The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

But you’re comparing two different seasons.
For 20/21, Rangers offered a £25 voucher whereas Aberdeen offered nothing.
For 21/22, we don’t know what either club will be offering so how can we compare?
I said I found it an odd flex for Aberdeen to make considering they’ve currently offered nothing. I can call out hypocrisy without being upset.

Was it not the case that Sevco didn’t offer any refund for the curtailed 19/20 season? I think that might be what the jibe was about.

AFC did, not that many took them up on the offer.

Celtic did, very few took them up on the offer until they lost the league....

3 minutes ago, scottorae said:

Was it not the case that Sevco didn’t offer any refund for the curtailed 19/20 season? I think that might be what the jibe was about.

AFC did, not that many took them up on the offer.

Celtic did, very few took them up on the offer until they lost the league....

That’s incorrect. Rangers offered fans the option to request a refund for the matches they missed due to the curtailment of the 19/20 season.

Possibly a daft question but since the Livi Scottish cup game has been chosen for Premier coverage, does that mean we don't get the choice to pay the club for Red TV coverage?

We have to pay Premier for their utter shite coverage where they'll spend most of the time talking about their big game the next day??

17 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Possibly a daft question but since the Livi Scottish cup game has been chosen for Premier coverage, does that mean we don't get the choice to pay the club for Red TV coverage?

We have to pay Premier for their utter shite coverage where they'll spend most of the time talking about their big game the next day??

I believe so. Our match against Cove Rangers wasn’t offered as PPV as it was on Premier Sports. I don’t think it was a decision made by the club but could be wrong.

22 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Yeah clubs can't sell PPV if a broadcaster has rights.

Speaking of broadcasters etc, that was something else the guy mentioned on the call. That he'd been enjoying watching Aberdeen games with Aberdeen supporters commentating rather than listening to Boyd or McCoist.

Didn't have the heart to tell him I'm not a Shinie or McDermid fan. Agree on Boyd though. Not a subjective bone in his body when he's supposed to be professional. McCoist is usually ok.

7 hours ago, AJF said:

That’s incorrect. Rangers offered fans the option to request a refund for the matches they missed due to the curtailment of the 19/20 season.

Have you lot paid the face painter yet? What about the countless other people the dead club fucked over?

If not, please step away from the moral high ground. Thanks. 

23 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Have you lot paid the face painter yet? What about the countless other people the dead club fucked over?

If not, please step away from the moral high ground. Thanks. 

What 😂

I don't pretend to know the inner details, but it always confuses how fans of a club Hearts could do enough to save their club once it was in administration, but rangers couldn't..............considering they apparently have global appeal.

Given HMRC funds both the royal family and the armed forces, two institutions apparently dear to their support, then it is even more bizarre that they would be content to let that happen. 

Other clubs in the UK and Europe have done similar I suppose. In Italy in particular, bankruptcy, liquidation and 'starting again' are commonplace, but I would find it strange supporting an Aberdeen phoenix club.

Edited by tarapoa

53 minutes ago, AJF said:

One criticism of Aberdeen hypocrisy and this is the reaction 😄 I think I'll do it more often.

I'm afraid the only one that has come out of this looking like a moon-howling lunatic is yourself.

Edited by Illgresi

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

I'm afraid the only one that has come out of this looking like a moon-howling lunatic is yourself.

For criticising Aberdeen? Sorry, won't do it again then.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

I don't pretend to know the inner details, but it always confuses how fans of a club Hearts could do enough to save their club once it was in administration, but rangers couldn't..............considering they apparently have global appeal.

Given HMRC funds both the royal family and the armed forces, two institutions apparently dear to their support, then it is even more bizarre that they would be content to let that happen. 

Other clubs in the UK and Europe have done similar I suppose. In Italy in particular, bankruptcy, liquidation and 'starting again' are commonplace, but I would find it strange supporting an Aberdeen phoenix club.

I'm sure i'd easily support an Aberdeen phoenix club but it's hard to imagine a scenario where we would go bust. The fans would pull the money together regardless. £20M we did no bother we just had to be shite for 15-20 years. £50M? I'm sure we'd soldier on. £100M might be getting sweaty at that sort of levels but again presumably the fans would sort it out.