The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

32 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I think it was telling in the interview yesterday that the first thing mentioned by Brown is the assistant manager's job. I thought Russell was the assistant manager but Brown indicated that it was he? Nevertheless, Brown's focus on Aberdeen is starting his coaching career with the long term view of management. Brown the player has about a year left him if that.

I think the interview took place when he signed a couple of months ago. Certainly looks to be wearing the same gear. He was announced before Russell wasn't he?

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm talking up your signings and your having a pop at my club,I'll start with brown the sheep have been struggling to replace Shinnie there is no doubt Campbell and Ferguson have potential,Brown is a definite upgrade to Bryson regardless how many games he plays. 

Agreed.Think he should stay on sidelines when we play his beloved Celtic though.

32 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

No idea who the guy is Tbh?

1 minute ago, d31 said:

Quick google and he seems like a decent shout! We still need strikers and wingers though.

I'm hard at work gathering & collating all his game time stats etc and comparing him to similar players etc.

2061261829_2021-06-1021_01_22-TeddyJenksStats_FBref.comand5morepages-Personal-MicrosoftEdge.jpg.4de2a62ec861291e6ad134fa0051ada4.jpg

713504538_download(38).gif.dda5d741d71bd2ae3a3c8ea21525392e.gif

I'll get back to you.

41 minutes ago, d31 said:

Quick google and he seems like a decent shout! We still need strikers and wingers though.

A central midfielder? 
A “10”?

if not, & he’s a “6” or “8”, might suggest a departure? 
Fergie likely?

Agree with you.

A good winger, no 10, & centre forward needed & would lift the optimism. 

This  lad Jenks  excites me mare than the likes Jackson Irvine.   Would say the chances are zero  for a buy out clause with this lad seems highly rated with Brighton.

Just signed new contract last year . so he is obviously got something about him.   Anyway sounds promising. .

17 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't follow English football and am too lazy to look this up. Are Brighton still in the Premier? 

No  there in the conference ,  went all downhill after the   Gordon Smith miss in 1983..  

Edited by logie skid boys

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Ethan Ross has snubbed our contract offer. Sunderland and Blackburn are after him.

I haven't seen enough of him to judge - but now fully expect him to single-handedly win World Cup 2026 for Scotland, be transferred for £100M in a few years, and us to look back fondly at our £120K development fee.

23 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I haven't seen enough of him to judge - but now fully expect him to single-handedly win World Cup 2026 for Scotland, be transferred for £100M in a few years, and us to look back fondly at our £120K development fee.

Given the development fee we'd get out of a 100 million transfer i could console myself with that to be honest.

44 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Given the development fee we'd get out of a 100 million transfer i could console myself with that to be honest.

We'll get a decent enough fee anyway tbh. May be worth renegotiating to add a proper clause for a percentage of sale etc.