The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

So they basically just announced that all the players will be brought up on charges of bringing the game into disrepute.

Why the f**k they couldn't have just announced that yesterday who knows.

Hearings on the 28th.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I feel that within Dave Cormack’s statement he should have made some comment about the health of the eight players, particularly the two who have tested positive.

No he shouldn't. It really doesn't get more confidential than that. 

I'm sure you want to know out of genuine concern rather than nosiness but it's really none of our business. 

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

So they basically just announced that all the players will be brought up on charges of bringing the game into disrepute.

Hearings on the 28th.

Have you a link, BBC seems to suggest that any action will be taken against the clubs?

5 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Hearings on the 28th.

Presumably sfa procedures etc. 

The jrg announcement also says spfl action being taken against the clubs. 

Hopefully a slap on the wrist for us and a massive points deduction for Celtic. 

For the players, on both counts ,it could be a two, four, or eight match suspension, rising to a maximum of suspension and/or expulsion from participating in the game.  I'm unsure if 'suspension' outlined in the maximum penalty could be an arbitrary amount greater than eight.

No idea about the penalties against the club for the breaches of the SPFL’s COVID-19 – Requirements and Testing Regulation. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/6898/scottish-fa-jpp-2020-21.pdf - Pages 60 & 82.

Edited by Golden Gordon

30 minutes ago, coprolite said:

No he shouldn't. It really doesn't get more confidential than that. 

I'm sure you want to know out of genuine concern rather than nosiness but it's really none of our business. 

I’m not expecting him to name the two, but we have been told that two of the eight have tested positive so it’s not asking to much to give a progress report without saying who they are.

8 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

For the players, on both counts ,it could be a two, four, or eight match suspension, rising to a maximum of suspension and/or expulsion from participating in the game.  I'm unsure if 'suspension' outlined in the maximum penalty could be an arbitrary amount greater than eight.

No idea about the penalties against the club for the breaches of the SPFL’s COVID-19 – Requirements and Testing Regulation. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/6898/scottish-fa-jpp-2020-21.pdf - Pages 60 & 82.

Neither club has broken any of the SPFL’s Covid rules so it’s just the players that are getting punished. I reckon if we’re without potentially eight players for eight matches we should take it to Arbitration.

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Neither club has broken any of the SPFL’s Covid rules so it’s just the players that are getting punished. I reckon if we’re without potentially eight players for eight matches we should take it to Arbitration.

@coprolite has suggested that the club has agreed with the SFA not to contest the sanctions on the COVID-19 thread...

Edited by Golden Gordon

Where are the SPFL's covid rules published that you can be so sure that neither club has broken them? The SPFL certainly think they've been broken given that they've gone to the effort to charge both clubs.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Where are the SPFL's covid rules published that you can be so sure that neither club has broken them? The SPFL certainly think they've been broken given that they've gone to the effort to charge both clubs.

It is obvious, unless someone is being deliberately obtuse, that neither club have broken any rules. The Aberdeen players broke the rules outwith the club confines and knowledge, and the same for Bolingoli.

Wouldn't surprise me if its a 3 match ban. With 2 of them suspended as a warning to them and everyone else. Meaning they will have to sit out the St Johnstone game that they would of missed originally, which would right that 'wrong' if they were to play. 

It seems to be important to informed media pundits, like Kris Boyd, that St Johnstone somehow are the ones that end up benefiting due to the threadbare squad options we are left with due to this.

50 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It is obvious, unless someone is being deliberately obtuse, that neither club have broken any rules. The Aberdeen players broke the rules outwith the club confines and knowledge, and the same for Bolingoli.

So given that the clubs themselves, in addition to the players, have been charged with breaking the rules are we to assume that the SPFL are being 'deliberately obtuse'?

1 hour ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

So given that the clubs themselves, in addition to the players, have been charged with breaking the rules are we to assume that the SPFL are being 'deliberately obtuse'?

Can you in any way conjure up how either club has broken the SPFL club regulations on testing, cleansing, etc, by in one case eight of their players going out on the town at 9.00 at night after their game ended at 2.30, and in the other case where Celtic’s game ends, the players are told to have two days off but not leave Glasgow, and one idiot without telling a soul, boards a plane to Spain for one night.

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Can you in any way conjure up how either club has broken the SPFL club regulations on testing, cleansing, etc, by in one case eight of their players going out on the town at 9.00 at night after their game ended at 2.30, and in the other case where Celtic’s game ends, the players are told to have two days off but not leave Glasgow, and one idiot without telling a soul, boards a plane to Spain for one night.

Intuitively it feels like they shouldn't be held at fault, I agree. However, the facts are that both clubs have been charged by the SPFL so clearly there is some sort of case for them to answer. Given that we have no idea what the regulations say it seems possible that there is some sort of generic catch all 'controlling your players' clause in there or something like that. I would say it would be harsh if there is but it seems perfectly plausible. 

I'm not personally saying I think the clubs should be held accountable but if they have been charged by the SPFL with breaking the rules then its blatantly obvious that there is at least the possibility that they have in fact broken the rules. So are the SPFL being 'deliberately obtuse'?

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It isn't obvious, in fact I'd say it's the complete opposite of obvious given that they have both been charged with breaking the rules.

We have no idea what the rules say. The rules may say that clubs are responsible for ensuring that their players comply with the restrictions. The rules may require clubs to ask the players to declare all trips outside of their home, and the clubs may have failed to do so. The rules may have required clubs to provide players with updated copies of the regulations and the clubs may have failed to do so.