The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 hours ago, big al said:

We missed a big chance first game of season at home. Poor performance.

Same in semi final otherwise a great start. Motherwell game just 1 of those days.

I'd suggest we would not be on so many points overall if August 1st day/night had not went so badly

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I think we missed Watkins last night. Cosgrove scored a good goal but his link up play was non-existent, and it allowed Hibs to get more of the ball than they should have.

I'd like to see us try and sign him permanently, he's made a huge difference to the team over the last few months.

Being 2-0 up made that situation more so.

Watkins would be a good permanent signing in January.

Transfer offer to Bristol £0

Signing on fee equal to reduction in wages from Feb-June.

Seems like a deal.

9 hours ago, Costanza said:

Did they not pay £800k for a right back? What's happened to him?

Yes, Ronald Hernandez. Venezuelan international. Played 2/3 times but well out the picture just now.

Some talk it was the chairman and his American mates who signed him.

The match at Ibrox, with at least six players out, is going to be very difficult.

I wouldn't be getting too down if it is a defeat and there are plenty games left in the season to claw back some points.

3 behind Celtic and 6 behind Rangers after 12 games is very good shooting. Even if it goes to 6 and 9 in the next game we should just try to get back on it and rack up a run of 4,5 or 6 wins on the bounce and that will see the gap reduced by at least something as they will have some slip ups.

Happy with points to date total but we are currently twelve points behind THEM and a defeat a week on Sunday would see us fall fifteen behind them before November is out albeit with two games in hand but one of them is against the other cheek.

Just now, Sheep62 said:

Happy with points to date total but we are currently twelve points behind THEM and a defeat a week on Sunday would see us fall fifteen behind them before November is out albeit with two games in hand but one of them is against the other cheek.

There will be lots of cancellations this season I wouldn't get too excited about who games in hand are against. 

6 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Ahh baws, I just remember McCrorie can't play and McGeouch is still injured. Can we just postpone this game until next season?

Ojo, Campbell, Leigh or Hoban (Devlin added to defence) are all a bit of a downgrade.

It probably leads to playing 3 in the central midfield so causes quite a few changes.

Ojo like for like in our formation is asking for some serious trouble.

2 minutes ago, d31 said:

Ojo, Campbell, Leigh or Hoban (Devlin added to defence) are all a bit of a downgrade.

It probably leads to playing 3 in the central midfield so causes quite a few changes.

Ojo like for like in our formation is asking for some serious trouble.

I don't think taking Hoban out of defence is a wise move. For me the best option would be young Campbell, but even if he's back from injury, he'll still be hugely lacking in fitness.

Just now, Illgresi said:

I don't think taking Hoban out of defence is a wise move. For me the best option would be young Campbell, but even if he's back from injury, he'll still be hugely lacking in fitness.

I think if i felt more likely a result was possible then my vote would be for Hoban.

I don't think we've much of a chance so it should be Ojo as to not destroy his confidence. We'll need an extra man in there so either Hedges is trusted to play deeper or we sacrifice Wright for Leigh/Campbell.

12 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

If Hayes is fit could he play CM? Will give the energy and composure on the ball needed. McLennan and Kennedy as WBs

Possible, he's done it before hasn't he, in his first stint with us? He's certainly developed the defensive side of his game enough, and has the pace to do an effective man-marking job on anyone in their team. Good shout.

Edited by Illgresi

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

Possible, he's done it before hasn't he, in his first stint with us? He's certainly developed the defensive side of his game enough, and has the pace do do an effective man-marking job on anyone in their team. Good shout.

Yeah I seem to remember he played there for a couple games and did very well. His range of passing is good and like you say can do the defensive side no bother. Really, I'm just looking for any reason to not play Ojo.

On 09/11/2020 at 11:23, Zapp Brannigan said:

If Hayes is fit could he play CM? Will give the energy and composure on the ball needed. McLennan and Kennedy as WBs

Hayes at LWB is probably more needed when you consider the influence that Taverner has on this Rangers team.

Given his obviously lack of game time in months, but I'd rather see what Leigh could do in midfield, alongside Ferguson and Campbell. Especially with probably more of a defensive game.

Ojo seems primed for a loan in January, don't see him having much of a future left.

4 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Hayes at LWB is probably more needed when you consider the influence that Taverner has on this Rangers team.

Given his obviously lack of game time in months, but I'd rather see what Leigh could do in midfield, alongside Ferguson and Campbell. Especially with probably more of a defensive game.

Ojo seems primed for a loan in January, don't see him having much of a future left.

Campbell’s been out for so long that I can’t see him coming straight into the side in a game against Rangers.

Yeah, I can't see Campbell coming straight back in, especially as I think McInnes would probably still go for Ojo over him anyway. I didn't particularly like Leigh in midfield last season, but he does have a few of the attributes that McCrorie brings to that role, such as energy and some combativeness, so he might be the most 'natural' replacement from the options available if McInnes sticks with the 3-4-3. If he wants an extra body in there, I'd imagine it will be Ojo, Leigh and Ferguson, which doesn't fill me with great optimism but is probably the best of what we have available with McCrorie and McGeouch both out. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

As it stands at this moment, Rangers are head and shoulders above everyone else in the league. Even with out strongest side, we'd do very well to get something out of this sadly.