The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

19 hours ago, tree house tam said:

My contact on the board tells me Cosgrove will leave this window, McKenna wants to leave this window, Hoban wants in in this window and Mcinnes will continue with the tried and tested square pegs in round holes strategy for the forthcoming season.

My contact on the board tells me Cosgrove has anterior cruciate ligament injury and we will be signing the legend Callum Hendry 

Edited by betting competition

My contact in the boardroom tells me we’re signing Zlatan. He’s on a pay per goal plan with a bonus for winning trophies, otherwise he’s playing for the pleasure of joining a team that beat Real in a European final!

No price yet from the club for the PPV games and sounds like it might not be confirmed for a little while.

We welcome today’s confirmation from the SPFL, and the agreement from Sky, that home clubs will be able to show matches to supporters within the UK & Ireland on a pay-per-view basis whilst restrictions on attending matches are in place.

Our first home fixture against Rangers will be unavailable for PPV on the basis that it has been selected for live coverage by Sky. Likewise our away match at St Johnstone will not be available. Consequently, the first match we will have the option to stream on a PPV basis will be our home match with Hamilton Accies on Wednesday 12th August.

Having already undertaken our own research with supporters we plan to review how the PPV streaming rolls out during the opening weekend of the season before making an announcement with further details on availability and pricing in plenty of time ahead of our match with Hamilton Accies.

After reaching the latest milestone of 8,000 sales, the priority remains to drive as many season ticket sales as possible ahead of Wednesday night’s deadline. Supporters who sign-up before the deadline on Wednesday will guarantee virtual season ticket access for the home opener and will also have the opportunity to spread the cost of their season ticket over 6 months at 0% interest.

Season ticket holders who have already signed-up can look forward to receiving their log-in details by Thursday at the latest ahead of Saturday’s lunchtime kick-off with Rangers.

Edited by Rodhull

On 26/07/2020 at 14:56, Fillin said:

Problem is even on a low wage with a decent appearance fee it could mean we don't recruit another defender and if (when) he gets injured when the transfer window is closed we're left short. If he's in the squad it has to be as a "bonus" player. If McKenna leaves we would still need a more reliable centre back brought in as Devlin is another we can't rely on to be fit. 

Agree with this, if *no one leaves* and we have the same set of defenders come the closure of the transfer window then I’ve absolutely no problem with him signing. If he is signing to replace somebody (e.g. McKenna) then we would really need someone else as well. I’d also be pretty unhappy if he was a McKenna ‘replacement’ tbh given how many games McKenna plays.

The poor guy needs some luck but I’m not convinced he’ll ever get it tbh. 

13 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

Agree with this, if *no one leaves* and we have the same set of defenders come the closure of the transfer window then I’ve absolutely no problem with him signing. If he is signing to replace somebody (e.g. McKenna) then we would really need someone else as well. I’d also be pretty unhappy if he was a McKenna ‘replacement’ tbh given how many games McKenna plays.

The poor guy needs some luck but I’m not convinced he’ll ever get it tbh. 

I'm afraid to say that I very much share your thoughts contained in your last sentence😞

There's an interview with Derek and Rob McLean up on RedTv. 

Too keen to blame injuries for the underwhelming season last year. Said we didn't have enough creativity against the sides who were happy to sit back at Pittodrie. Something we were all screaming about from the beginning of last season so hopefully that's the penny dropped.

He's talking a great deal about the amount of game time given to Under 23's last season. I could be wrong but aside from Campbell getting games here and there the players of that age getting game time were the ones who were in the team the season before?

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

There's an interview with Derek and Rob McLean up on RedTv. 

Too keen to blame injuries for the underwhelming season last year. Said we didn't have enough creativity against the sides who were happy to sit back at Pittodrie. Something we were all screaming about from the beginning of last season so hopefully that's the penny dropped.

He's talking a great deal about the amount of game time given to Under 23's last season. I could be wrong but aside from Campbell getting games here and there the players of that age getting game time were the ones who were in the team the season before?

Think you're right, sure he namechecked Ferguson too, who, along with McLennan, started playing regularly in the first team during the previous season. Also found it a bit odd that Hernandez wasn't mentioned alongside Bryson & McGeough in the 'like new signings' segment.

Really unsure as to how we're gonna line up for this season... usually by this time we would have had multiple friendlies and European fixtures which would have given us an idea but now I'm almost completely in the dark.
Will Bryson play in the furthest forward role in a midfield three? Hayes as a LB? Hedges ever gonna get in ahead of Kennedy and Mcginn?
We have 5 seemingly suitable CM's but at the end of last season we were only playing a formation that would fit 2.
I reckon it could be a 4-3-3 of:

Lewis
Hernandez
Taylor
McKenna
Hayes
Ojo
Ferguson
Bryson
Kennedy
Anderson
Mcginn

Again though that misses out Wright, Hedges, McLennan, McGeouch, Considine, Ross and Campbell. Not to mention the assumption Devlin, Logan, Cosgrove and Main are currently injured or unfit.

Another great interview with Eoin Jess Footballer on the Sportsound podcast today, which isn’t even spoiled by the presence of Chick Young. He is an absolute legend for ensuring that Aberdeen got a fee from Coventry, rather him furthering his career with Sampdoria, who only wanted him on a Bosman. Also a few great stories putting the boot into Rangers. Fabulous stuff.

Just now, kingjoey said:

Another great interview with Eoin Jess Footballer on the Sportsound podcast today, which isn’t even spoiled by the presence of Chick Young. He is an absolute legend for ensuring that Aberdeen got a fee from Coventry, rather him furthering his career with Sampdoria, who only wanted him on a Bosman. Also a few great stories putting the boot into Rangers. Fabulous stuff.

Just started listening. Not even a minute in and the chat turns to Rangers* FFS!

Saturday:

Lewis

Hernandez Taylor McKenna Considine

Ojo Bryson Ferguson

McGinn Anderson Hayes

(assuming Logan, Cosgrove and Main are out)

As the season goes on Hayes will play more at left back with Considine probably replacing McKenna as he leaves. Kennedy coming in to the attack. I think McInnes would start with Logan if he could this week as he puts a lot of faith in trust but Hernandez will surely become the regular right back at some point in the opening stages of the season. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Did Chick exclusively reveal that Eoin will be signing for Rangers this weekend?

2 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

Think you're right, sure he namechecked Ferguson too, who, along with McLennan, started playing regularly in the first team during the previous season. Also found it a bit odd that Hernandez wasn't mentioned alongside Bryson & McGeough in the 'like new signings' segment.

Yeah although he has mentioned him a few times recently.

Logan has unveiled his own plumbing and heating company today so I expect this'll be the first season where we see him as more of a back up option.