The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Are they referring to Jim Forrest as the previous rangers player?
He came via Preston IIRC and not “from” rangers

I think forrests cousin alex Willoughby was the last player we signed directly from rangers.

Even then that was from the original club.

Guest Bob Mahelp
15 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Interesting thread on our lack of options/complete absence of a midfield against the ****. Wtf is Ojo doing in half of these 😂

Maybe McCrorie can be the one to offer himself a bit more as Bryson was hiding.

For no apparent reason, the 12 pass move amongst the back 4  suddenly reared its head 2 years ago and hasn't disappeared since. Ojo was brought in specifically to give Mckenna and co. an out ball, but it hasn't really worked out. He was fucking rank against Rangers, so no wonder nobody passed to him. 

It's our real achilles heel. We must be the worst team in the league in building from the back, and McInnes seems entirely unable to find a solution to it. 

Wild text message going round at the moment.

Allegedly:

All 8 players fined 4 weeks wages.

Bryson and Devlin have had contracts terminated. Will be announced today.

McCrorie signed as their replacement. McInnes and Aberdeen only spoke to the player and the **** yesterday. Hibs furious as they had agreed terms and fee with the ****. Just needed to be signed.

Cosgrove and McKenna have both handed in transfer requests due to the fines. Both to be sold to clubs in England asap.

Logan, Hedges and McGeouch to leave.

Don't think I believe half of that to be honest.

12 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

For no apparent reason, the 12 pass move amongst the back 4  suddenly reared its head 2 years ago and hasn't disappeared since. Ojo was brought in specifically to give Mckenna and co. an out ball, but it hasn't really worked out. He was fucking rank against Rangers, so no wonder nobody passed to him. 

It's our real achilles heel. We must be the worst team in the league in building from the back, and McInnes seems entirely unable to find a solution to it. 

Probably a cliche by this point but coinciding with the departure of Kenny McLean that year and J*** the previous summer. I know McLean would typically be a bit further forward than the snake but they were two players who always offered an outball and (definite cliche alert) we haven’t managed to replace that at all.

We must be so easy to defend against, block the midfield and the defence is left with no options so hoof it up to Cosgrove/Main/Anderson. 

3 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Probably a cliche by this point but coinciding with the departure of Kenny McLean that year and J*** the previous summer. I know McLean would typically be a bit further forward than the snake but they were two players who always offered an outball and (definite cliche alert) we haven’t managed to replace that at all.

We must be so easy to defend against, block the midfield and the defence is left with no options so hoof it up to Cosgrove/Main/Anderson. 

St. Johnstone fans get irate when you suggest they use this tactic. They take it as some sort of insult when it's intended as a compliment.

McCrorie, on the limited occasions I have watched him, has struck me as more of a destroyer than a ball-playing midfielder. We don't really have one of those at the moment - Ball was better at it than he was often given credit for, but Ojo, McGeouch and Campbell all seem like quite similar players. I suppose Ferguson can do it, but it's a bit of a waste to have a player of his ability playing that role. 

He can also fill in basically right across the defence too, which McInnes loves. 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

McCrorie, on the limited occasions I have watched him, has struck me as more of a destroyer than a ball-playing midfielder. We don't really have one of those at the moment - Ball was better at it than he was often given credit for, but Ojo, McGeouch and Campbell all seem like quite similar players. I suppose Ferguson can do it, but it's a bit of a waste to have a player of his ability playing that role. 

He can also fill in basically right across the defence too, which McInnes loves. 

A midfield three of McCrorie  behind Ferguson and one of Ojo, McGeouch and Campbell works for me.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Allegedly:

McCrorie signed as their replacement. McInnes and Aberdeen only spoke to the player and the **** yesterday. Hibs furious as they had agreed terms and fee with the ****. Just needed to be signed.

Cosgrove and McKenna have both handed in transfer requests due to the fines. Both to be sold to clubs in England asap.

Aye that seems a bit much. Kind of thing you would expect Bogbrush to post.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

A midfield three of McCrorie  behind Ferguson and one of Ojo, McGeouch and Campbell works for me.

I'd imagine that's probably what McInnes will be working towards. McCrorie, McGeouch and Ferguson has a decent look to it on paper, at least. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

I'd imagine that's probably what McInnes will be working towards. McCrorie, McGeouch and Ferguson has a decent look to it on paper, at least. 

McGeouch needs to show he can last a run of games. I thoguht OJo was decent when he returned from injury last season. Would happily play Campbell. I'm biased though.

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

This is the irony of the whole thing. 

On paper, we have midfielders that pretty much any team in Scotland outside Celtic and maybe Rangers would welcome. Ferguson, McGeouch, Ojo, Bryson, Campbell. Chuck in Hayes and McGinn on the wings and that's a cracking mixture of experience and great potential. 

We just can't get the balance right though. 

Allegedly:

I’m sure some of that is true (the McCrorie stuff) but Lewis was interviewed over the weekend and suggested that a line had been drawn/it was all about the football from now on.

He might have been being diplomatic right enough.