The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I take it the accounts won't be available until next month to read?

Whilst the situation is clearly very serious, our Dave is no stranger to a bit of hyperbole and is clearly conducting a campaign directed at the SG just now. I'd be keen to see the numbers laid out before hitting the panic button.

33 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Whilst the situation is clearly very serious, our Dave is no stranger to a bit of hyperbole and is clearly conducting a campaign directed at the SG just now. I'd be keen to see the numbers laid out before hitting the panic button.

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Frankly, I'm happy for him to do so. It takes all view points at the moment. I am happy to abide by the government's regulations, but people/stakeholders need to keep pushing and questioning them.

Frankly, there'll come a point (and we may reach that over xmas) where the potential impact of the virus is superceeded by the impact on mental health.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Not a great deal you can actually take from the annual report as only shows the March to June impact of the pandemic. A fairly predictable drop in the revenue.

Clearly those forecasts highlighted are very concerning if true. I'm still not sure it's realistic to expect any crowds beyond ST holders for the rest of this season, so the club needs to plan for that now IMO. Crowds of 5k or whatever isn't going to solve the CF crisis we have.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not a great deal you can actually take from the annual report as only shows the March to June impact of the pandemic. A fairly predictable drop in the revenue.

Clearly those forecasts highlighted are very concerning if true. I'm still not sure it's realistic to expect any crowds beyond ST holders for the rest of this season, so the club needs to plan for that now IMO. Crowds of 5k or whatever isn't going to solve the CF crisis we have.

Agreed.

It's also pretty futile trying to fight the government when they could just show the club a video of supporters watching the Scotland game in The Draft Project last week as a reason why we're not getting anybody in. 

It'll go one of two ways. Make staff redundant and keep investing in the team or making cuts player wise or cut the playing budget and potentially go backwards.

Doesn't seem to be a happy medium.

Cormack and Wicks to give an update on YouTube at 1100.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Agreed.

It's also pretty futile trying to fight the government when they could just show the club a video of supporters watching the Scotland game in The Draft Project last week as a reason why we're not getting anybody in. 

It'll go one of two ways. Make staff redundant and keep investing in the team or making cuts player wise or cut the playing budget and potentially go backwards.

The third option is the head-in-the-sand approach that Sevco seem to be taking.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Agreed.

The cynical side of me says they know full well that redundancies/cut backs are coming and this is laying the foundation for partial blame on the SG.

On 18/11/2020 at 22:53, tarapoa said:

This final game of the season dead rubber in the McGhee era must have passed you by.

image.png.7c0d1f29d4781c73cfae55c87b4b930a.png

Fecking hell , that game seems to have passed me by also, but now that I'm reading about it, the old grey cells are returning and I realise that I was actually at that game.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

I'll tell you how to give us hope for next season Dave.

Go and get Allan Campbell and Declan Gallagher on a pre-contract. Get Wright and McLennan on long term deals. Build a rocket, stick Ojo and Taylor in it, and f**k them both off to the moon.

1 hour ago, Sheep62 said:

Fecking hell , that game seems to have passed me by also, but now that I'm reading about it, the old grey cells are returning and I realise that I was actually at that game.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/08/150817132325.htm#:~:text=At first%2C hidden memories that,stress disorder or dissociative disorders.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

3 positives and 10 close contacts now self isolating. Would have to guess at least one Aberdeen player will be affected with those sort of numbers.

Full investigation required to see if SFA followed protocols.

4 minutes ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

It was already going to be a tough task tomorrow with injuries we have and McCrorie being out. Massive concern what the midfield will look like tomorrow.

Assuming Leigh and Ojo in the middle. I think I might need to wash my hair at 12 tomorrow. 

Full investigation required to see if SFA followed protocols.

Even if they did I, there is only so much they could do in terms of Greece itself.

You can have all the protocols in the world but if you don't have full control of the environment it's perfectly possible for the infection to be caught - hotels, transport, the Greek opposition - I doubt very much the SFA had much control over those.