The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just had a courtesy phone call from Aberdeen FC where they said, and I quote "Ian Durrant has more league winners medals on the shelf in his living room than Aberdeen FC have in their entire history"?!?!

Strange but true apparently

1 minute ago, CCB19035 said:

I dunno how anyone can openly be a Rangers fan. 

It's like boasting about loving Farage, being a member of UKIP or the BNP. 

As far as I'm concerned you're all card carrying nazis.

Ian Durrant is a stupid bigot.

I was surprised too, personally I would have framed the medals.

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

Just had a courtesy phone call from Aberdeen FC where they said, and I quote "Ian Durrant has more league winners medals on the shelf in his living room than Aberdeen FC have in their entire history"?!?!

Frustrated World Cup GIF

24 minutes ago, G51 said:

And I thought it was only us who were meant to still be living in the 1980s.

Hope his knee doesn't buckle under the strain of all those medals he holds.

39 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

He's fair owned us with that one like.

Hope Merkland Red has learned his lesson.

You should have tagged me for further shame.

Can't say I'm going to get too bent out of shape by the opinion of glory hunters, born miles away from the stadiums of the team they 'support'.

22 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Possibly a daft question but since the Livi Scottish cup game has been chosen for Premier coverage, does that mean we don't get the choice to pay the club for Red TV coverage?

We have to pay Premier for their utter shite coverage where they'll spend most of the time talking about their big game the next day??

Our game is on the Sunday compared to the small game the day before. 

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:
5 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Desperately sad news. A total gentleman and did some superb work helping to build the community trust. RIP Duncan Skinner

My best mate's dad. One of the most kind people I've had the privilege to know. Absolutely gutted for them, 63 is no age at all.. Duncan didn't get anywhere near the amount of credit he deserved for his work with the AFCCT amongst several other charities.

f**k cancer. 

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Probably getting well ahead of myself here but MacKenzie looks a really good prospect. If the lower leagues weren't postponed there's a good chance he sees out the season at Forfar before getting released!

He’s still got a lot to learn but plenty potential. Him and Ramsay. I can see why we’d be reluctant to play both at the same time in a back 4 though (at the moment).

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He’s still got a lot to learn but plenty potential. Him and Ramsay. I can see why we’d be reluctant to play both at the same time in a back 4 though (at the moment).

Yeah definitely. Just thought about this after the game and remembered that sometimes football is about luck and timing more than anything else.

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Probably getting well ahead of myself here but MacKenzie looks a really good prospect. If the lower leagues weren't postponed there's a good chance he sees out the season at Forfar before getting released!

Didn't Dave Cormack say at the Q+A that the plan was for MacKenzie to spend this season at Atlanta?

4 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Didn't Dave Cormack say at the Q+A that the plan was for MacKenzie to spend this season at Atlanta?

Yeah but that fell through due to Covid. Then he was sent on loan to Forfar.

He'll be 21 at the beginning of next season. Not many boys are kept on until then without playing a minute.

54 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

I reckon if McInnes had stayed he would have probably been freed this summer

53 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah definitely but wasn't intended as a 'McInnes doesn't trust youth' post. 

Agree with that. It's a real sliding doors moment for the lad. He looks a prospect on limited evidence, but enough to give him an extended run imo, and make a call about the left back spot in the summer.

Plays with a freedom that Tosher on RedTV jokingly commented "we'll soon knock that out of him". Granted got a few minor mistakes in him, but he's still young, and it's all about how quickly he learns from those mistakes.

Also, I thought Hoban was absolutely back to his best today.