The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

its not exactly going to be a Tynecastle semi-final v StJohnstone, but I would bite your hand off to be one of the 300. Unfortunately Im not even a ST holder, let alone the fact that I live well south of Lawrencekirk. Much like I was so excited to see the game v hearts at Murrayfield a few weeks back, its exciting to watch your team in a new setting. 

Nae singing, nae standing, nae shouting - the draw will pull out 300 Main Stand dandies isnt it

48 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Each to their own pal. I genuinely can't think of much less appealing realistic options to watch a game of football though.

I’ve been to many Brechin and Montrose matches that have around 300 fans in the ground. It’s actually ok. You should try it.

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve been to many Brechin and Montrose matches that have around 300 fans in the ground. It’s actually ok. You should try it.

Were any of those in a 21,000 seater stadium with social distancing in place?

You know yourself there's a massive difference.

26 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Do you not also have to wear a face mask?

And no shouting and singing allowed?

I’m with you on this one, sounds shite.

Edited by big al

8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I would do almost anything to get in to a Dons game even if I was the only spectator there, whereas you’re not going back until there’s enough people around you to keep you cosy. Fair enough, we’ll agree to disagree.

46 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I would do almost anything to get in to a Dons game even if I was the only spectator there, whereas you’re not going back until there’s enough people around you to keep you cosy. Fair enough, we’ll agree to disagree.

Well that's not strictly true Joey. If they opened it up to everyone and only 300 turned up and it was cold I wouldn't be fussed.

37 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well that's not strictly true Joey. If they opened it up to everyone and only 300 turned up and it was cold I wouldn't be fussed.

Forget about our differences, the main thing that we both want is three points and a decent performance on Saturday regardless of who is or isn’t there. 

Interesting debate with some not wanting to go to 300 or 750 test events. It doesn't sound great not being able to do things we normally do but for me it will still be better than watching it on TV. 

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve stood behind the goal at the open end of Recreation Park in Alloa on a February afternoon, in incessant rain for over two hours, and had to remove my jeans to be able to drive home.

Memories that and the joys of the Scottish Cup game :)

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve stood behind the goal at the open end of Recreation Park in Alloa on a February afternoon, in incessant rain for over two hours, and had to remove my jeans to be able to drive home. So sitting in Pittodrie in a balmy 16 degrees in September is not going to bother me in the slightest.

Would still be one of the top 3 most exciting things to have ever happened in Alloa!  Badoom-tish!

Yours, I'm here all week, try the veal.

aDONis

Following the press conference today, seems like there's a more than fair chance that Saturday's trial games won't go ahead.  An announcement tomorrow

Giving the go-ahead on Tuesday, then suggesting less than 24 hours later that it won't go ahead sounds a bit amateurish to me.  

Edited by O_Kahn

6 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

Following the press conference today, seems like there's a more than fair chance that Saturday's trial games won't go ahead.  An announcement tomorrow

Giving the go-ahead on Tuesday, then suggesting less than 24 hours later that it won't go ahead sounds a bit amateurish to me.  

Whose press conference?