The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Would be interesting to know how many of our 52 points came before November. 

23 apparently, this is up to 1st November.

836512536_ScreenShot2021-04-11at20_41_58.png.a4f04a3371d100f22e2197166afafd09.png

So an avg of 2.09 ppg up to then (23 pts from 11 games) , 1.26 ppg since then (29 pts from 23 games).

Edited by capt_oats

Guest Bob Mahelp
32 minutes ago, d31 said:

Hibs need two wins to see them over the line. It might not be straightforward. 

It might also depend how arsed Celtic, Livingston and St Johnstone are about their last four matches.

Livi look like they've fallen off the tree. We've actually got a better record than both them and Hibs over the last 5 games. 

They're not the team that they were 6 weeks ago (which I hope will be in our favour come Sunday).

46 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

836512536_ScreenShot2021-04-11at20_41_58.png.a4f04a3371d100f22e2197166afafd09.png

So an avg of 2.09 ppg up to then (23 pts from 11 games) , 1.26 ppg since then (29 pts from 23 games).

Is that a website you’ve got that from? That’s quite useful. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Is that a website you’ve got that from? That’s quite useful. 

It is, aye.

WhoScored.com

I also like SoccerStats.com as it has a whole load of interesting info. The Aberdeen page is here: https://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=scotland&stats=1-aberdeen

Edited by capt_oats

34 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Livi look like they've fallen off the tree. We've actually got a better record than both them and Hibs over the last 5 games. 

They're not the team that they were 6 weeks ago (which I hope will be in our favour come Sunday).

We broke Livingston by beating them at the Macaroni before the Final, IMO.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Hibs have only got 1.45 ppg since then, 32pts from 22 games. That was my original point that everyone is saying that we’ve fallen off a cliff but Hibs have been gliding along. That’s not the reality of what’s happened.

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

everyone is saying that we’ve fallen off a cliff but Hibs have been gliding along.

Like I mentioned to you yesterday, I havent really seen any comments like that in the media.

Plenty comments about us by aberdeen fans on here, maybe thats where you have seen it?

What I would say is that in every metric, Hibs are currently ahead or (in a couple) level with Aberdeen. But the only important one is the final table - rather obviously.

22 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Like I mentioned to you yesterday, I havent really seen any comments like that in the media.

Plenty comments about us by aberdeen fans on here, maybe thats where you have seen it?

What I would say is that in every metric, Hibs are currently ahead or (in a couple) level with Aberdeen. But the only important one is the final table - rather obviously.

I'm the same - I haven't really seen any media fawning over Hibs in all honesty.

Aberdeen were (rightly) lambasted for a shocking run of form where they couldn't score, but the teams are obviously rather similar which is reflected in the table.

Every metric??

59 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Every metric except dignity, IMO.

On 10/04/2021 at 17:24, Merkland Red said:

Probably getting well ahead of myself here but MacKenzie looks a really good prospect. If the lower leagues weren't postponed there's a good chance he sees out the season at Forfar before getting released!

Thought he had a good game on Saturday although did get caught out a few times. I agree at 21 and if you haven't broke into the first team then it is more likely he would have been released. After the last few performances I think he will be given another year. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Nobody is trying to imply that isn't true. 

It's simply a 'bigger picture' discussion. I was actually very surprised that we have a better record over the last 5 games than both Hibs and Livi. The impression is that we're so bad we're being thumped in every game, which simply isn't true. 

The only difference between Hibs and Aberdeen since the turn of the year has been that you can score goals and we can't. I've no doubt at all if Hibs had lost Nisbet, Doidge and Boyle for the season in the space of just over a month,  and we still had Watkins, Hedges and Wright, our league positions would be reversed. 

That's football though. Nobody is complaining about it, we're just discussing. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

24 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Thought he had a good game on Saturday although did get caught out a few times. I agree at 21 and if you haven't broke into the first team then it is more likely he would have been released. After the last few performances I think he will be given another year. 

Signed  a two year deal a couple of weeks ago, didn't he?

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I am extremely aware that the likelihood is that Hibs will finish ahead of us in 3rd. That’s not my point.