The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

49 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Only seen McCrorie a few times but think hes better in the middle rather than centre back.
Don't know if it's a worry for sheep fans to have two young talents in the middle of the park but for me still not replaced Shinnie.

Ferguson, McCrorie and Campbell are all young cm's who I think could play together. 

Ferguson should take the Shinnie role.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Already a legend. I like the whole interview that is on RedTV. The weegie press guy that was putting the questions to him at the start of the interview about Rangers was obviously grating with him, and eventually he more or less told him to shut up. 

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Already a legend. I like the whole interview that is on RedTV. The weegie press guy that was putting the questions to him at the start of the interview about Rangers was obviously grating with him, and eventually he more or less told him to shut up. 

Aye. Going out of his way to try and have him say he wishes it worked out at rangers or whatever.

"It was an easy decision."

Did I say it was JUST because of the players? I have consistently said it was the final straw for the SG. But you keep on defending your club's indefensible position.

So the actions of players out with time spent at work is the club’s fault?
I though we’d cleared up that it was the players’ responsibility?
But, hey, you bang on if it makes you feel better (bitter?) about your 3rd TEIR club.

3 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Marley Watkins of Bristol City the latest name being rumoured. Vaguely remember him from his time at Inverness and thought he was more a winger/midfielder than an out and out striker.

His goal record would certainly suggest it too.

He mainly played wide right or left for us but after Billy Mckay left for Wigan Hughes moved him up front as we had few other options to play there. Did a decent enough turn for us up front without being overly prolific. A wee plug for our podcast but John Hughes and some of the players picking their Best XIs pick out Marley as either a starter or a sub. Hughes loved the guy and was a big fan of his.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

We were linked with him when he left ICT so that means we are definitely signing him.

It was rumoured that Aberdeen were in for him years ago. When he left us for Barnsley he fired a joking shot at Graeme Shinnie saying that signing for a rival in the same decision would be disrespectful which made his departure a bit easier to take for some ICT fans.

Whilst a decent player he's generally regarded as one of the thickest players in recent seasons at ICT so if he does sign for you expect him to have the entire city in lockdown again after not understanding any rules relating to COVID and starting another wave of infections.

Edited by RiG

Whilst a decent player he's generally regarded as one of the thickest players in recent seasons at ICT so if he does sign for you expect him to have the entire city in lockdown again after not understanding any rules relating to COVID and starting another wave of infections.

Fk it, I'm in. Might as well double down on the whole "Pariahs of Scottish fitba" thing. Good to have an identity.

I’ve looked around but can’t find anywhere that confirms that away goals don’t count double in the event of a draw in these one legged qualifiers. I know that I’m being a tad stupid here, but would like to see confirmation that in the event of any draw the matches go to extra time and if necessary penalties.

What happens here (and in general) with the 5 subs 3 changes rule in the event you use your 3 changes, have a sub (or 2) left and one if your players can’t continue due to injury?

Do you just go down to 10 men even if you still have unused subs (but not sub windows)?