The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

It's incentives to renew for this season. Aberdeen have not decided on theirs yet but think it's a bit shitty of Rangers to offer a blanket "take it or leave it £20 club shop voucher".

It's cute to see roaming the threads to jump in to Rangers defence as usual though. That's why I made sure to post it. WastecoatAJF.

I don’t believe Rangers have issued renewal forms for 21/22 as yet (I certainly haven’t received it) or have advised what their plans are so I don’t know what incentives (or lack of) there will be for renewing so I’m not sure how Aberdeen know what we are offering.

The £25 voucher was to renew for the current 20/21 season and supporters were also able to claim a refund on the matches that were not completed in 19/20.

It just seemed odd that Aberdeen would criticise teams for offering renewal incentives last year despite having offered absolutely nothing themselves as yet.

Edited by AJF

37 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t believe Rangers have issued renewal forms for 21/22 as yet (I certainly haven’t received it) or have advised what their plans are so I don’t know what incentives (or lack of) there will be for renewing so I’m not sure how Aberdeen know what we are offering.

The £25 voucher was to renew for the current 20/21 season and supporters were also able to claim a refund on the matches that were not completed in 19/20.

It just seemed odd that Aberdeen would criticise teams for offering renewal incentives last year despite having offered absolutely nothing themselves as yet.

I think it's a bit odd that you have given it more than 2 seconds thought to be honest.

16 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think it's a bit odd that you have given it more than 2 seconds thought to be honest.

Normally the kind of response someone gives when they grudgingly agree but don’t want to admit it 😀

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Normally the kind of response someone gives when they grudgingly agree but don’t want to admit it 😀

Nope.

Aberdeen are still working on what incentive they are going to offer. This was also discussed by the Chairman at the recent Q&A. He thought the token "here's a club shop voucher" was a bit shit. Aberdeen are going to announce something at the end of the month but hope they can come up with something better than that.

I'm not sure why you're upset about this but here we are.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Nope.

Aberdeen are still working on what incentive they are going to offer. This was also discussed by the Chairman at the recent Q&A. He thought the token "here's a club shop voucher" was a bit shit. Aberdeen are going to announce something at the end of the month but hope they can come up with something better than that.

I'm not sure why you're upset about this but here we are.

But you’re comparing two different seasons.

For 20/21, Rangers offered a £25 voucher whereas Aberdeen offered nothing.

For 21/22, we don’t know what either club will be offering so how can we compare?

I said I found it an odd flex for Aberdeen to make considering they’ve currently offered nothing. I can call out hypocrisy without being upset.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

But you’re comparing two different seasons.

For 20/21, Rangers offered a £25 voucher whereas Aberdeen offered nothing.

For 21/22, we don’t know what either club will be offering so how can we compare?

I said I found it an odd flex for Aberdeen to make considering they’ve currently offered nothing. I can call out hypocrisy without being upset.

I'm not comparing two different seasons.

I'm comparing this season as mentioned in my original post. This was what the man on the telephone told me.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm not comparing two different seasons.

I'm comparing this season as mentioned in my original post. This was what the man on the telephone told me.

Haha, sounds like the man on the telephone was talking shite then mate.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The main thing is we haven't bothered AJF with this. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

AJF leaving the thread triumphant. Some boy. 

I never said it didn’t bother me, I said I wasn’t upset by it.

It was a fairly simple question I asked which highlighted Aberdeen had done less to provide incentives to their fans than Rangers yet were criticising what Rangers had previously offered.

If you don’t agree that seems hypocritical, fair enough, life goes on.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I never said it didn’t bother me, I said I wasn’t upset by it.

It was a fairly simple question I asked which highlighted Aberdeen had done less to provide incentives to their fans than Rangers yet were criticising what Rangers had previously offered.

If you don’t agree that seems hypocritical, fair enough, life goes on.

Chill out mate. Sorry for the offence caused.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Chill out mate. Sorry for the offence caused.

Again, a response that indicates you probably agree with what I said but don’t like to admit it.