The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

My seven year old son's favourite player is Scott McKenna. Showed him the photo of him in his Nottingham Forest strip. The wee man looked like he was about to burst in to tears and then spent the next 5 mins trying to convince me he didn't care.

Took me back to my reaction when Eoin Jess left Coventry at the same age!

I always remember my dad holding me after Marvin Andrew's last game, he leaned over with me to say bye and I burst into tears and the big man took me and gave me a big hug. 

You never understand at that age :D 

Edited by ATLIS

20 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

A good Scottish player had the temerity to develop at a Club that wasn’t there’s 

They’ll be fizzing again in two years when he moves to Everton for £40 million and scoops the Dandies £10 million :D

Due to England's vastly overrated opinion of their game there is a good chance of this happening

47 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

Team played well tonight. Thought Wright maybe should have come on earlier. They were always going to drop off later in the game and we needed a goal.

Lets see if we can get another run of wins going though.

Going to disagree bud. Playing well surely at least means creating good chances, which we didn’t really. 
Big disappointment and missed opportunity with maybe a little too negative tactics, as they weren’t that great and aren’t up to speed yet.

1 minute ago, big al said:

Going to disagree bud. Playing well surely at least means creating good chances, which we didn’t really. 
Big disappointment and missed opportunity with maybe a little too negative tactics, as they weren’t that great and aren’t up to speed yet.

Define “weren’t that great”. 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Define “weren’t that great”. 

They weren’t that great, in my head meant ‘team with a big reputation who should be beating us easily on paper, but on the night didn’t look any better than us’.

I thought we showed them too much respect. It was there first real game of the season and therefore the best opportunity to get at them and exploit that.

5 minutes ago, big al said:

They weren’t that great, in my head meant ‘team with a big reputation who should be beating us easily on paper, but on the night didn’t look any better than us’.

I thought we showed them too much respect. It was there first real game of the season and therefore the best opportunity to get at them and exploit that.

I feel that the reason that they didn’t beat us easily was how we set up and how we then executed that set up. I realise that Sporting obviously aren’t up to speed with their season not having started yet, but they are obviously a great footballing side. I’m always disappointed to lose, but certainly not disheartened and I thought that we recovered well from Sunday, particularly the defence.

5 minutes ago, big al said:

I think a large part of that was due to our shape and defensive work in fairness. 

The big worry for Derek is always that we would go too gung-ho, and they’d end up just cutting us apart. I think they showed enough going forward that they were very capable of doing that had we been more aggressive.
Incidentally, I think there were spells where we pressed and harassed them pretty well, though that would obviously be difficult to keep up for 90 minutes. 

This is a bit off-kilter, but asking for a friend. Friend has a season ticket and bought a Google Chromecast to watch the matches from his tablet on to his TV. The casting is fine for everything apart from RedTV which doesn’t cast on to his TV. AFC can’t find a solution. Anyone on here have the same problem?