The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2020/21

I've no idea what the budget is. If money wasn't an option as such then I'd like to see us go for Jason Kerr. He wouldn't be cheap though.

We wouldn’t be entertaining any offers right now unless it’s over a million. Club captain, 23, 3 seasons top flight and another couple of years on his deal. I’d say anything less than 1.5 million and we’d throw it out.

Findlay on the other hand is apparently out of contract at the end of the season...

35 minutes ago, Widge said:

We wouldn’t be entertaining any offers right now unless it’s over a million. Club captain, 23, 3 seasons top flight and another couple of years on his deal. I’d say anything less than 1.5 million and we’d throw it out.

Findlay on the other hand is apparently out of contract at the end of the season...

Findlay definitely a cheaper option but not as good as Kerr with a ball at his feet.

Kerr is a pipe dream. That's just the type of player I'd like us to sign.

It'll be an EPL/Championship loan.

I imagine Findlay being cheaper, and left footed, would have him ahead of Kerr in any queue.

Won't stop the Twitter based Aberdeen fans claiming they're signing Kerr for £100k because Saints are skint, mind you.

42 minutes ago, scottorae said:

Every time I’ve seen Findlay he has looked big, cumbersome and slow. Am I missing something here?

I agree, wouldn't take Findlay in. Looked really good for an extremely good manager in Clarke, same with Brophy. 

46 minutes ago, scottorae said:

Every time I’ve seen Findlay he has looked big, cumbersome and slow. Am I missing something here?

Like for like replacement for McKenna then amarite.

giphy.gif

Mentioned this before but in case anyone fits into the AFC X Twilight Sad demographic this may be relevant to your interests.

2 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Greg Leigh just released by NAC Breda

Can definitely see this happening after loaning our only other left back other than Jonny Hayes. Would be a fantastic move, his height can really help at the left centre back area and can cover for Jonny at left wing back. 

1 minute ago, BodDon said:

Can definitely see this happening after loaning our only other left back other than Jonny Hayes. Would be a fantastic move, his height can really help at the left centre back area and can cover for Jonny at left wing back. 

I mean we still have Considine so it’s not the only left back.

Does seem unlikely to be a coincidence though. Can’t see Hayes being dropped and signing Leigh as a backup seems a waste. Can he play on the left of a back 3?

Wouldn't fancy Considine playing as a left wing back admittedly.

5 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Yeah, I was more meaning left wing back, I'd view Considine as more of a centre back now, I'd imagine Kennedy and others will be ahead of Consi at left wing back.

I thought our fans overrated Leigh - he was a strong runner and decent in the air, but not the best technically and not great at actually defending. I wouldn't mind having him as a squad player, but Hayes is a far superior option at wing-back and I can't imagine him in a back three. 

Just now, Irrational Behaviour said:

If the left and right sided centre backs have scope to get forward then I can see Leigh playing there. 

You can definitely see that with Hoban bombing forward a few times last night.

11 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I mean we still have Considine so it’s not the only left back.

Does seem unlikely to be a coincidence though. Can’t see Hayes being dropped and signing Leigh as a backup seems a waste. Can he play on the left of a back 3?

I definitely think he can. Was good in the air for his size and is well built.

I'm all for this.

26 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Hedges, Hernandez and McLennan can all play right wing back (I think McLennan could be good there) so Kennedy would be able to go left wing back if Hayes was rested.

You can definitely see that with Hoban bombing forward a few times last night.

I can’t overemphasise how much I love having Tommie in this team.