The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I still can't trust Considine ever. For every really good game there have been a few total bombscares. He's a less ugly Zander Diamond imo - only ever looks decent when Russell Anderson is standing 10 feet away literally talking him through a game.

I still can't trust Considine ever. For every really good game there have been a few total bombscares. He's a less ugly Zander Diamond imo - only ever looks decent when Russell Anderson is standing 10 feet away literally talking him through a game.

To be fair he was Aberdeen's player of the year in 2011/12. Anderson only signed in January that season and played maybe 6 games.

Think he would have progressed had he not been played out of position ever since.

For me Considine was an excellent CB a few years ago but like Leyenda says he has been played at LB for so long that it would take him a while to get back to that level.

As a result of us not signing a LB we have not only weakened that slot but the CB too as we now have no decent deputy in the case of an injury.

Aye there's been a wee bitty too much over-reaction to the Hamilton result. I think that one of the issues with the Dons so far this season is of the four defeats we've had, we've been honking in three of the games (Utd, St J and Accies), and the games that we've won, we've played pretty decent. Maybe dug it out against ICT and Dundee but in entertaining games. It was like last season when we destroyed Hearts in two of the games that we played against them but lost them both.

Perhaps what we really need against Motherwell is a scabby, gritty 1-0, perhaps holding on for 2-1 against St Mirren might've made a difference to the confidence of the defence.

I'm still fairly confident that we'll finish in the top 3 and I think that we'll finish 2nd. If we pick up 3 points against Motherwell at Pittodrie on Friday then 19 points from 11 games is not too bad a return and will give us something to build on for the rest of the season. Things were tanking along ok until the Hamilton game and it's a big few weeks for our season, wins against Motherwell and County and cup progression against Hamilton will set us up bonny for the Celtic game and the rest of the campaign. Not to worry ye.

"destroyed Hearts in two of the games we played them but lost them both" :lol::lol::lol: