The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The expected Logan to Cove deal announced.

Aye, thought it might not happen because of all his legal issues but certainly a logical move for him. Should still put in good performances at that level.

8 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Aye, thought it might not happen because of all his legal issues but certainly a logical move for him. Should still put in good performances at that level.

Aye. Probably still worth a punt for them regardless 

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

Russell Anderson’s son has joined them as well which I’m sure will make everyone here feel old.

Did he ever get a game for Burton? A low cost gamble for them that hasn't came off.

Quite happy getting Shay in at Cove. Still got pace and a good work-rate and should do well at L1 level. I know a few championship clubs were looking at him and supposedly did well on loan to Hearts but Neilson wanted to lower the age of the squad.

He's more of a traditional right back rather than wing back or am I mistaken? 3 year deal is excessive but seems to be the way we are able to get signings over the line.

Jevan I know almost nothing about. 1 year deal. Not sure how many starts he'll get. Needs to prove himself when he gets game time.

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Quite happy getting Shay in at Cove. Still got pace and a good work-rate and should do well at L1 level. I know a few championship clubs were looking at him and supposedly did well on loan to Hearts but Neilson wanted to lower the age of the squad.

He's more of a traditional right back rather than wing back or am I mistaken? 3 year deal is excessive but seems to be the way we are able to get signings over the line.

Jevan I know almost nothing about. 1 year deal. Not sure how many starts he'll get. Needs to prove himself when he gets game time.

I like Shay as a player but a three year deal is madness. 

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I like Shay as a player but a three year deal is madness. 

It is madness. He might have 1-2 decent years left but not 3. Like I said we must be doing that to get the signings over the line and stop them going to the competition. It's a risky business strategy. We did it with Draper and he looks gubbed already. For me he was a poor signing and wasn't even needed. Bad/lazy recruitment from PH.

We seem to be throwing money at aging players who probably could play one level higher right now with the aim of getting to the championship next season. Thing is next year if we are in the Championship these players are maybe not the standard we need to stabilise in that division and hence more big money needs spent

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

It is madness. He might have 1-2 decent years left but not 3. Like I said we must be doing that to get the signings over the line and stop them going to the competition. It's a risky business strategy. We did it with Draper and he looks gubbed already. 

We seem to be throwing money at aging players who probably could play one level higher right now with the aim of getting to the championship next season. Thing is next year if we are in the Championship these players are maybe not the standard we need to stabilise in that division and hence more big money needs spent

I’m sure Darren mackie could do a job if he’s still in the north east