59 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

For the starting X1, I’d say we need;

Right back

Left centre half

No 10

Left winger

Centre forward.

One or two squad fillers too probably.

Hopefully will be a busy couple of weeks?

I'd like the striker and one of the winger/10 to be all our eggs in basket. 

If Ramirez is the striker then i'll change to hoping all eggs in 10/winger basket.

I don't see Ramirez as single handedly lifting the team.

56 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I hope he does his homework on the city before he comes, he might be in for an unpleasant culture shock.

I find Telly Savalas ideally suited for introducing a Yank to the pleasures of a city preserved in silver, grey granite

In the meantime, so long Telly and 'tanks' for the memory.

Note, Telly spends 2:03 discussing his love of Aberdeen but 7:03 on Portsmouth (6:57 would've been more appropriate for Pompey)

Edited by Bogbrush1903

35 minutes ago, d31 said:

I'd like the striker and one of the winger/10 to be all our eggs in basket. 

If Ramirez is the striker then i'll change to hoping all eggs in 10/winger basket.

I don't see Ramirez as single handedly lifting the team.

Sounds like he's a hard working physical presence who has great hold up play. I'd say that's what we really required at the end of last season. Hendry tried to do all of that but wasn't as strong as this guy looks and Ramirez is a bit taller too (based on transfermrkt.com).

If this guys gets 10 goals but is a vital part of a team that creates and scores goals then I'd be very happy. It's obviously an extreme example as he's top level but basically the role Firminho plays at Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I hope he does his homework on the city before he comes, he might be in for an unpleasant culture shock.

I find Telly Savalas ideally suited for introduced a Yank to the pleasures of a city preserved in silver, grey granite

In the meantime, so long Telly and 'tanks' for the memory.

Note, Telly spends 2:03 discussing his love of Aberdeen but 7:03 on Portsmouth (6:57 would've been more appropriate for Pompey)

Send him a tweet. Seems to be liking any link with himself and Aberdeen at the minute!

"Ramirez deal falls apart after player discovers city is grey".

10 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Far too much negativity at the moment, its a wait and see how Glass does. Early days in the transfer window and won't panic until near the european game. 

I will add to the negativity :D but I don't understand paying money for a 30-year old as you are not going to recoup that money in the future. 

Pays for himself if he does goals.

Just now, Rodhull said:

Better look at it. Pretty decent I think. Probably best one in a couple of seasons.

Think I prefer the pinstripe effort Union Berlin got to be fair.

aberdeen-fc-21-22-aberdeen-fc-home-jersey-1623240188RM-product2.png

Went for those colours to keep Ferguson IMHO.

Presume the 'modeling' was done a while ago if he's in them?

Guest Bob Mahelp

I realise that I'm a moany auld khunt, but the fact that there's blue in it rips ma knitting. 

Aberdeen colours are Red. And White. 

Get right to f**k with this blue pish. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I realise that I'm a moany auld khunt, but the fact that there's blue in it rips ma knitting. 

Aberdeen colours are Red. And White. 

Get right to f**k with this blue pish. 

Originally blue and white, no? 

I thought that was black too. I don't like how it looks, but no issue in principle with a wee bit of blue in there.  We are all unionist tories after all.