8 players banned for 3 games

3 games then called off

city back in lockdown

4 million deficit apparently 

Pittodrie area flooded

what next? New deal for Mcinness?

At least spell his name correctly.

19 hours ago, starryfish said:

Wonder if we could play a friendly before next Thursday? 

Would depend on whether your game v Celtic is postponed because of you, or them.

If its them, then I dont see why not. Issue would be finding someone to play.

We might technically be able to in terms of the rules but I suspect we'll play it on the safe side with the SG and only play our scheduled league games, unless they give us permission.

Might be worth doing another intra-squad friendly with what we have, but not sure how valuable they are.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would depend on whether your game v Celtic is postponed because of you, or them.

If its them, then I dont see why not. Issue would be finding someone to play.

Given all that’s gone on, I would be amazed if,

a) we would have the nerve to ask someone to play a friendly, and

b) anyone would want to help us in our quest to get out of the play off place.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

We might technically be able to in terms of the rules but I suspect we'll play it on the safe side with the SG and only play our scheduled league games, unless they give us permission.

Might be worth doing another intra-squad friendly with what we have, but not sure how valuable they are.

McInnes, Doc, Robson and Sheerin would need to be on stand by to play.

So what's the punishment for the players announced today everyone's expecting?

Not going to affect Celtic much if they're already punting Bolingoli out on loan but if we get all 8 players suspended for some games then we're obviously back in the position we were in before the St. Johnstone game was postponed.

51 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Not going to affect Celtic much if they're already punting Bolingoli out on loan but if we get all 8 players suspended for some games then we're obviously back in the position we were in before the St. Johnstone game was postponed.

I would have no problem if all of the players, the six fit players anyway, were given a 3 match suspension.

57 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Wouldn't surprise me if its a 3 match ban. With 2 of them suspended as a warning to them and everyone else. Meaning they will have to sit out the St Johnstone game that they would of missed originally, which would right that 'wrong' if they were to play. 

7 minutes ago, Dandiest Don said:

Wouldn't surprise me if its a 3 match ban. With 2 of them suspended as a warning to them and everyone else. Meaning they will have to sit out the St Johnstone game that they would of missed originally, which would right that 'wrong' if they were to play. 

I think if there's a ban it'll likely be at least two games. Think the players would have all been guaranteed to miss at least that originally so would make sense if it was the case.

Not that the SFA necessarily uses logic in its decision making of course.

Edited by Rodhull

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Our internal investigation is now complete & has confirmed a breach of AFC COVID-19 protocols and government guidance. As a result, players have been severely reprimanded and fined heavily. The Club has chosen to donate these fines to NHS Grampian. ➡️ https://t.co/XeiLip63i2 https://t.co/YR2sEU2Ml7

How do you fine Johnny Hayes ?

His wages are just deferred so imagine it just comes out of his future pay.

15 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

In a years time ? I'm sure it will...... 

I was on strike from my work in January and I'm still getting salary deductions for it now because of the agreed payment schedule. This is not an issue for any company with functioning HR.