The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2020/21

1 hour ago, Golden Gordon said:

Kennedy.  Doesn't appear to have a great deal of confidence, doesn't release the ball quickly enough & runs into dead ends. 

You know, the kind folk of Perth could have told you this if you'd only asked. I used to think that he overplayed because he didn't have confidence in,  or wasn't getting options from, his team-mates. Nope - he just likes running at every player on the park.

He makes up for it with the odd highlight reel goal mind. 

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Thought I heard him after the game saying the goal came about because Kennedy didn’t close down properly or show the player outside or something along those lines.

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

You know, the kind folk of Perth could have told you this if you'd only asked. I used to think that he overplayed because he didn't have confidence in,  or wasn't getting options from, his team-mates. Nope - he just likes running at every player on the park.

He makes up for it with the odd highlight reel goal mind. 

Cheers Bolognese, think I was lured into high expectations of him as a result of Sportscene clips.  So we've bought the professional equivalent of the kid who can dribble, but is also ball greedy, so will often be found trapped in the corner of the playground, still in possession of the ball, but surrounded by a groups kids kicking lumps from his shins? 

1 hour ago, big al said:

Thought I heard him after the game saying the goal came about because Kennedy didn’t close down properly or show the player outside or something along those lines.

Two versions of this.  Daily Record names Kennedy, club site does not.

2 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Cheers Bolognese, think I was lured into high expectations of him as a result of Sportscene clips.  So we've bought the professional equivalent of the kid who can dribble, but is also ball greedy, so will often be found trapped in the corner of the playground, still in possession of the ball, but surrounded by a groups kids kicking lumps from his shins? 

You'll forget about it when he curls one in to the bottom corner from just outside the box. 

Not on Saturday obviously, he'll just be staying as far away from Ali McCann as he can.

Does anyone know if Niall McGinn has any underlying health issues?

IMG-20200806-WA0027.jpg

Aberdeen,

3 hours ago, betting competition said:

stand free.jpg

I think it should be mandatory for any coronavirus-era Aberdeen song to rhyme 'Aberdeen' with 'quarantine'. Otherwise, you're just no trying hard enough.

What’s the odds we have to end up forfeiting Europe the one season where there is a slightly easier path to the Groups? 

29 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

What’s the odds we have to end up forfeiting Europe the one season where there is a slightly easier path to the Groups? 

Should be okay by then - but was actually looking forward to entering Europe with a few league matches under our belt for a change, and looks like the next two or three could be postponed.

Saturday reminded me of Fola Esch away in terms of the energy levels and fitness of the players.

Let's hope Monday's QR1 draw is very kind to us.

Don't think it's right to name the player but five minutes on Twitter will let you know who it allegedly is. Idiot and unlikely to regain Derek's trust.

This was apparently a birthday night out for Shinnie who was back up the road. Idiots.

26 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Don't think it's right to name the player but five minutes on Twitter will let you know who it allegedly is. Idiot and unlikely to regain Derek's trust.

This was apparently a birthday night out for Shinnie who was back up the road. Idiots.

Care to share for those of us who avoid Twitter like the plague?

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

Care to share for those of us who avoid Twitter like the plague?

From what ive seen both Cosgrove and Anderson are being named, but the whole place is wild just now.