The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Let's just agree Mckenna is never injured when he's not injured. Seems a fair compromise.

I can go with that if you can accept that, McKenna is always injured when he's injured and we can all move on 😉

8 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

I can go with that if you can accept that, McKenna is always injured when he's injured and we can all move on 😉

I'm fine with that, as long as McKenna is always McKenna, unless he's injured, then he's Hoban.  I think that's it put to bed now.

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

One of my pet hates is when a player gets injured and the club signs a replacement, it always makes me wonder is the club doing enough to get players in when they can always find some more dosh to spend.

That post says a lot about your intelligence anyway.

On 27/07/2020 at 09:31, Sheep62 said:

A **fit** Tommie Hoban would be amongst the best central defenders in Scotland and an asset to any team.

Unfortunately the word fit is the problem and the if he was he wouldn't be anywhere near Scottish football.

A "pay for play" deal until January is in both parties interests with an option to review matters in the weeks to come.

I wish him nothing but good wishes. He really has had a horrific time with injuries

Await @Widge coming along to argue against the merits of a a deal until the end of January and also @wastecoatwilly with his detailed knowledge of how we've structured this deal given his in depth understanding of everything AFC do

Welcome home Tommie 

40 minutes ago, Avril said:

Great signing if he can keep himself fit. One of the best defenders in the league, comfortably. 

Great signing. 

This. He's had a horrid time with injuries so I hope for him he can finally have some luck and rebuild his career. Potentially one of the best defenders in the league and by some way.

I can't wait to see this Hoban everyone is excited about. Last time i was too busy, drunk or not paying attention.

I remember him looking good in defensive midfield but tbh I didn't really remember his performances in defence which is not unbelievable given he only played 9 games in total.

Logan will play because, unlike Hernandez, he’ll understand you can tackle an arsecheek player fairly as often as you like but the ref will still give 99% of them as fouls.

Would probably destroy the young lad’s confidence [emoji19]

Hoban looked like a footballer last time he was here. Hope he stays fit. 

Leeds boy could be handy. (could be shite) 

Hoping hernandez and Anderson both start. Nothing against Shay but we need to be looking forward and tomorrow's opponents are nothing special. 

Heid first 

9 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Logan will play because, unlike Hernandez, he’ll understand you can tackle an arsecheek player fairly as often as you like but the ref will still give 99% of them as fouls.

Would probably destroy the young lad’s confidence emoji19.png

Isn’t Logan injured?

he's played 0 mins in pre season so i think if cosgrove or main were fit he would 100% be going with hernandez.

it's just a half thought to throw Logan on for 55 mins for set pieces and experience. A bit of a laugh really as Logan conceeded goals from his man about 5 times last season

if shay logan is a leader in that dressing room, he should be taking wee hernandez under his wing and teaching him everything he knows about cupping his ears and yelling in the faces of away fans and puffing his chest out

god I love shay logan

DANDIES

hEID FIRST!!