The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

With McCrorie coming in something had to give with our midfielders and Bryson seems like the most logical solution to go.

Still questions over how Ojo and Mcgeough fit in so wouldn't be entirely surprised to see one of them leave as well. GOing by the Rangers game, Ojo would be my leading candidate of the two.

Saying that, with our injury luck we probably shouldn't be clearing the decks of midfielders too quickly.

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

With McCrorie coming in something had to give with our midfielders and Bryson seems like the most logical solution to go.

Still questions over how Ojo and Mcgeough fit in so wouldn't be entirely surprised to see one of them leave as well. GOing by the Rangers game, Ojo would be my leading candidate of the two.

Saying that, with our injury luck we probably shouldn't be clearing the decks of midfielders too quickly.

Well we've went from 7 to 5 with Virtanen and now Bryson heading out the door.

I'd guess he'll go with the 5 until January but we could probably spare one more.

Can definitely see a place for mcgeouch, wouldn't want to let him go. Especially in games when mcinnes wants to play with 3 central midfielders.

Ojo leaves with best wishes. Ideally to hearts.

My worry with Ojo is that he is a bit of a nothing player - sort of a 6/10 at most things without really excelling at anything. It can be useful to carry a player like that in the squad, but I'm not sure where he fits in with McCrorie and Ferguson miles ahead of him in the pecking order and McGeouch being a very similar player but also with a higher ceiling. 

Got my application in for the ballot, don't expect to be one of the 300 but a boy can dream.

R.e. Bryson, he won't be a miss on the pitch and will be a big saving off it. Shame it never worked out with him as I was convinced he would be a huge player for us when he signed.

Can't imagine us shipping out another CM though, at least not until January.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Put my name in the ballot for Saturday.

Odds are against it but fingers crossed.

I put my name in as well, but the Government has put the kybosh on my application in the last hour or so by insisting that the season ticket holders have to live in Aberdeen or the Shire. Bollocks. Hopefully no such restrictions for the following Saturday.

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's going to be an Aberdeen v Millie game but with less atmosphere.

When is Pittodrie not freezing?!

I’ve stood behind the goal at the open end of Recreation Park in Alloa on a February afternoon, in incessant rain for over two hours, and had to remove my jeans to be able to drive home. So sitting in Pittodrie in a balmy 16 degrees in September is not going to bother me in the slightest.

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I am a bit OFTW but I find the idea of watching the Dons live in relative solitude quite appealing as a one off.

Each to their own pal. I genuinely can't think of much less appealing realistic options to watch a game of football though.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve stood behind the goal at the open end of Recreation Park in Alloa on a February afternoon, in incessant rain for over two hours, and had to remove my jeans to be able to drive home. So sitting in Pittodrie in a balmy 16 degrees in September is not going to bother me in the slightest.

They don't make them like you anymore Joey.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Each to their own pal. I genuinely can't think of much less appealing realistic options to watch a game of football though.

Miserable git

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

They don't make them like you anymore Joey.

Not a bad thing