The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

7 goals in 12 last season for the same club. Very good scoring record at Livi prior to his move to Blackpool, (now on loan at Plymouth). Plymouth fans love him going by what I've read on their forums. He hasn't necessarily played as an out and out striker this season either. 

Edit to add: Sam Nicholson will surely be under the eyes of McInnes. Having a good season at Bristol Rovers and OOC in the summer I think. 

In league 2 though. Fair point regarding not playing as a number 9, but Watkins doesn't either and has a better record in the Championship.

5 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I hear what you're saying but I just can't see Watkins being a permanent signing here. He must be on close to 10k a week. 

Perhaps not. Possibly other options. I liked the look of Ross Stewart the other day, there looks to be more to him than just being a big lump.

The only positive that can come from this is we signed him for Atlanta and will be fully subsidised.

The other rumour is Cormack and his pals made the decision to buy him. If that's the case he should be told to never get involved again. Just give the manager half of what you want to spunk on a no hoper.

If Russ Richardson has scouted and then recommended him at £800k then that should see him get his jotters.

A wee tet late but, to all you boys complaining about Dave, you do realise that he’s spent the last 20-odd years dealing with corporate America? That tends to lead to a rather self important view of their place the world. Have you not had any experience of Americans in Aberdeen in the last few decades? 

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

A wee tet late but, to all you boys complaining about Dave, you do realise that he’s spent the last 20-odd years dealing with corporate America? That tends to lead to a rather self important view of their place the world. Have you not had any experience of Americans in Aberdeen in the last few decades? 

That's what the 'boys' complaining about Dave have been saying...

I'm sure Hernandez mentioned on Twitter that he's been without him wife (and I think child) since he moved to Aberdeen, and the tweet had hefty doses of homesickness in it.

Probably the worst possible year for a player to move halfway across the country, to a brand new culture and style of play, tbf.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Aberdeen noted significant losses (there was a figure of a million quid a month over the summer) and Dave Cormack is absolutely desperate to get fans back to try and make some cash (we all know that he'll just keep demanding more and more fans are allowed in each week; it's been his plan all along).

How then would Aberdeen be able to afford the decent sum Ross County would (rightly) demand for Stewart?

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sure Hernandez mentioned on Twitter that he's been without him wife (and I think child) since he moved to Aberdeen, and the tweet had hefty doses of homesickness in it.

Probably the worst possible year for a player to move halfway across the country, to a brand new culture and style of play, tbf.

He’d already spent a couple of years in Norway before coming to us so probably not as drastic as all that.

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aberdeen noted significant losses (there was a figure of a million quid a month over the summer) and Dave Cormack is absolutely desperate to get fans back to try and make some cash (we all know that he'll just keep demanding more and more fans are allowed in each week; it's been his plan all along).

How then would Aberdeen be able to afford the decent sum Ross County would (rightly) demand for Stewart?

Bosman.

I would imagine we'll make a move for Allan Campbell as well. Wonder who our competition will be (apart from Hibs obviously).

Would be interesting to see whether Ferguson moves forward behind the striker, or McCrorie moves back into a 'Libero' kind of role.

Lots of quality in the league available on free transfer; let's see how ambitious the board are willing to be.

Looks incredibly likely that Hernandez will be off to Atlanta in Jan. Word is that when we signed him, they didn't have room for an international player on the books but now do. We sign him, keep him for a year and they get him at the end of the year. No-one really loses, apart from the player left kicking his heels for a year.

I think he's a decent player, obviously we don't see him in training every day but he's a full international for a team ranked miles above Scotland. Anytime I've seen him (admittedly, hardly at all) he's not really done much wrong. McInnes obviously just doesn't fancy him, Logan, Kennedy and Mclennan all appear to be ahead of him to play RWB which seems pretty ludicrous on paper.

January priorities for me would be:

- either extend Watkins stay or find like for like replacement

- Another centre half, hopefully good enough to shift Ash Taylor into being cover only

- Another option for the front 3 of the 3-4-3

- Potential WB cover, specifically on the left if Hayes is a bit more injury prone these days.

Potential departures would be Ojo, Logan, Mcginn who probably all earn decent wages that aren't being justified.