The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Batteries or Rowies for me. Butteries is maybe a bit posher, however not pronouncing the T is acceptable.

Rolls is just wrong. I mind when I started working at the local shop, some posh boy asked for rolls and went off his nut when furnished with some softies. 

Calling them crispy morning rolls is even worse, mark of a real Tory.

It’s ages since I’ve heard them called softies. Growing up in Kinker, every Saturday morning I’d go with my mum to Middleton’s Bakers and get 6 butteries and 6 softies. 

Fair play to Dave Cormack he has a plan and has had the guts to go for it. If we are going for youth and player development we are likely to have more up and down periods though. I would take mid table years if we then have more competitive ones every few years and can win things again. As always a good start will keep fans onside, but I suspect it will take time to bed in which may test his resolve.

I quite like the idea of Rowies being sold on match day. I honestly believe it would be a popular food item for a lot of folk while watching Scott Brown and co dismantle The Rangers at Pittodrie. You could even buy the 'Cormack Rowie' which has Bacon in the middle. I'm all for it!

@Don exotic Cormack wants Aberdeen winning trophies every season and finishing as high up the league as possible. He isn't content with just third spot. Glass' Aberdeen side are going to shock a lot of doubters next season. A player like Scott Brown or a coach like Allan Russell doesn't sign on unless there are plans for something big and reassurance of backing etc. 

Edited by HarleyQuinn

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I quite like the idea of Rowies being sold on match day. I honestly believe it would be a popular food item for a lot of folk while watching Scott Brown and co dismantle The Rangers at Pittodrie. You could even buy the 'Cormack Rowie' which has Bacon in the middle. I'm all for it!

That's a lawsuit waiting to happen given that butteries can be as hot as the sun's interior when just out the toaster.

19 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I would agree that the ideal would be a flat, well fired, crispy buttery with butter and cheese. We had ham to use today, so went with that.

Sounds fine, I'll need to give it a try with ham... And it has to be well fired, I hate the doughy ones... 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

@Don exotic Cormack wants Aberdeen winning trophies every season and finishing as high up the league as possible. He isn't content with just third spot. Glass' Aberdeen side are going to shock a lot of doubters next season. A player like Scott Brown or a coach like Allan Russell doesn't sign on unless there are plans for something big and reassurance of backing etc. 

Yeah youre right why the hell dont we serve butteries at Pittodrie??! Even a cold one is class, providing it was baked that day. I used to bring hunners to T in the Park each year, fair set you up for the day after a night on "various spirits" smuggled into the arena in a capri sun pouch concealed in your boxers

3 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Considine's on Open Goal for anyone interested.

Ferry's tolerable but shame the other boy is in it as his patter is hard work.

It’s ok if you can block out the annoying weegie voices.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I think today was an encapulation of how the future will look. 

Get rid of the dead wood who add nothing to the team....Hayes, Kennedy, McGinn et al....and start to give more game time to players like Ramsey, Ross, Campbell and others. 

I thought Hayes was poor, and he has been poor for a little while now, but he did at least have a couple of driving runs to get us up the pitch when everybody else seemed to be passing the buck - the one on the stroke of half-time which ended up with a Dumbarton player having to scythe him down, for example. Still, I would prefer to see Mackenzie getting a run of games at left-back in the league now. 

Hoban was a big concern for me today. I can see the case for having him ahead of Taylor because his distribution is better when playing out from the back, but even that was rubbish today. 

We desperately need a creative midfielder in the summer. I thought Campbell was better than Ferguson and McCrorie today despite some of the criticism he was taking, but the lack of a creative, attacking midfielder who can unpick a low block means that we have to go out wide too often and regularly rely on hopeful punts into the box. Ramsay somewhat improved the quality of our deliveries today, but even then it isn't a tactic that you would want to be too dependent on, especially if Kamberi is your striker.  I wouldn't mind seeing Kennedy get a few games in the number ten position, which is apparently where he did much of his best work for St Johnstone. 

24 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

We're so shit it can genuinely only get better. 

All I'm taking from today's game. 

Confidence is an issue but hopefully today win hopefully helps in the future. Sheerin has changed our style to be more position based - needs a lot of work as bit too slow

Edited by betting competition

Guest Bob Mahelp
41 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I thought Hayes was poor, and he has been poor for a little while now, but he did at least have a couple of driving runs to get us up the pitch when everybody else seemed to be passing the buck - the one on the stroke of half-time which ended up with a Dumbarton player having to scythe him down, for example. Still, I would prefer to see Mackenzie getting a run of games at left-back in the league now. 

Hoban was a big concern for me today. I can see the case for having him ahead of Taylor because his distribution is better when playing out from the back, but even that was rubbish today. 

We desperately need a creative midfielder in the summer. I thought Campbell was better than Ferguson and McCrorie today despite some of the criticism he was taking, but the lack of a creative, attacking midfielder who can unpick a low block means that we have to go out wide too often and regularly rely on hopeful punts into the box. Ramsay somewhat improved the quality of our deliveries today, but even then it isn't a tactic that you would want to be too dependent on, especially if Kamberi is your striker.  I wouldn't mind seeing Kennedy get a few games in the number ten position, which is apparently where he did much of his best work for St Johnstone. 

I'll guarantee you that Hayes received the ball at least 20 times today, maybe more, where he was around 25 yards out of the left wing. Pretty much every single time he took a touch then cut inside, or played the ball backwards or sideways. 

I can't remember one time when he beat the full back on the outside and whipped a cross in.  It all meant that the game got slowed down and we were forced into the narrow channels where Dumbarton wanted us to be. 

Hayes has lost either his pace, or his confidence...most likely both. He's been a great servant to the club but it looks very much like his time has passed, and I can't see Glass playing him much next season. 

I agree completely that we desperately need a creative midfielder. Ferguson, McCrorie and Campbell are all too similar. Scott Allan seems to be out of the picture at Hibs....I think he would fit in our midfield very well.