The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

January priorities for me would be:

- either extend Watkins stay or find like for like replacement

- Another centre half, hopefully good enough to shift Ash Taylor into being cover only

- Another option for the front 3 of the 3-4-3

- Potential WB cover, specifically on the left if Hayes is a bit more injury prone these days.

Potential departures would be Ojo, Logan, Mcginn who probably all earn decent wages that aren't being justified.

No chance of the last two being binned but I agree with your list.

I can see Logan at Cove next season.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

January priorities for me would be:

- either extend Watkins stay or find like for like replacement

- Another centre half, hopefully good enough to shift Ash Taylor into being cover only

- Another option for the front 3 of the 3-4-3

- Potential WB cover, specifically on the left if Hayes is a bit more injury prone these days.

Potential departures would be Ojo, Logan, Mcginn who probably all earn decent wages that aren't being justified.

Don't disagree with any of that, other than I would imagine either Declan Gallagher or Stuart Findlay will be targets for pre-contracts as long term signings to displace Taylor. I think it'd likely be a loan signing from England to challenge Taylor for the rest of this season.

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Although very limited appearances every game I watched Hernandez  he has been dreadful. I hope that Atlanta did sign him so we can get our money back, he isn't a McInnes signing type and would hate it if the board has went above our manager head on recruitment of players. 

It worries me that Atlanta view us as a feeder team and the two players that they've lent us aren't great. Gallagher done well over there and was traded for decent money.

I suppose with having circa 15 players OOC in the summer, you'd suspect that the next two windows will be pretty busy. 

I think Cerny, Woods, Logan, Devlin, McGinn, Anderson and Taylor will all leave by the time next season starts. I'd hope Wright, McLennan, Considine, Hoban, Leigh, Virtanen and Ross will all sign new contracts. Add Watkins to that list but like I've said previously on this thread, I'm not convinced he'll be here. Edmondson will return to Leeds, Hernandez is off to Atlanta presumabl yand we all seem to think Cosgrove will be off in January. Lastly, Ferguson will be under the eyes of many clubs too.

Like people have said, there are lots of talented players OOC here in Scotland: Campbell, Gallacher, Findlay, Tshibola, Brophy, Stewart etc. 

I do wonder with Hernandez being confirmed as away in January that we'll attempt to bring in O'Donnell (OOC in January I think?). 

Interesting times ahead.

19 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Like people have said, there are lots of talented players OOC here in Scotland: Campbell, Gallacher, Findlay, Tshibola, Brophy, Stewart etc. 

I do wonder with Hernandez being confirmed as away in January that we'll attempt to bring in O'Donnell (OOC in January I think?). 

O'Donnell's deal is up to January but there's also an option on it to take him up to summer. I'd guess that's largely going to be on the player side though.

The story is that he had his eye on a move down south in the summer but Covid hit and limited his options. He lives 5 minutes away from Fir Park so as we were looking for a full back to come in the deal suited everyone.

In honesty I'd have thought if O'Donnell's looking at getting a big move then his best bet is holding off and seeing how his Euros go. When it comes down to it he'll get an Aberdeen level club as worst case scenario in the summer. Best case? He could make a lot more money if he has a good tournament.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Genuinely never heard of him.

Central defender, has scored loads this season.

I'm not saying he's good enough to play in the Premiership mind, just that apparently loads of teams have been watching him.

23 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I had this thought the other day too. He's settled in Aberdeen. Has a wife and new business up here.

Can imagine he'd still train with us part of the week and with Cove on the days they train/play. Would suit everybody really.

Saw him watching Cove @ Balmoral about a year ago, maybe did the WC plumbing :D

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Central defender, has scored loads this season.

I'm not saying he's good enough to play in the Premiership mind, just that apparently loads of teams have been watching him.

I'd doubt it. Scott Burns is mostly spot on with Don's stuff and hasn't mentioned him that I've seen.

