The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Regardless of what you think of Cormack’s way of trying to take getting fans back into stadiums, there was one point on which he took issue with what Jason Leitch said where he is undoubtedly correct. Cormack said that our test event against Killie went without a hitch, but in response to that Leitch said that there was no way that you could tell where someone caught Covid. Quite rightly Cormack came back to Leitch saying that you can be 100% certain that no one on the Pittodrie test event caught it, because you can follow up with all of the 300 attendees. Leitch just couldn’t bring himself to admit that the event was a success. Why not? Is that not the point in having test events? I take it that Leitch was devastated that it was a success.

So much so that Ross County had another. 

It maybe, just maybe could be down to the fact it appears every time the city or shite turns a corner that there is another cluster of cases.

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well it's a prime example of how people may celebrate whilst watching a game of football.

If the authorities were to solely base their decisions on what “may” or “might” happen we’re never going to get anywhere. 

35 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Regardless of what you think of Cormack’s way of trying to take getting fans back into stadiums, there was one point on which he took issue with what Jason Leitch said where he is undoubtedly correct. Cormack said that our test event against Killie went without a hitch, but in response to that Leitch said that there was no way that you could tell where someone caught Covid. Quite rightly Cormack came back to Leitch saying that you can be 100% certain that no one on the Pittodrie test event caught it, because you can follow up with all of the 300 attendees. Leitch just couldn’t bring himself to admit that the event was a success. Why not? Is that not the point in having test events? I take it that Leitch was devastated that it was a success.

Yeah Cormack was right in that particular argument, however that’s fairly minor in the grand scheme of things.

Every industry is justifiably arguing their case to trade more freely at the minute, and in isolation just about every single industry could make their case for being safe in some sort of way. 

The SG have to look at things in totality and to be honest I don’t have nearly enough insight to tell them what the right decisions are to take. Who to give more leeway to and who to shut down. Scottish football is trading through tv money and sponsorship, albeit at a much reduced level. Much of hospitality has closed completely.

I am comfortable, however, that the government are not pursuing a vandetta against football. I have a funeral next week that I have to watch via a webcast. It’s a fucking shite state of affairs but I don’t think that it’s being done on purpose by the government.

I am just uncomfortable with the very public two footed approach from Dave and the SPFL. 

Edited by Dons_1988

37 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Leitch has said before, quite a few times, that all the test events went very well, including the Aberdeen one.

Cormack is correct in that it is very difficult to ascertain where people have caught the virus, but that means that football stadiums can't be ruled out either, although they are lower risk. It's the travelling to and from games and the mingling before and after games that are the main issues regarding transmission of the virus in relation to football games.

I can't see that Dave is in the wrong here unless his approach is counterproductive. 

He has a legal responsibilty to try to get the best outcome for the club's employees, creditors and investors, as well as maybe even their paying customers. If he comes across as an arse doing that, well, he will just have to come across as an arse. 

Taking Dave Cormack out of the equation for a moment, where is the explanation from Leitch, and the Scottish government, on why the 300 fan limit is still being applied in Tier 1 areas. Numerous test events held, with no issues as far as I know yet still the arbitrary limit of 300 is applied. In the Highlands, cases are still low, generally single figures daily but still no more than 300 at a match while supermarkets and shopping centres packed to the gunnels. 

Cynical answer would be that everything is being restricted to "protect" Christmas where the government knows a further spike in cases will follow but hey, that's better than allowing fans to watch a match, in a Tier 1 area, in any great numbers. 

As for Cormack, for me, he hit the nail on the head about Jason Leitch. He seems all too willing to appear with those other clowns on Off the Ball than seriously try to look at accommodating fans attending football matches. 

Cormack did a bit on Sky Sports News way back at the start of the Covid drama and he came across pretty well. Talking up the community club stuff and the like.

He's coming across as quite the tiresome p***k here though.

The Twitter replies to that statement were quite something. 

How many season tickets have Aberdeen sold for this season ???

Say 1000 or even 2000 fans are allowed in I take it they will all be season ticket holders by ways of a ballot for each game. 
Could end up messy you get a Hamilton game and your mate gets an old firm game. 
So with all the extra procedures that will have to be put in place and no paying customers how does the club make money ??

The big bucks are from hospitality and I’ve had hospitality at Aberdeen and there crammed in … this ain’t going t happen anytime soon ( hospitality I mean ) 

Genuine question how many paying customers do Aberdeen need through the gate before they make money from them 

51 minutes ago, Huisdean50 said:

Taking Dave Cormack out of the equation for a moment, where is the explanation from Leitch, and the Scottish government, on why the 300 fan limit is still being applied in Tier 1 areas. Numerous test events held, with no issues as far as I know yet still the arbitrary limit of 300 is applied. In the Highlands, cases are still low, generally single figures daily but still no more than 300 at a match while supermarkets and shopping centres packed to the gunnels. 

Cynical answer would be that everything is being restricted to "protect" Christmas where the government knows a further spike in cases will follow but hey, that's better than allowing fans to watch a match, in a Tier 1 area, in any great numbers. 

As for Cormack, for me, he hit the nail on the head about Jason Leitch. He seems all too willing to appear with those other clowns on Off the Ball than seriously try to look at accommodating fans attending football matches. 

Regarding your first paragraph, if you don't know by this stage then you have to be wilfully ignoring the answers.

Also it isn't a binary choice between appearing for 30 minutes on a radio show every Saturday or doing a job as advisor to the government. Shockingly it is possible to do both.