The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

48 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Have you all been in at the meths again? Considine is a horrendous left back. Good, dependable centre back. Absolute gem of a man. Horrific left back.

His time has been and gone but history will show he was one of the best players in the mcinnes 8 years and that was from left back.

Considine has spent much of his career being most folks third choice centre half and second choice left back, yet has still ended up making over 500 appearances. Even if we signed van Dijk and Tierney in the summer, he’d still end up making 30+ appearances next season.

52 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

That is extremely harsh. I would rather have Considine at centre-back than left-back now, and he was always offensively limited there with the ball at his feet, but I think he won our Player of the Year award from left-back twice. Granted, that is a bit of a popularity contest, but still hardly a sign of someone being "horrendous" or "horrific". 

I'm happy enough with Considine at centre-back now, but I only really came round to that opinion over the last two or three seasons. Previous to that, I thought he was better at left-back too. 

I lost count that season of the number of goals we conceded where he was the root cause. Either lack of pace, or a hospital ball to a teammate, or just plain not marking the right guy. Offered slim to nothing in attack, except shelling balls up the line for Hayes to chase.

Him winning that poty award absolutely was a popularity contest 100%. And deservedly so because he's a glorious, wondrous lad.

13 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I lost count that season of the number of goals we conceded where he was the root cause. Either lack of pace, or a hospital ball to a teammate, or just plain not marking the right guy. Offered slim to nothing in attack, except shelling balls up the line for Hayes to chase.

Him winning that poty award absolutely was a popularity contest 100%. And deservedly so because he's a glorious, wondrous lad.

Havers. Having him coming in late from the left wing to attack the ball caused chaos as he was usually up against a small fullback. If he was a better header of the ball he'd have scored more. If he was a better header of the ball I'd probably have wanted him at CB all these years though.

Anyway on Considine, thought this was a bit revealing. Doesn't want to criticise McInnes but also praising Glass. Cosgrove basically said the same.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Havers. Having him coming in late from the left wing to attack the ball caused chaos as he was usually up against a small fullback. If he was a better header of the ball he'd have scored more. If he was a better header of the ball I'd probably have wanted him at CB all these years though.

Anyway on Considine, thought this was a bit revealing. Doesn't want to criticise McInnes but also praising Glass. Cosgrove basically said the same.

I thought Considine interview on RedTV was excellent. He was talking up Jack Mackenzie saying in a 1 vs 1 situation he was the best defender the club has.

Edited by betting competition

14 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I thought Considine interview on RedTV was excellent. He was talking up Jack Mackenzie saying in a 1 vs 1 situation he was the best defender the club has.

Which leaves me wondering why he has only just appeared for the 1st time now just short of his 21st birthday?

22 minutes ago, betting competition said:

It really was. Consi is literally the only footballer whose interviews I bother watching. He's the only one that doesn't make me feel like I've become measurably less intelligent by listening to him.

4 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Have you all been in at the meths again? Considine is a horrendous left back. Good, dependable centre back. Absolute gem of a man. Horrific left back.

I'm with you on that, as a left back he was ok unless the player had pace and then he struggled. I actually think Considine has been poor since he got into the Scotland squad, but hopefully performances will improve with new management team. 

I think some lads are at risk of breaking the golden unwritten rule of admitting big Andy is a bang average footballer. 

Let’s be honest, if you’re expecting him to be Max Lowe, you’ll be disappointed. If you expect him to be scott McKenna, you’ll be equally let down. 

What he offers is consistency of performance within his own limits. That sounds disparaging but it’s an underrated quality. Add that to the fact he’s an aberdonian and simply a cracking guy and he’s rightly a club legend. 

Considine is the rarity of coming through at a club that is absolutely his level.  Had he been at somebody like Saints he'd be held up as the next coming, if he'd been a Grimmer who went south ASAP he'd be a shrug/"oh yeah Doug's boy" or a "one that got away" Maloney. Never forget he broke his own leg trying to score https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-win-is-marred-by-serious-injury-1511001

9 hours ago, HunterAFC said:

Considine is the rarity of coming through at a club that is absolutely his level.  Had he been at somebody like Saints he'd be held up as the next coming, if he'd been a Grimmer who went south ASAP he'd be a shrug/"oh yeah Doug's boy" or a "one that got away" Maloney. Never forget he broke his own leg trying to score https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-win-is-marred-by-serious-injury-1511001

I don't remember the incident at all but on his open goal interview he said Declan Gallagher came up to him in the Scotland squad and admitted that he broke his leg. Up to that point Considine had thought it was another Dundee player.

A new start today, dead exciting really! great to hear that the players are busting a gut in training for glass. 

Considines comments on co-comms were quite revealing earlier in the season saying he wished wed push on to win more, and almost criticising a defensive sub as it come on. hes one of us, and I fucking love it

39 minutes ago, the tungston weasel said:

He's hardly going to go on tv to say training is piss easy and consists of a game of 5s then a fish supper though.

30 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

sounds like a dream saturday afternoon!

Decent tactic to entice Griffiths imo