The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2020/21

Leigh is a great squad option if he's coming in for free. I wouldn't have paid a fee for him to be our first choice LB but in these circumstances I'm up for it.

He's not displacing Hayes at WB so don't think we need to worry much there. He could definitely play left of a 3 and provide a threat offensively from there starting attacks.

Also gives us more flexibility to play a back 4 if we feel the need to change throughout the season.

He also seems like a very likeable c**t.

Get him in.

As we saw at times on Friday night Hoban was our most effective attacker and seemed to get the ball deep and wide often in the Saints half. I’d be more confident in Greg Leigh’s ability in the oppositions final third though he obviously isn’t a patch on Hoban defensively

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

As we saw at times on Friday night Hoban was our most effective attacker and seemed to get the ball deep and wide often in the Saints half. I’d be more confident in Greg Leigh’s ability in the oppositions final third though he obviously isn’t a patch on Hoban defensively

I reckon he could fit into a back 3 quite well. Hoban will be there talking him through it and he's got good pace to cover as well as bringing  the ball out from the back. I'd be quite happy with him signing.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Leigh is a great squad option if he's coming in for free. I wouldn't have paid a fee for him to be our first choice LB but in these circumstances I'm up for it.

He's not displacing Hayes at WB so don't think we need to worry much there. He could definitely play left of a 3 and provide a threat offensively from there starting attacks.

Also gives us more flexibility to play a back 4 if we feel the need to change throughout the season.

He also seems like a very likeable c**t.

Get him in.

Yeah this is exactly how I feel about it. Good cover for Hayes too if required. I'd prefer him to Jonny at left back if it came down to it but Hayes is deadly on the wing when he gets to start that 20 yards deeper.

As others have said look at most other left back options in the league (although I think he was a bit harsh on Doig and Robson).

If we had capacity for one last signing I'd have hoped for a new first pick centre back as I worry about the quality after Hoban and also the succession planning of how much longer Taylor, Devlin and Consi are in the team or squad.

Just now, d31 said:

If we had capacity for one last signing I'd have hoped for a new first pick centre back as I worry about the quality after Hoban and also the succession planning of how much longer Taylor, Devlin and Consi are in the team or squad.

A centre back who is good on the ball is going to cost a lot more than a good left back who would do a job in a back three though.

I love Consi but time and time again this season he's starting to get caught on the ball. Teams are forcing us to our left side. He's solid defensively but he could really cost us when we're trying to play out.

Declan Gallagher and Stuart Findlay are both out of contract next summer. I'd imagine we'll take a swing at either or both of them.

Edited by Illgresi

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

Declan Gallagher and Stuart Findlay are both out of contract next summer. I'd imagine we'll take a swing at either or both of them.

Yeah. I'd imagine Gallagher will look down the road. Findlay may not after the Newcastle experience.

Gallagher’s pushing 30 so not sure he would get that great an offer down south. Not that I hope we go for him either. Findlay I wouldn’t mind as much.

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Gallagher’s pushing 30 so not sure he would get that great an offer down south. Not that I hope we go for him either. Findlay I wouldn’t mind as much.

Wow. Thought he was at least 4 years younger than that.

13 minutes ago, scottorae said:

Leigh signing gives a load of flexibility to the squad, including allowing to play Hayes elsewhere

According to twitter we are signing Leigh to play CM to push McCrorie in to centre back.

Can you imagine some of these people trying to complete a jig saw puzzle?

I see Pittman has signed a new deal with Livingston. Obviously it wasn’t looking like we were going for him this window but we know how Mcinnes likes to go back for previous targets?

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

According to twitter we are signing Leigh to play CM to push McCrorie in to centre back.

Can you imagine some of these people trying to complete a jig saw puzzle?

What sort of moron would think Leigh is a CM? 

2.55200633.jpg

5 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Good move for him I think.

Would have hoped he'd get a Premier team but at least it is game time.

24 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Good move for him I think.

As I said it wouldn't be logical to have 5 strikers up until January so good that he's got a move. Interesting that it is a move until the end of the season with a recall in January, must be banking on either Edmondson or Watkins to stay for the rest of the season.

I was hoping he would get a Premiership move. He has to be looking to be one of the best players at Championship level if he's serious about making it with us.