The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2020/21

I'm maybe in the minority here but I wasn't that impressed with Dave Cormark video statement, feel very uneasy with it although think a lot of the support will love it. I thought it was a very good statement that they released earlier and wished they left it at that. 

Agree 100% - the earlier one was good and made the point that needed making, and was quite sufficient.

A video about how we’re going to plug the holes in the striker department and cope with forthcoming mass suspensions will be welcome.

14 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Agree 100% - the earlier one was good and made the point that needed making, and was quite sufficient.

A video about how we’re going to plug the holes in the striker department and cope with forthcoming mass suspensions will be welcome.

How we’re going to plug the holes in the striker department and cope with the mass suspensions is Derek McInnes’ job, not Dave Cormack’s. We obviously can’t sign anyone else. 

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

I think it was Bill Leckie as I think Boyd hasn't suffered from Depression while Bill Leckie has admitted to suffering from that. Here is the Monday article from Bill Leckie: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5908937/aberdeen-covid-eight-sacked-apology-joke-leckie/

I'm maybe in the minority here but I wasn't that impressed with Dave Cormark video statement, feel very uneasy with it although think a lot of the support will love it. I thought it was a very good statement that they released earlier and wished they left it at that. 

I think that his support of the players, and his explanation of his support, is commendable and in no way makes me uneasy.

3 hours ago, betting competition said:

I think it was Bill Leckie as I think Boyd hasn't suffered from Depression while Bill Leckie has admitted to suffering from that. Here is the Monday article from Bill Leckie: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5908937/aberdeen-covid-eight-sacked-apology-joke-leckie/

That's a fucking honking article from Leckie. Especially to then go on to praise Motherwells social responsibility in light of Covid and ignore the work Aberdeen have done.

23 hours ago, AJF said:

My only exception to Dave Cormack’s statement is the suggestion that 18-20 thousand people regularly pile into Pittodrie 😜

He didn't say "Stand free" at the end like he usually does very poor.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I think that his support of the players, and his explanation of his support, is commendable and in no way makes me uneasy.

Good stuff. Supporting high profile footballers who have been totally socially irresponsible and contributed greatly to a whole city in lockdown. 

Given the S*n's horrendous and wholly insincere apology this week following their ghastly Death Express extravaganza, it is irony way up the Biblical Scale for this inept c**t to be calling out anyone else's apology although the AFC apologies were really only missing "we'll win the cup to make it up to you" crap from the standard club apology that pollutes the local press on a regular basis.

Get. This. To. f**k.

Not that we should be signing any players on loan from them anyway, but especially not when the player in question is no better than Dylan McGeough.

We’re also not exactly lacking in the CM department as it is...

7 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

Get. This. To. f**k.

Not that we should be signing any players on loan from them anyway, but especially not when the player in question is no better than Dylan McGeough.

Another CM would make no sense.

Putting 2 & 2 together to get 5, it could mean the end for McGeough and Bryson with a string of below par performances and the pub fiasco being the final straw.

I'm sure @Vancouver_Don will enlighten on this, along with the next update on our incoming international striker... 😉

21 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He didn't say "Stand free" at the end like he usually does very poor.

I glad to know that you watch them all.

Struggling to see how anyone can be uneasy with Dave offering some protection to players publicly on a human level.

The club has owned this from day 1 and will take the retribution coming our way, that doesn't mean he or the players should have to accept every angry wee ned on social media putting the boot in forever more.

9 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

Get. This. To. f**k.

Maybe looking at him for CB though.

He's a good player but he's played at right back for the last 12-18 months and we are well covered there.

We won't even speak about central midfield.

1 hour ago, Iminavest said:

it could mean the end for  Bryson

Bryson should have been ended years ago. Waste of a wage.

Exciting signing if true, given that he can hold down t hat CB position, a lot of the rangers  fans not too happy he's leaving, can't imagine hibs fans would be happy if we hijack another transfer, upsetting two sets of fans in one go, %100 worth it.

Might look like an odd position to be going for now but he'll be needed once the 8 are sorted out. 

McKenna - Selling this transfer window
Cosgrove - Selling this transfer window
McGeouch - for sale/loan this transfer window, possible mutual release
Bryson - available for free/released end of season
Anderson - available for free/released end of season
Devlin - available for free/released end of season
Kennedy - may survive
Hayes - will survive