The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I went and had a look and found that. In general though...?

He's a great runner, on and off the ball, doesn't shirk a tackle, I'm impressed.

Go on our website after midnight for the highlights, his second is a thing to behold.

Edited by Zen Archer Esq.

1 hour ago, Vancouver_Don said:

We are set to offer both GMS and Chris Cadden a contract.

Must be transfer window time that you have returned. Wonder what your percentage of correct speculation is?

I’ m going to guess similar to the Daily Stars. 
Merry Xmas though.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This just reminds me of when Darren mackie  got his 50th Aberdeen goal. the club made quite a big deal of it despite it being like his 8th season :lol:

Although a wee bit of a fish from me Derek McInnes win ratio is the 3rd best in our history. I think once Derek has left the club he will be appreciated a lot more. The fitba in his first 4 seasons was excellent. 

Edited by betting competition

Although a wee bit of a fish from me Derek McInnes win ratio is the 3rd best in our history. I think once Derek has left the club he will be appreciated a lot more. The fitba in his first 4 seasons was excellent. 
That is fair and up until the Cup Final in 2017, there was little really to grumble about (albeit if there was, I would find a way to do so, I know, I'm just a miserable c**t). I think the way the football has fallen off a cliff enjoyment wise since May 2017 has probably lost a lot of people. Deserves fond memories though.

would be nice

McInnes is trying to have 2 players in by The Rangers match on the 10th of January. GMS and a defender. 4 players in total this window with Edmondson, Watkins, Cosgrove and Hernandez all leaving. 
Ross County want 500k for Ross Stewart.

would be nice if Watkins could come back on a permanent deal

3 hours ago, betting competition said:

Aye I could see my post might be misconstrued as a dig at mcinnes. It wasn’t meant that way, it was just a random/tenuous memory that gave me a chuckle.

whenever mcinnes leaves I will always remember him fondly. 

I see DonFonte on AFC CHAT is claiming Ross Stewart to Aberdeen is a done deal. I hope not as he's no better then the likes of Main, Cosgrove or Edmondson. If we as a club have aspirations of improving our chances of cup success and actually attempting to reach the Europa league group stages we need to be looking at a higher calibre of player. 

I'd much rather we spent money on the likes of Nisbett or put that money towards getting Watkins to sign a pre season contract with us.

This turgid lump it towards our bug tall brute target man doesn't work. We played our best football under McInnes in years when Hedges, Watkins and Wright were leading our attacks. The recent contributions of Main and Cosgrove have been nothing short of appalling. 

I'd be delighted if Aberdeen could get one of Stephen O'Donnell or Chris Cadden in to replace the departing Hernandez and Logan. GMS in to replace McGinn. 

I hope we can get one of Findlay or Gallagher on a pre season to replace Devlin and Hoban plus Taylor sign contract extensions.

Hopeful Allan Campbell will entertain our offer. He'd be a fantastic replacement for Fergie who will inevitably be sold in the near future.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I see DonFonte on AFC CHAT is claiming Ross Stewart to Aberdeen is a done deal. I hope not as he's no better then the likes of Main, Cosgrove or Edmondson. If we as a club have aspirations of improving our chances of cup success and actually attempting to reach the Europa league group stages we need to be looking at a higher calibre of player. 

I'd much rather we spent money on the likes of Nisbett or put that money towards getting Watkins to sign a pre season contract with us.

This turgid lump it towards our bug tall brute target man doesn't work. We played our best football under McInnes in years when Hedges, Watkins and Wright were leading our attacks. The recent contributions of Main and Cosgrove have been nothing short of appalling. 

I'd be delighted if Aberdeen could get one of Stephen O'Donnell or Chris Cadden in to replace the departing Hernandez and Logan. GMS in to replace McGinn. 

I hope we can get one of Findlay or Gallagher on a pre season to replace Devlin and Hoban plus Taylor sign contract extensions.

Hopeful Allan Campbell will entertain our offer. He'd be a fantastic replacement for Fergie who will inevitably be sold in the near future.

He's absolutely a better footballer than Main or Cosgrove. You've not been watching if you think otherwise. Doesn't look to be the goalscorer that Cosgrove is.

Watkins will be 31 in the Autumn. Not sure how much longer he has as a mobile frontman who uses his athleticism to beat opponents. I'd rather we signed a younger alternative myself.

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Agree with a lot of this but IMO Hoban is a far better player / defender than Findlay or Gallagher

23 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Agree with a lot of this but IMO Hoban is a far better player / defender than Findlay or Gallagher

Totally agree with that.

Have to say i think you might have fallen into the trap i did the first time i read Harley Quinn's post

I thought he meant we should be replacing Hoban BUT what he appears to be advocating is sign ONE of Gallagher or Findlay and get Hoban AND Taylor to sign new contracts.

I could of course be talking total shite, as per 😉

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Ethan Ross's second goal yesterday, starting at around 7:40, is lovely stuff. 

I see Bruce Anderson (McInnes won't play him because he hates the yoof!!!111) is yet to register a Championship goal for Ayr this season. 

That's a good goal. Have been impressed by Ross whenever he's had a cameo appearance for the Dons. Totally different thing though producing that week in week out, so his time with Raith will serve him well.

Anderson will be away in June no doubt.

4 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

I actually worded that poorly as I meant extend both Taylor and Hoban's contracts.  I agree, Hoban is a better than Gallagher and Findlay. 

Although Hoban has indicated he wants to go back to playing in England so I'm not sure he'll be staying with us beyond this season.

Edited by HarleyQuinn