The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Leven being looked at down south. Would be a little surprising. He's steadied the ship a bit but not like it's been an amazing turnaround under him or anything.

Clearly the press just linking him with random jobs off the back of a few decent results.  I hope he’s kept on at the club in a decent position as he deserves it 

What's everyone's take on the squad priorities for the rebuild? 

Assuming yimmy's preferred 433

GK- roos away. No 1 needed. 

Doohan - good enough back up? Doubt it but lowish priority? 

Richie- project, under contract until next year. Will he make it or is it too early to tell for a keeper? 

Need 1x starter, maybe ok for back up. 

RB- Richardson back-yay! 

Milne- looked good in semi but was patchy before. Worth persevering i think. 

Devlin- great attitude and commitment. Ok going forward but a terrible defender. Should be back up. 

Need 1x starter. Fine for back up. 

CB- assuming back four and Gartenmen away. 

Rubezic- has improved hugely in the imagination with each week out. Probably a reasonable starter alongside an experienced foreman. 

Jensen - just a bit lacking in most departments. Capable of good games. Will probably have to do as back up. 

McDonald- Meat and potatoes defender with suspect decision making; occasional bombscare. Good back up. 

Need 1x starter minimum

LB

McKenzie - improved since Barry left. Largely coped with all non OF wingers and we don't have europe next season so probably low priority to replace. Can do job as starter. 

McGarry - shown little but looks shite. 

Hayes- looks like coaching now. 

Ngwena-? 

Need 1x cover/project. 

Midfield 

Assuming we go with a three and Baron is away. 

Shinnie - still a starter for me. Might start to need managed a bit more-succession plan required. 

Polvara - still a project? Needs to step up. Can look really good and like a wee boy in the same ten minutes. Definitely worth squad berth. 

McGrath - Starter for me. No question. 

Clarkson - on own merits, a starter. If McGrath is starting in a three, we'd be a bit light with both in there. Alternating starts and supersub appearances. 

Duncan- looked better when he was a winger. Looks a bit lost in the middle. 

Marshall -? 

Need 1x aggressive type plus possibly all rounder cover/project. 

Wingers

Vincente- honestly f**k knows. Looks talented. Hasn't taken chances. Must piss coaches off. 

Morris - he can run fast but has no end product. If we're leading in a game he'd be useful to take the ball into the corner, so long as he doesn't have to cross it. 

Duk? -  would he be left of a three? I'll say yes. If he lays off the natas and super bock over the summer. 

Sokkler- could be right of a three. Has pace but not seen much on the ball. Probably needed in the middle. 

Need 1x starter + 1x project back up. 

Striker

Bojan - just about the required standard. Stick. 

Sokler - looks like he has something. Not a Miovski but looks more than SPL level decent. Worth starting assuming that Miovski will actually be funding the rebuild. 

Guye- looked like he was on glue when he got a chance but there must be something about him. Enigma. 

Duk- is he a striker? Possibly. 

Bavidge -? 

Need 1x project (could be Bavidge) 

I make that:

2 x keepers, 1 to start

1 x starting RB

1 x starting CB

1x squad LB

1x midfield General 

2x wingers, 1 to start

1x project striker

That’s minimum really.