The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

No time like the present to look to the next campaign.

Our season starts on the July 3rd and are likely to be seeded for the first round of the Europa League meaning potential trips to the likes of San Marino, Gibraltar, Malta or Wales.

Nice to be going into a new season with a Cup to defend. In the last three years Old Rangers, Kilmarnock and St.Mirren fell at the first hurdle when defending this Cup so hopefully we can make a better fist of it.

Out of contract

Anderson

Robson

Weaver

Vernon

Low

Magennis

Would you give Anderson and Robson another year? I probably would even though they may be used more sparingly next season.

Magennis, Weaver and Vernon can go. Not too sure on Nicky Low. You’d hope by his age he’d be getting more of a regular game so you only imagine McInnes doesn’t rate him so he’ll probably go as well.

Have heard Aaron Taylor-Sinclair is almost a done deal.

Hoping we bring in another Striker, another Goalkeeper, another wide player and keep hold of Logan.

Looking forward to next season.

Aberdeen FC, more famous than you since 1903 8)

Edited by Reina

Really puzzled about Low, every time I've seen him he's been excellent, so why no new contract? Perhaps Del has someone better lined up?

Agree that both the oldies should stay, they've been excellent this year.

I've said this at the start of every season since about 2009, we need to sign two fullbacks. Logan would be an excellent choice, but I get the impression he would be reluctant to move, given his family is down south although he has loved his time up here.

More bite in the midfield would be nice too, someone not afraid to put the boot in. I guess we'd want this to be Jack, if we can stop him from pussying out of 50/50s. And before anyone suggests it, NOT Jamie Hamill. That would be an idiotic signing.

Not too sure on Nicky Low. You’d hope by his age he’d be getting more of a regular game so you only imagine McInnes doesn’t rate him so he’ll probably go as well.

McInnes gave him young player of the year at the awards this season. I think we will keep the 2 you mention to stay and also Low.

We're linked with Vernon. Never paid him much attention so don't know a whole lot about him other than he's a target man. What's he like?

Not your average target man, in that he isn't too strong. He is a bit strange in that he is pretty average at about everything, and that's his best quality.

Not amazing, but capable in the air.

Not lacking in skill, but not what you'd call skilful.

Decent finisher, but not amazing.

A good all rounder, who was our best player when we were crap. I reckon he'd be a good signing for any bottom 6 team. A good guy as well, by all accounts. The players seem to love him.

I'd keep Anderson, Robson, Low and Vernon.

However not sure Robson will stay based on stories I've heard. He was set to sign a new contract a month or two ago but something happened. Hopefully it gets sorted and he signs though. If he does go, maybe we could try again for Murray Davidson?

There's also a suggestion Anderson is set to retire, wishing to go out on a high. If we could get Hector signed then a Hector-Reynolds backline would be good.

Low I'd sign for at least a year. I think if Robson plays less next season (could be more games too if we do well in Europe) then Low will see more action.

I'd also give Vernon a one year extension. I think any new striker we sign is going to be a back-up to Rooney anyway, and I'd say Vernon is a decent guy to have in that role. Able to come on and score the odd goal or hat-trick, and not someone who sulks at not being picked.

That said, I think Vernon would be perfect for someone like Hibs, and he might fancy a longer contract and the chance to be first choice striker somewhere.

Hopefully Logan stays, but we're not his first choice, he's made it clear he has no problem staying but that a move back to England is his priority. If he goes, would be good to see Craig Murray get his chance there.

Think Weaver will probably leave and we could do worse than get Jamie Macdonald in and have a genuine fight for number one.

Edited by La_Leyenda

I'd give Anderson and Low another year, maybe Robson as well in the hope that I won't ever see him playing on the right wing ever again. Vernon, Magennis, Weaver won't be missed.

Now that I'm a bit less distraught after yesterday, can now think ahead.

Would sign up Anderson and Robson again.

Low too.

Vernon probably deserves another year, with a proper run of games. Made a huge contribution when called upon this year (Falkirk away, LC final).

Would like to see us sign Logan and Hector permanently for starters.

With our season starting so soon its important we snap up the players we want asap so that we have an established XI by the time the Premiership kicks off again that has played together in a few Europa League qualifiers (hopefully).

Now that I'm a bit less distraught after yesterday, can now think ahead.

Would sign up Anderson and Robson again.

Low too.

Vernon probably deserves another year, with a proper run of games. Made a huge contribution when called upon this year (Falkirk away, LC final).

Would like to see us sign Logan and Hector permanently for starters.

With our season starting so soon its important we snap up the players we want asap so that we have an established XI by the time the Premiership kicks off again that has played together in a few Europa League qualifiers (hopefully).

Let's be honest, Vernon doesn't deserve another year. He misses far too many sitters to be an SPL striker (3 chances in the first half at Tynecastle, open goal v St. Mirren) and would never have scored a hat-trick against a semi-competent 'keeper at Tannadice.

No time like the present to look to the next campaign.

Our season starts on the July 3rd and are likely to be seeded for the first round of the Europa League meaning potential trips to the likes of San Marino, Gibraltar, Malta or Wales.

Nice to be going into a new season with a Cup to defend. In the last three years Old Rangers, Kilmarnock and St.Mirren fell at the first hurdle when defending this Cup so hopefully we can make a better fist of it.

Out of contract

Anderson

Robson

Weaver

Vernon

Low

Magennis

Have heard Aaron Taylor-Sinclair is almost a done deal.

Really? I had heard that's the last place he'd want to go after his first spell and how it ended.

Be a good signing all the same.

McInnes gave him young player of the year at the awards this season. I think we will keep the 2 you mention to stay and also Low.

Out of interest who got POTY? Would have thought from a distance it would be Reynolds.

All depends on squad size for next season. If we are going with one of similar size I would move both Anderson and Robson on as we will need players capable of playing every game and niether was able to do that this season never mind next. If squad size is increased then would keep them.

Like the look if Low when he has played and would think he will get a new deal.

If Vernon is willing to take a pay cut would keep him on as back up to Rooney.

Weaver and Magennis can leave as both are nowhere near the required standard.

Would also like Zola to join them but not sure anyone else will take him on and cannot see us paying him off so we maybe stuck with him.

As for additions I just hope the targets are already identified and they are in for the start of preseason as we need to hit the ground running if we are to avoid another European humiliation.

Edited by Jute

Low looks plenty capable at this level and the way he took the penalty in the cup final shows he's got a bit of mental strength too. Surely has to be signed up?

I'd keep Robson for another season as long as he isn't played out wide. Ever.

Magennis and Weaver can both go. Vernon too. Hopefully Zola can f**k off but he's under contract.

Anderson should probably call it a day and let us get someone in. Hector would be a good signing and partner for Reynolds or Considine and vice versa. We also need a left back and if Logan doesn't stay then a right back too.

Spot on.