The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I'm hoping tomorrow will be one of those miracle days where you pull a performance out of nowhere, like the 3-2 at Celtic Park with half our youth team playing.

Had we our full squad to pick from I'd be reasonably confident of a draw at least. If Ferguson is the one with Covid I can't see anything other than a home win.

5 hours ago, Jute said:

Assuming Leigh and Ojo in the middle. I think I might need to wash my hair at 12 tomorrow. 

As Campbell was due to be on the bench tomorrow, he may start. Derek likes giving Deano a game against Rangers and Celtic.

3 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I'm hoping tomorrow will be one of those miracle days where you pull a performance out of nowhere, like the 3-2 at Celtic Park with half our youth team playing.

Had we our full squad to pick from I'd be reasonably confident of a draw at least. If Ferguson is the one with Covid I can't see anything other than a home win.

McCrorie is the one with Covid, but Ferguson still has to self isolate for 14 days from yesterday together with McLennan.

Edited by kingjoey

36 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

McCrorie is the one with Covid, but Ferguson still has to self isolate for 14 days from yesterday together with McLennan.

Sounds like McCrorie, Ferguson, and McLennan have been mingling with the rest of our squad. Our entire squad will have to self-isolate unfortunately...

😶

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Derek McInnes on Sportsound pretty angry at the SFA for having no tests done on the players since Sunday. Seems strange that they wouldn’t have tested, but don’t know what difference it would have made to the present situation.

Robinson's also having a dig at the SFA in his post-match.

"A similar thing happened to ourselves we get a covid positive test, we shut the club down for two days. It's detrimental to our preparation for our game against Livingston but ultimately everyone's health and going above and beyond protocols is what we've done and I hope that's been replicated in alleged elite performance environment. I would like to know the answer to that."

The club put out a statement of sorts earlier implying that the travel arrangements were a problem:

"Both Allan and Barry tested negative when they were tested by Motherwell FC on their return to Fir Park on Wednesday.

However, the Scottish FA have informed us that due to the seating arrangements on flights and buses in Greece, our players are required to isolate under trace and protect procedures."

Link

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Sounds like McCrorie, Ferguson, and McLennan have been mingling with the rest of our squad. Our entire squad will have to self-isolate unfortunately...

😶

I think that if that was the case it would have happened today.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Hopefully Goodwin plays the way he's played the last couple of times against us.

We are due some luck against yous , so hopefully he does. 

His game plan at Pittodrie earlier in the season was nearly perfect. If he had brought on the correct subs earlier, I reckon we would have got at least a draw.

We have conceded the same as Aberdeen in the league,  so can see the 2 back to back games being tight affairs. 

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

We are due some luck against yous , so hopefully he does. 

His game plan at Pittodrie earlier in the season was nearly perfect. If he had brought on the correct subs earlier, I reckon we would have got at least a draw.

We have conceded the same as Aberdeen in the league,  so can see the 2 back to back games being tight affairs. 

St Mirren played very well. The main issue was you never looked like scoring. It was a screamer of a goal but that aside there was a lot of build up play to then fire a cross in which is bread and butter for our three at the back. 

The other decent chance was a long ball that Taylor misjudged.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

St Mirren played very well. The main issue was you never looked like scoring. It was a screamer of a goal but that aside there was a lot of build up play to then fire a cross in which is bread and butter for our three at the back. 

The other decent chance was a long ball that Taylor misjudged.

We have struggled in the final 3rd for most of this season,  but are slowly showing signs of improvement. 

With home advantage for the 2 games, I live in hope that we can at least get a positive result from one of them.

Well, might have already been posted, but missing an entire national/under 21 midfield what would you expect?

Edit: maybe I’m being unfair here but I suspect, had it been the other way around, somehow the game would have been postponed?

10 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Are you likely to have any of your injured players back for Saturday?

Scott Wright maybe, can't think of any others

8 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Edit: maybe I’m being unfair here but I suspect, had it been the other way around, somehow the game would have been postponed?

Nah, can't have that, we have been fucked by the SFA along with other clubs but we can still put out a team.