The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2020/21

15 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Not a ball kicked in anger for almost five months and both our main strikers injured - this is very AFC.

I remember McInnes singing the praises of the medical staff during a relatively injury free season a few years back - presumably this is all just down to bad luck?

It's because a main tactic with our signings under McInnes has been to get players who would otherwise have been beyond our reach but who have suffered with injuries and so come back down into our bracket financially and in terms of ambition. Fine to get some of those guys in but when it seems to be the main strategy the manager then bemoaning "luck" when most of them suffer recurrences of their injures is moronic. 

Unlucky with Bryson as he had no history of wasting full seasons in the past.

Same goes for Cosgrove and Main.

23 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Not a ball kicked in anger for almost five months and both our main strikers injured - this is very AFC.

I remember McInnes singing the praises of the medical staff during a relatively injury free season a few years back - presumably this is all just down to bad luck?

All gone downhill since David Wylie & John Sharp left 

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Anyway else booted up their test stream? Working flawlessly for me.

Fingers crossed it's the same on Saturday.

Yep, no problems for me either.

9 minutes ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Aberdeen are hoping to have Edmondson on loan before Saturday. We are also chasing a centre back on loan.

Not signing Hoban then?

the messiah is some 19 yr old. thats not exciting at all.

7 minutes ago, d31 said:

the messiah is some 19 yr old. thats not exciting at all.

Yeah, does that give us anything better than Bruce Anderson (and Ruth)?

just another body in the door really

30 minutes ago, big al said:

Not signing Hoban then?

With Devlin out for 3-4 months and with Aberdeen expecting bids for McKenna Aberdeen are looking to sign Hoban AND a defender on short term loan.

this leeds guy has scored plenty in the reserves and has got a bit of size about him

Was the  type signing i expected ,    if the lads got  right attitude  he can go back in January  knocking on door premiership team. ,big incentive for him.    Few there fans seem think he deserved a chance  with Leeds this season    This might be Maddison,Hector ,Ward etc success  or   could be Wes Burns .  that  is  the gamble we have to take.  . Anderson is getting his chance and that is what we all wanted to see. .  Looking forward see how we play without Cosgrove ,  as   we do seem be lot more pleasing on the eye when he is not playing.   .  

19 and played very little first team football.

Lad could obviously be brilliant but would expect Bruce to be given his chance in front of this guy even if he does come in.

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Bet you were loving the European Song on repeat Joey.

I’m going on again tonight.            #We’re the Dons from Aberdeen, and we’re the finest that’s ever been, and we’re gonna do it for you...........#

Was the  type signing i expected ,    if the lads got  right attitude  he can go back in January  knocking on door premiership team. ,big incentive for him.    Few there fans seem think he deserved a chance  with Leeds this season    This might be Maddison,Hector ,Ward etc success  or   could be Wes Burns .  that  is  the gamble we have to take.  . Anderson is getting his chance and that is what we all wanted to see. .  Looking forward see how we play without Cosgrove ,  as   we do seem be lot more pleasing on the eye when he is not playing.   .  

Anderson getting his chance is fine, but playing him up in the Cosgrove role on his own won’t work. Different kind of striker completely, and in some games we’ll need a bit of hold up play up front.

Lot of pressure getting put on the lad.

I think for 50 mins against Rangers he can play the Cosgrove role but yes we shouldn't be asking him to do that in the following two games.

Anderson will get dominated physically by Goldson and Helander if we try and play long balls to him like we would Sam. 

We need to change that. Getting the ball wide to Hayes/ Kennedy/ McGinn (whoever plays) and asking them to carry it up field will likely be our best avenue to get forward.