dire struggle. Add in a tricky opponent who have bettered us frequently enough over the McInnes era and we surely have to be content with yesterday's win?

As a man who has no time for any sort of hysteria, twitter was never the place for me, hence I have never signed up. 

there’s plenty of legitimate criticism. We have regressed either side of the last international break in terms of performance and the return of most of the key personnel we were without hasn’t appeared to make us much more appealing to watch. 

I think January is now pretty crucial. The Hole left by Watkins and Wright being injured has shown us up as being pretty toothless. Unless that’s addressed in January I’d probably have hibs down for 3rd. We can’t keep scraping victories against the bottom 6 sides. We will come unstuck eventually against a hibs side that seem to be getting better. 

I think mcinnes will know that though and I expect us to be active. 

48 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Aberdeen Twitter is imploding.

Can understand some of the arguments in fairness, but the ability to grind 3 points out in this league is pretty important.

Got 9 first players missing yesterday and for the last 10 games we have had major injury problems. The football we played before our injury problems was good to watch.

On 26/12/2020 at 22:08, Vancouver_Don said:

McInnes is trying to have 2 players in by The Rangers match on the 10th of January. GMS and a defender. 4 players in total this window with Edmondson, Watkins, Cosgrove and Hernandez all leaving. 

Ross County want 500k for Ross Stewart.

Aberdeen need to find 2 million to pay to the end of season if there is no crowds. I would be surprised if Aberdeen does much transfer business in the January transfer window especially losing 5 million overall.

Club got to look at worst case scenario where they could be starting the new season without crowds as well.

Edited by betting competition

8 hours ago, betting competition said:

Aberdeen need to find 2 million to pay to the end of season if there is no crowds. I would be surprised if Aberdeen does much transfer business in the January transfer window especially losing 5 million overall.

Club got to look at worst case scenario where they could be starting the new season without crowds as well.

Cormack did say we have to look at the overall picture. Do we not strengthen and potentially finish further down the table? League position is our biggest source of individual income.

Edit: the post you've quoted does mention Cosgrove and Hernandez going. The club have stated they are confident in recouping Hernandez's fee (i.e we probably know we're getting it from Atlanta United).

Edited by Merkland Red