The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Think all Aberdeen fans need to forgot about McInnes now that is done now weather you supported him or not. Its time for the fans unite and yesterday result will obviously help that. 

Agreed! After a dreich end to the McInnes revolution the forecast is now...

96117976_download(80).gif.23f7d704a01f497d2f76c453c2ef2aec.gif

😉

Agreed with the praise for Ramsay. He was outstanding last night. He has that Ferguson knack of playing well beyond his years. There is a reassuring confidence and maturity to his game as well as genuine quality. He will have dips because he is young and inexperienced, but more than happy to go into the season with him as the first choice right-back. 

I thought Ferguson, and not just because of his two goals, was the best player on the park by a fair distance. That's not to say that others didn't have extremely good games, because there wasn't a failure, but Ferguson just looks ready for the next step. If we can keep him for another season, especially with Brown playing behind him, we should be in a very decent position. 

4 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I had to ask my mate who No.16 was, I didn't recognise Funso Ojo from the player we saw at Pittodrie at the beginning of 2019/20.

The role Glass had him in last night adds so much more to his all round play. He seems more involved and this possibly helps with his concentration levels.

I agree that he doesn't look fully comfortable going forward but last night showed that it's well within his capabilities to improve that aspect of his play.

An Ojo renaissance would be very helpful to us, and Brown sitting could allow him the opportunity to shine and prove to the Dons fans he's a class act.

Does anyone know how he got on at Wigan last season? I see he started basically every game for them but can't say I follow English League 1 at all.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

I thought Ferguson, and not just because of his two goals, was the best player on the park by a fair distance.

Hard to disagree, but watching how comfortable JET was with the ball and how he dominated players gave me immense pleasure.

As you rightly say:

11 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

there wasn't a failure

Going to be interesting to see if Dave has the cojones to hold out for another record fee for Ferguson when he inevitably leaves ABZ.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

That's not to say that others didn't have extremely good games, because there wasn't a failure, but Ferguson just looks ready for the next step. 

Not a failure, but I think Jonny Hayes would admit himself that it wasn't his night. Jack McKenzie played very well in that left-back position when he came on.

Ive nae posted in a  while cos the dandies were bumming me out, but last night was terrific. Agree with the Ramsay praise, he looks a real talent. his first touch is wonderful. Saw someone say thats the biggest mark that separates the top class players from the jobbers - at the top level, all over the park, players first touch is spot on and, early days, but it looks like he could have what it takes. Would be terrific to see. Mackenzie looks good too, but obviously a little older. 

I will say, as good as last night was, I felt similar at the start of last season after the Viking game and the wee spell in the league when Wr*ght and hedges were on form. Weve seen how quickly the wheels can come off after an injury, a transfer, a loss of form. Cautious optimism from me. 

I am firmly aboard the Christian Ramirez train though, he was excellent. 

3 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Ive nae posted in a  while cos the dandies were bumming me out, but last night was terrific. Agree with the Ramsay praise, he looks a real talent. his first touch is wonderful. Saw someone say thats the biggest mark that separates the top class players from the jobbers - at the top level, all over the park, players first touch is spot on and, early days, but it looks like he could have what it takes. Would be terrific to see. Mackenzie looks good too, but obviously a little older. 

I will say, as good as last night was, I felt similar at the start of last season after the Viking game and the wee spell in the league when Wr*ght and hedges were on form. Weve seen how quickly the wheels can come off after an injury, a transfer, a loss of form. Cautious optimism from me. 

I am firmly aboard the Christian Ramirez train though, he was excellent. 

I think a lot of the unbridled joy is because a lot of us were expecting a disaster, so the result and performance have been a great relief.

Enjoyed last night far more than I though we would.

Not just the team, who were brilliant once they got going, but also the crowd gave good backing and made a bit of noise considering how sparse it was and that a lot were wearing masks.

Great night, love a European game under the lights. 

Any fringe squad or reserve players expected to be loaned out? Interested to hear if you think  Ruth, Virtanen, David Dangana, Ngwenya would be candidates and your thoughts on them and what level they could excel at?

Ngwenya was with us at the tail end of last season and did well. We now have Harry Milne, back from injury, who is our stellar LB.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Any fringe squad or reserve players expected to be loaned out? Interested to hear if you think  Ruth, Virtanen, David Dangana, Ngwenya would be candidates and your thoughts on them and what level they could excel at?

Ngwenya was with us at the tail end of last season and did well. We now have Harry Milne, back from injury, who is our stellar LB.

From everything I've seen Ruth and Ngwenya probably have a better chance of making it in the Premier League.

Dangana hasn't played above reserve level and Virtanen has only made a couple of sub appearances. I'd be surprised if he went on loan to League One after two relatively successful loans to Arbroath in the Championship but you never know.

Cove would obviously be an ideal team as they can still train with us part time and there's less upheaval.