The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2020/21

I see there's someone claiming on Twitter that we are looking at getting in a third choice keeper, but surely that's just crap unless Tom Ritchie is getting put out on loan.

Would sound very random. I'd vote for another creative player.

31 minutes ago, BodDon said:

I see there's someone claiming on Twitter that we are looking at getting in a third choice keeper, but surely that's just crap unless Tom Ritchie is getting put out on loan.

That would be an absolutely mental waste of money. Unless we're bringing in a young keeper with potential with a view to replacing Lewis long term. That would be a long, long term view though, as Lewis has got 5 years left at this level.

26 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

That would be an absolutely mental waste of money. Unless we're bringing in a young keeper with potential with a view to replacing Lewis long term. That would be a long, long term view though, as Lewis has got 5 years left at this level.

Only heard fantastic things about Tom Ritchie though, I could see him as a long term replacement for Lewis. It just depends whether he wants to stay for the next 4-5 years being second choice to Lewis.

1 minute ago, BodDon said:

Only heard fantastic things about Tom Ritchie though, I could see him as a long term replacement for Lewis. It just depends whether he wants to stay for the next 4-5 years being second choice to Lewis.

Looks like he's only 17, so when Joe's contract runs out in 2024 he'll be 21 which is still a bit young for a keeper. That said, if he's good enough...

who is this j Gallagher scallywag18891909_Screenshot_20201004-112953_Score20Centre.thumb.jpeg.2ac9deec8b60bc27f1465e76558a5e8d.jpeg

The Duracell Bunny scoring twice in one match - impossible surely?

21 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Looks like he's only 17, so when Joe's contract runs out in 2024 he'll be 21 which is still a bit young for a keeper. That said, if he's good enough...

Could get two loans in before he's 21 so he's ready for first team football.

44 minutes ago, BodDon said:

That's why Mair left.

I'm sure Jack Hamilton will do well for you.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm sure Jack Hamilton will do well for you.

Please no.

30 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

That's why Mair left.

Not sure his chances of first team football are any better at Norwich short or long term. Would imagine he's on a better wage there and the chance to develop at a Premier League (at the time) team would be hard to turn down.

53 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Not sure his chances of first team football are any better at Norwich short or long term. Would imagine he's on a better wage there and the chance to develop at a Premier League (at the time) team would be hard to turn down.

Yeah exactly. We were still training in fields at this point. 

It seemed likely after his contract with NEC Breda was terminated. I'm still not sure where he fits into a 3-4-3, though - he's not going to displace Hayes at wing-back and I don't think he has the defensive nous to play as a centre-back in a three, especially against better opposition. If he's just a squad option then I'm fine with that. 

5 hours ago, scottorae said:

Cosgrove back in a couple of weeks

I know, but if we’re not able to keep Watkins and Edmonson past January, we obviously have to keep Main and Anderson.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I know, but if we’re not able to keep Watkins and Edmonson past January, we obviously have to keep Main and Anderson.

Could loan out Anderson till January to guarantee him first team game time though. Do we really need to run with 5 strikers up until January?

28 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Well there we go.

Evening Express says we’re looking to loan out the boy Gallagher we signed from County in January too.

35 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

It seemed likely after his contract with NEC Breda was terminated. I'm still not sure where he fits into a 3-4-3, though - he's not going to displace Hayes at wing-back and I don't think he has the defensive nous to play as a centre-back in a three, especially against better opposition. If he's just a squad option then I'm fine with that. 

I think the back three helps him out if we're worried how well he defends.

Our problems with the back three since McKenna left have been down to Consi and Taylors lack of ability on the ball along with their pace.  Leigh can help with taking the ball up the park 

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think the back three helps him out if we're worried how well he defends.

Our problems with the back three since McKenna left have been down to Consi and Taylors lack of ability on the ball along with their pace.  Leigh can help with taking the ball up the park 

I remember having concerns about his positional sense and his reading of the game - I can faintly recall a few goals where he just seemed to switch off too easily and didn't track runners properly, or was just posted missing. The back three with a very good wing-back in Hayes might give him a bit more protection, but I'm still sceptical. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong if he does play there, mind - certainly wouldn't be the first time. 

Greg Leigh was one of our best performers last season prior to injury. He's a good player at this level (not exceptional) who can cover a number of positions.

Apart from The Rangers or Celtic, just compare Greg Leigh to what the rest of the league have at left back.

I'd much rather have Greg Leigh over Lewis Stevenson, Doig, Jake Carroll, Calum Waters, Julian Serrano, Adrian Sporle, Jamie Robson, Scott Tanser etc.