1 hour ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I had this thought the other day too. He's settled in Aberdeen. Has a wife and new business up here.

Can imagine he'd still train with us part of the week and with Cove on the days they train/play. Would suit everybody really.

Yeah exactly.

8 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I would imagine we'll make a move for Allan Campbell as well. Wonder who our competition will be (apart from Hibs obviously).

Even if you wait till he’s out of contract in the summer … he is still under 23 so you’ll have to pay development fee

Think he’s been at Motherwell since he was 10 so you won’t get him for buttons 

8 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I would imagine we'll make a move for Allan Campbell as well. Wonder who our competition will be (apart from Hibs obviously).

English Championship clubs by all accounts. The rumour through the summer was Stoke was one of them.

As @Lobby Dossar says we'll be due a development fee. £500k was the figure being quoted, which sounds about right given age etc. We got £350k+ sell on for Hastie from Rangers when he moved.

14 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Even if you wait till he’s out of contract in the summer … he is still under 23 so you’ll have to pay development fee

Think he’s been at Motherwell since he was 10 so you won’t get him for buttons 

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

English Championship clubs by all accounts. The rumour through the summer was Stoke was one of them.

As @Lobby Dossar says we'll be due a development fee. £500k was the figure being quoted, which sounds about right given age etc. We got £350k+ sell on for Hastie from Rangers when he moved.

I don't get the impression from Cormack etc that they are the types to shy away from a bit of the old "speculate to accumulate". At least they're not nearly as reticent to do so as Milne. I would think they have a very good idea of what the compensation would be, and will have already made a decision whether or not to offer the lad a contract. Whether he accepts it is an entirely different matter!

I would think we'll be looking at Gallagher, but again, he'll likely have offers south of the border.

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I don't get the impression from Cormack etc that they are the types to shy away from a bit of the old "speculate to accumulate". At least they're not nearly as reticent to do so as Milne. I would think they have a very good idea of what the compensation would be, and will have already made a decision whether or not to offer the lad a contract. Whether he accepts it is an entirely different matter!

I would think we'll be looking at Gallagher, but again, he'll likely have offers south of the border.

Yeah. Think he's proven that with McCrorie.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Yeah, I'm not suggesting either way. As @Merkland Red says you've paid out for McCrorie. Ultimately come summer he's out of contract so we get no say, as long as we get our money then he can sign for whoever he wants.

It's interesting that the only real press speculation has come re: Aberdeen & Hibs. There's been no mention of other clubs.

Having said that the Hull interest in Scott came out the blue last January but given we've seen Heneghan move to Sheffield United, Moult to Preston, Kipré to Wigan, Turnbull to Celtic (along with McKinstry to Leeds and McAlear to Norwich) it'd be a surprise if Aberdeen and Hibs were the best offers Campbell ends up with on his table - especially if the dev fee is as low as £500k.

If they are they best offers he ends up with then he should probably fire his agent.

Edited by capt_oats

16 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Yeah, I'm not suggesting either way. As @Merkland Red says you've paid out for McCrorie. Ultimately come summer he's out of contract so we get no say, as long as we get our money then he can sign for whoever he wants.

It's interesting that the only real press speculation has come re: Aberdeen & Hibs. There's been no mention of other clubs.

Having said that the Hull interest in Scott came out the blue last January but given we've seen Heneghan move to Sheffield United, Moult to Preston, Kipré to Wigan, Turnbull to Celtic (along with McKinstry to Leeds and McAlear to Norwich) it's be a surprise if Aberdeen and Hibs were the best offers Campbell ends up with on his table - especially if the dev fee is as low as £500k.

If they are they best offers he ends up with then he should probably fire his agent.

Yeah you guys have a track record of players getting decent moves too so it's not like either club would be a stepping stone either.

I don't think Campbell can expect to do much better than Aberdeen tbh. Maybe a League One side like Sunderland trump the Dons and take a punt on him, but who knows. I don't think he's likely to improve all that much from where he is now.