The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

22 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

I will wait until Glass has binned McInnes' injury prone wasters before judging. 

From the last starting 11, who would you like binned?

(Not suggesting that I wouldn't bin some myself)

6 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Stephen Glass believes he will prove wrong those who doubt he has enough experience to be manager and will bring "back the good times for Aberdeen".

On the BBC. Translates to "ill be sacked by Christmas." 

5287e5892391364a928cd3b0d935f624.gif.b5f17d2bd3857fdeab499b85bc3872e0.gif

27 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Stephen Glass believes he will prove wrong those who doubt he has enough experience to be manager and will bring "back the good times for Aberdeen".

On the BBC. Translates to "ill be sacked by Christmas." 

bring back the good times. I presume he is on about when we used to fit Paatelinean, Shearer, Jess and Booth on to the same pitch and not quite the real good times

7 hours ago, Illgresi said:

From the last starting 11, who would you like binned?

(Not suggesting that I wouldn't bin some myself)

We need to be signing better quality in all areas to challenge for trophies IMO. 

I fully support giving lads like MacKenzie, Ramsay, Campbell and Ross the chance to see what they can do but whether they are up to it remains to be seen.

Good servants as they've been for the club I would (sadly) personally look to replace McGinn, Hayes and Considine with younger players while Kamberi needs binned.

I would also bin McGeouch as he is picking up a wage for nothing just now.

Glass needs to make tough decisions, I don't envy him.

1 hour ago, highland_mechanic said:

We need to be signing better quality in all areas to challenge for trophies IMO. 

I fully support giving lads like MacKenzie, Ramsay, Campbell and Ross the chance to see what they can do but whether they are up to it remains to be seen.

Good servants as they've been for the club I would (sadly) personally look to replace McGinn, Hayes and Considine with younger players while Kamberi needs binned.

I would also bin McGeouch as he is picking up a wage for nothing just now.

Glass needs to make tough decisions, I don't envy him.

Based on his press conference Considine will be going nowhere.

I'm pretty sure Hayes deferred his wage for a year so I doubt he'll be shown the door either.

Yes, no need to get rid of a top professional. We just need to be prepared for the fact we can’t rely on him week in week out for much longer. We’ve actually been pretty fortunate this season that we haven’t had more injuries to considine/Hoban as we’re very light in that area. 

I presume all or the majority of the out of contract players will leave this summer.

I'd be surprised if more than 1 or maximum 2 under contract players leave on top of that as the out of contract players alone are more than enough change for one transfer window.

I'd like Considine to be a squad player at this stage. I also want us to throw the two young full backs in at the deep end until the end of the season. 

The ends justify the means to playing Consi at the moment. the young lads will need to be spoken through the games.

I don't actually like Considine at centre half. Unpopular opinion I've always thought he was a better left back than centre half and his time as a left back has came to an end. At some point, to be determined,  in 2021 he will need to be phased out of the team.

1 hour ago, d31 said:

I don't actually like Considine at centre half. Unpopular opinion I've always thought he was a better left back than centre half and his time as a left back has came to an end. At some point, to be determined,  in 2021 he will need to be phased out of the team.

I'm in agreement.

1 hour ago, d31 said:

Considine is a bit of a conundrum at the moment. He has competition at left back from Mackenzie and, competition from Hoban, Taylor and possibly McCrorie at centre half. 

As much as it would give me the fear to see Taylor instructed to play it out from the back, opponents seem to be finding a way through the centre of our defence during the past two games, which Taylor usually nullifies with his arial presence, more so than Considine. 

1 minute ago, RussellAnderson said:

Considine could play in a free role behind the striker for all I care, hes a solid gold hero who should be going nowhere. 

100% he is presently the best left back at the club and the best left sided centre back at the club.

However I'd like to hope by 1st September that he maybe would not be.

26 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Have you all been in at the meths again? Considine is a horrendous left back. Good, dependable centre back. Absolute gem of a man. Horrific left back.

That is extremely harsh. I would rather have Considine at centre-back than left-back now, and he was always offensively limited there with the ball at his feet, but I think he won our Player of the Year award from left-back twice. Granted, that is a bit of a popularity contest, but still hardly a sign of someone being "horrendous" or "horrific". 

I'm happy enough with Considine at centre-back now, but I only really came round to that opinion over the last two or three seasons. Previous to that, I thought he was better at left-back too.