The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

the club called me today as I'm a season ticket holder. Expected a hard sell but (as per Daves q&a) said they weren't in a position to sell season tickets without having a better idea of when fans will get back in to the stadiums.

Said they are looking to offer an incentive to renew. Had a wee dig at the old firm (Rangers offering a take it or leave it £20 club shop voucher and Celtic offering nothing) but did add that it's a bit more understandable as both clubs have waiting lists for season tickets.

All in all it was a call making sure I was keeping safe and healthy and to expect another call at the end of the month.

They haven't called me. Rude.

I got that call.

They didn't really need to at all as I will unconditionally buy a season ticket and DNA premium - and still await a new share issue (as I'm jealous of some of my older mates who had money in 90s to buy previously).

However, it is really good they do that - and shows that the right kind of fan engagement culture is permeating through the club.

2 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Where do you sit?

RDL.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

They haven't called me. Rude.

DC saw your posts.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

I got that call.

They didn't really need to at all as I will unconditionally buy a season ticket and DNA premium - and still await a new share issue (as I'm jealous of some of my older mates who had money in 90s to buy previously).

However, it is really good they do that - and shows that the right kind of fan engagement culture is permeating through the club.

Yeah. Was surprised to get the call when it was only giving info but was definitely appreciated.

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

the club called me today as I'm a season ticket holder. Expected a hard sell but (as per Daves q&a) said they weren't in a position to sell season tickets without having a better idea of when fans will get back in to the stadiums.

Said they are looking to offer an incentive to renew. Had a wee dig at the old firm (Rangers offering a take it or leave it £20 club shop voucher and Celtic offering nothing) but did add that it's a bit more understandable as both clubs have waiting lists for season tickets.

All in all it was a call making sure I was keeping safe and healthy and to expect another call at the end of the month.

What incentives did Aberdeen fans get last season to renew?

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

None.

There was some promise about receiving 'full value' whatever that means

there was an option to get a refund/discount on the missed games from 2019/20 season. so that was an optional part discount

17 minutes ago, d31 said:

None.

There was some promise about receiving 'full value' whatever that means

there was an option to get a refund/discount on the missed games from 2019/20 season. so that was an optional part discount

I see. So Aberdeen are calling season ticket holders and having a dig at Rangers for offering an incentive to renew last season when they offered none themselves? Odd.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I see. So Aberdeen are calling season ticket holders and having a dig at Rangers for offering an incentive to renew last season when they offered none themselves? Odd.

dont think so? maybe youve read a post wrong?

1 minute ago, d31 said:

dont think so? maybe youve read a post wrong?

The original post I quoted from Merkland Red mentioned it. You then replied to my question I had put to him.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

The original post I quoted from Merkland Red mentioned it. You then replied to my question I had put to him.

Think youve confused each other but i just replied to your question.

He was saying he joked not the AFC employee

4 minutes ago, d31 said:

Think youve confused each other but i just replied to your question.

He was saying he joked not the AFC employee

I see. I read it as if he said the caller from Aberdeen was having a dig at Rangers’ incentive to renew.

Either or, a bit of an odd flex considering Aberdeen offered nothing.

7 hours ago, AJF said:

I see. I read it as if he said the caller from Aberdeen was having a dig at Rangers’ incentive to renew.

Either or, a bit of an odd flex considering Aberdeen offered nothing.

I hope rangers pay you for the policing of their reputation you perform on the internet? 

10 hours ago, AJF said:

It's incentives to renew for this season. Aberdeen have not decided on theirs yet but think it's a bit shitty of Rangers to offer a blanket "take it or leave it £20 club shop voucher".

It's cute to see roaming the threads to jump in to Rangers defence as usual though. That's why I made sure to post it. WastecoatAJF.

20 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

That sounds like great customer service, and look forward to my call, hopefully. The club has phoned my five times since last March, and only one could be classed as a sales call. And even that was offering me a much reduced AberDNA monthly payment as I had already renewed my season ticket and had bought the new strip. Certainly going to renew my season ticket again no matter what and keeping the AberDNA at the full price this season.