The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2020/21

Maybe I’m missing something, but shirley at 1-0 down instead of replacing Anderson with Edmondson why not see how the pair of them might have played together?

30 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Maybe I’m missing something, but shirley at 1-0 down instead of replacing Anderson with Edmondson why not see how the pair of them might have played together?

Because there's no intention to try the two of them up top ever.

If it happens it'll be because we're chasing an equaliser at home to Hamilton.

6 hours ago, big al said:

Where do you start with that?

Almost like statues when in possession, no pass and move at all. Supposedly strong in midfield with loads of options, the midfield was completely out played and manoeuvred by the ****.
Anderson on his own up front is an embarrassing tactic ( that every c**t guessed beforehand except Mcinness who went with it anyway). In many other types of employment the management wouldnt get away with such oversight and incompetence.
Horrible performance. He’s had 5 months to think about it and tweak the team to fit the ‘new club ethos’ of attractive footballer etc. He hasn’t changed in the slightest. Time for a change for me. First time I have ever felt like this but Mcinness isn’t the man for success.

In his pre season chat with McLean during the week he mentioned playing faster, more creative football. I was suckered in ignoring the fact he said the same last pre season.

When he joined we had been shite and he had us playing some great for six months as a counter attacking team. We even got away with it in Europe for a couple of seasons. As teams realised we were decent they sat further back. It's been progressively worse since.

6 hours ago, red23 said:

afc chat dead? hope so

That site died years ago when the lunatics took over the asylum Basketball Howling GIF by Worcester Wolves

11 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Let’s see what happens against Saints before we lose our shit.

Tbf you shouldn't read much into that either, unless you get pumped.

Had a couple of bounce games where we just chucked every player on the park every so often, so these early games are virtually pre-season for us.

Combine the new manager trying to implement a new formation 3-4-3, and we're going to struggle early on I fear, until everyone gets up to speed and either learns that set up or it gets changed.

Now is the time to play us. You'll just have to hope McInnes doesn't overthink it.

From the highlights Considine red card, was no worse than the o halloran one he got a booking for. 

Under mcinnes it's going to be a long hard season 

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf you shouldn't read much into that either, unless you get pumped.

Had a couple of bounce games where we just chucked every player on the park every so often, so these early games are virtually pre-season for us.

Combine the new manager trying to implement a new formation 3-4-3, and we're going to struggle early on I fear, until everyone gets up to speed and either learns that set up or it gets changed.

Now is the time to play us. You'll just have to hope McInnes doesn't overthink it.

I haven't seen the highlights of the Saints game yesterday, but it would be hard to imagine that you were as far off the pace and under-cooked (insert more metaphors) as we were. 

At least you showed some fight to come back with 10 men.

Next week could well be another 0-0 thriller I fear. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I haven't seen the highlights of the Saints game yesterday, but it would be hard to imagine that you were as far off the pace and under-cooked (insert more metaphors) as we were. 

At least you showed some fight to come back with 10 men.

Next week could well be another 0-0 thriller I fear. 

First half was a complete mess. Players must've run miles yet barely touched the ball. Simple passes getting blootered to nobody. 

Going down to 10 helped as folk could just sit in and hold their space, so it all became more structured.

If we play the first half against you lot then you'll eat us alive. We only played 2 CMs and the midfield runners from United were getting acres of space 20 yards out, Bryson is the type of player you'd expect to thrive in that.

I'm not sure we'll play the same way, or that McInnes won't show us far too much respect and match up instead of exploiting it, but its a worry for me we remain wide open until the manager changes it.

Y'know boys, a good leader needs many skills, such as boldness, daring and a velour uniform. And I'm not convinced McInnes has any of those things.

23 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Y'know boys, a good leader needs many skills, such as boldness, daring and a velour uniform. And I'm not convinced McInnes has any of those things.

#derekout #branniganin

Anyone else here spot the obvious difference between playing competitive preseason games versus just p***king about?

This was in the club’s control to do something about, yet they looked really undercooked - with heavy touches and poor passes all over the place - and just generally looking at least a yard less sharp.

Very unprofessional of the club to go in with such an obvious disadvantage of having played half the warm up matches as our opponents.

Whilst they were playing Lyon and Nice - we were being told that an eleven v eleven with a ref at Cormack Park was recreating a match day environment.

14 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

This was in the club’s control to do something about, yet they looked really undercooked - with heavy touches and poor passes all over the place - and just generally looking at least a yard less sharp.

Very unprofessional of the club to go in with such an obvious disadvantage of having played half the warm up matches as our opponents.

Whilst they were playing Lyon and Nice - we were being told that an eleven v eleven with a ref at Cormack Park was recreating a match day environment.

To be honest we can say they were in better condition than us etc but there was no excuse for passing to a white shirt under no pressure or shanking long passes out of play.

On 01/08/2020 at 15:14, naegoodinthedark said:

Totally agree, but it’s the first game for months so I’m prepared to cut them a *bit* of slack.

Yes, I'm trying not to lose too much faith after the first game.  I worry about the mentality of team, we gave them far too much respect from the off.  I know Bryson has been injured for a long period, but if he was brought in to replace Shinnie's aggression & dynamism, he certainly didn't show any of those qualities.  We really miss a vocal presence in the midfield who can drive the team up the park. 

As much as I love Considine, he is not comfortable on the ball, rushes to make a pass & can be turned far too easily.  Hernandez seems to have potential & carries an attacking threat in the way that Considine does not. 

Wasn't really sure what was going on with the doubling up between Hayes & Kennedy, but it seems that Kennedy's decision-making isn't great & seems to run himself into trouble.  Barely saw Anderson, but seemed to be too easily dominated.

Hopefully we improve as the season goes on, but not too promising.

To be honest we can say they were in better condition than us etc but there was no excuse for passing to a white shirt under no pressure or shanking long passes out of play.

Just indicators of lack of match sharpness.

.....and HT at Parkheid, it could still end up 6-1, but in terms of attitude and ambition against the bigot brothers, Accies are putting us to shame here.

18 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I wondered at that, too many like for like substitutions too.