The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

Lewis

Taylor McKenna Considine

hernandez Ojo Ferguson Mcgeouch hayes

Anderson Mcginn

All fine as part of a two, but not as a back three. Could maybe get away with Considine on the left of a three, but it would put too much pressure on Taylor to distribute the ball, which is by far the weakest aspect of his game (likewise with Devlin). 

32 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

When Eoin Jess Footballer is talking about Rangers, it’s all good stuff for a change.

Absolutely right Joey, sticking it to Mark Hateley, Iain Ferguson, Paul 'What did you think of Gazza?' Gascoigne & some of their followers.  Also enjoyed the story about Ron Atkinson coming up to Chick Young & doing an Only an Excuse impression of him.  What I wouldn't give for Jess to be playing off Gillhaus on Saturday.  

1 hour ago, Fillin said:

Saturday:

Lewis

Hernandez Taylor McKenna Considine

Ojo Bryson Ferguson

McGinn Anderson Hayes

(assuming Logan, Cosgrove and Main are out)

As the season goes on Hayes will play more at left back with Considine probably replacing McKenna as he leaves. Kennedy coming in to the attack. I think McInnes would start with Logan if he could this week as he puts a lot of faith in trust but Hernandez will surely become the regular right back at some point in the opening stages of the season. 

This is roughly what I thought was most likely, except in more of a 4-2-3-1 with Ojo and Ferguson at the base.

Going by DM's interview on RedTV yesterday, though, I have a feeling he might leave Bryson on the bench for now and probably start McGeouch (or possibly Campbell) instead on Saturday. It was also mentioned in Lewis's interview post-Hibs that Hayes was at left-back for that game, so it will be interesting to see if he remains there on Saturday - of course, that would likely mean one of Taylor or Considine being on the bench, which seems unlikely. I think Kennedy will probably start, too. 

If it is going to be Anderson upfront, I think that means Ferguson would likely have to be in the number 10 position as our midfielder with the most aerial presence, so we have some sort of target to try and hit in the absence of Cosgrove and Main. 

It's pretty hard to judge Saturday's line-up, given the lack of information around friendlies, as previous posters have mentioned.  However, assuming that Cosgrove (I'm pretty sure I haven't imagined this) & Main are injured & Logan will be back-up RB, I would go with this:

Lewis

Henandez/McKenna/Considine/Hayes

Ojo/Bryson

McGinn/Ferguson/Kennedy

Anderson

6 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Anyone else heard the rumour Cosgrove is out for 2 months ?

No but my pal read on Twitter that Cosgrove was spotted outside the club ship on crutches.

Didn't give it much thought as they'd be doing the physio work at Cormack Park.

1 hour ago, Fillin said:

Saturday:

Lewis

Hernandez Taylor McKenna Considine

Ojo Bryson Ferguson

McGinn Anderson Hayes

(assuming Logan, Cosgrove and Main are out)

As the season goes on Hayes will play more at left back with Considine probably replacing McKenna as he leaves. Kennedy coming in to the attack. I think McInnes would start with Logan if he could this week as he puts a lot of faith in trust but Hernandez will surely become the regular right back at some point in the opening stages of the season. 

Would agree with this line up

If Cosgrove is injured we need Hayes further forward as a goal threat 

56 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

This is roughly what I thought was most likely, except in more of a 4-2-3-1 with Ojo and Ferguson at the base.

Going by DM's interview on RedTV yesterday, though, I have a feeling he might leave Bryson on the bench for now and probably start McGeouch (or possibly Campbell) instead on Saturday. It was also mentioned in Lewis's interview post-Hibs that Hayes was at left-back for that game, so it will be interesting to see if he remains there on Saturday - of course, that would likely mean one of Taylor or Considine being on the bench, which seems unlikely. I think Kennedy will probably start, too. 

If it is going to be Anderson upfront, I think that means Ferguson would likely have to be in the number 10 position as our midfielder with the most aerial presence, so we have some sort of target to try and hit in the absence of Cosgrove and Main. 

Probably for the best:

Has there been any update on Main after his knee surgery? Despite Anderson's goals in pre-season, I'd still fancy Main to start on Saturday in Cosgrove's absence if he is fit enough, but I haven't really seen or heard anything about his progress. 

30 minutes ago, AJF said:

The Sun now reporting that Cosgrove faces up to 4 months out with a knee injury.

Blessing in disguise, IMO.

A striker who can actually move centre halves about might allow your more creative players some space.

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Another great interview with Eoin Jess Footballer on the Sportsound podcast today, which isn’t even spoiled by the presence of Chick Young. He is an absolute legend for ensuring that Aberdeen got a fee from Coventry, rather him furthering his career with Sampdoria, who only wanted him on a Bosman. Also a few great stories putting the boot into Rangers. Fabulous stuff.

It just shows if it wasn't for Jess Aberdeen wouldn't have got that transfer fee,strange coincidence we were posting about that last week.  

4 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

What I wouldn't give for Jess to be playing off Gillhaus on Saturday.  

Even at 50 he will still be in front of Curtis Main😄 

16 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Has there been any update on Main after his knee surgery? Despite Anderson's goals in pre-season, I'd still fancy Main to start on Saturday in Cosgrove's absence if he is fit enough, but I haven't really seen or heard anything about his progress. 

The youngsters that have stepped up during McInnes' time normally get a real run of games when the shits either hit the fan or we've had a mad spell of injuries.

Could be Bruce's time to shine.

Main definitely looks to be back in training.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Blessing in disguise, IMO.

A striker who can actually move centre halves about might allow your more creative players some space.

Not really.

Need to sell a player. He was the best option as he isn’t very good anyway but would still command a fee required to balance the books.