The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I see Mr Cormack is in the back pages again today, this time pushing for the worst iteration of the “Atlantic League” rubbish yet.
Lets go through the countries involved in this league:
Scotland - makes sense
Norway - yep
Sweden - some big teams there 
Denmark - aye go on then
Ireland - hahaha what
Irish domestic football isn’t even fully professional. The LoI is full of part time clubs. And it isn’t even the most popular football competition in the country, everyone in Ireland supports an EPL team. There would be zero interest in this competition in the Republic, you’d genuinely be better off trying Wales or NI.
These ideas are always shite but this is the worst one yet.
The more I hear from Cormack the less impressed I am. The Atlantic League stuff today is a joke. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-cormack-urges-celtic-u-23155910
Would be nice to go a couple of weeks without Dave Cormack being all over the media.

There's a happy balance somewhere in the middle of the once a season Wiggy interview and the almost daily Dave Cormack ones.

Time to put the head down and get focused on improving the football on the park Dave.

Scott Burns reporting it, so its probably already done, but looks like Ross Stewart might be your Cosgrove replacement.
Saying that I really liked the look of stewart on Saturday. Particularly the movement to make space for his shot in the second half. And although he fluffed the finish he done well to get the wrong side of Taylor.

Guest Bob Mahelp
43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scott Burns reporting it, so its probably already done, but looks like Ross Stewart might be your Cosgrove replacement.

It would be nice if it were true. Stewart has looked ready for a long time now for a step up.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I've been championing Ross Stewart for a while so I'd be pretty happy if it was true.

I'm a little concerned that he hasn't been scoring an awful lot even if County have been pretty poor since the 3rd game of the season. Would like him to stand out a bit more from the rest.

I think that Watkins proved that what we need to make things work is not necessarily a target man up front, but a clever striker who is adept at dropping deeper to pick up the ball and then bringing others like Hedges and Wright into play. 

Since Watkins got injured we've been back to playing the clueless rubbish that has plagued us for the last couple of years. Cosgrove (one sublime goal against Hibs aside) obviously isn't interested so we're back to using Curtis Main as the round peg in the square hole. 

I've always seen Stewart as an intelligent footballer, but I have the awful feeling that we'd use him as a long ball target man rather than the kind of link up striker that Watkins is. 

If it were a choice between Watkins or  Stewart, I'd much rather go with Watkins at this moment in time. 

46 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

've always seen Stewart as an intelligent footballer, but I have the awful feeling that we'd use him as a long ball target man rather than the kind of link up striker that Watkins is. 

Yeah I agree he seems to be a better footballer than the target man role he has been saddled with and his build would suggest.

Hopefully McInnes can see that as well but I'm not convinced.

Main seems to be the best option at the moment if we're reverting to that strategy. He was actually in pretty good form before last season ended prematurely. Would be happy enough for him to get a run of games as long as he can stay fit!

Main did well on Saturday and has probably done a bit better generally than I expected when he signed (my expectations could barely have been lower), but it's really not a good look for Cosgrove if Main keeps him out of the team for a protracted period of time. 

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Quite confident Watkins will end up with his good mate, Lee Johnson. The latter has always rated Watkins very highly.

As people have said, Stewart may be a replacement for Watkins as opposed to Cosgrove. 

I like Stewart, although, I would prefer we tried to bring in Ryan Hardie

1 goal in 12 in the English League One? That wouldn't suggest he's anywhere near the standard required to improve us. Stranger things have happened, but I'd prefer we tried to bring in Watkins or someone else.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

1 goal in 12 in the English League One? That wouldn't suggest he's anywhere near the standard required to improve us. Stranger things have happened, but I'd prefer we tried to bring in Watkins or someone else.

7 goals in 12 last season for the same club. Very good scoring record at Livi prior to his move to Blackpool, (now on loan at Plymouth). Plymouth fans love him going by what I've read on their forums. He hasn't necessarily played as an out and out striker this season either. 

Edit to add: Sam Nicholson will surely be under the eyes of McInnes. Having a good season at Bristol Rovers and OOC in the summer I think. 

Edited by Irrational Behaviour