The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

As previously stated, it was, is and always will be a buttery. Anyway, it’s always been one of my favourite foods and my preference is for a flat, well fired delicacy, but I’m not precious about it and will accept most buttery varieties. Living in Montrose, it’s difficult to get a flat well fired buttery. Where I’m leading to is that the butteries produced locally by Frosts bakers are usually almost a roll, and these can easily be split. However I would never put bacon, or anything hot, in it. I’ve had two this morning with ham.

I've never had a Montrose buttery, but they sound quite intriguing, combining the taste of an Aberdeen rowie and the versatility of a roll I'd imagine? 

Used to be able to get Aberdeen rowies at an ASDA near me, but haven't had one since the last time I was up to see friends and family. 

My preference would always be butter and cheese. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Those bready ones are a waste of time. The solid ones that are about 50% fat are the real deal. 

Absolutely, Aitkens all the way. Greatest travesty of our times that they shut down. Apparently there were 5 different types of fat in them. Glorious.

1 hour ago, Golden Gordon said:

I've never had a Montrose buttery, but they sound quite intriguing, combining the taste of an Aberdeen rowie and the versatility of a roll I'd imagine? 

Used to be able to get Aberdeen rowies at an ASDA near me, but haven't had one since the last time I was up to see friends and family. 

My preference would always be butter and cheese. 

I would agree that the ideal would be a flat, well fired, crispy buttery with butter and cheese. We had ham to use today, so went with that.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Absolutely, Aitkens all the way. Greatest travesty of our times that they shut down. Apparently there were 5 different types of fat in them. Glorious.

The peado rowies were the best there was and the best there ever will be. RIP

2 hours ago, d31 said:

The peado rowies were the best there was and the best there ever will be. RIP

Ooft. I never knew about that. He should have been forced to give up his business to a non-paedo for the good of the nation.

30 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

BUTTERIES!!!!!!

I've not had one of those in ages.  Years ago I was seeing a bird from Bervie, and I can report that calling them rowies seemed to be the norm in that neck if the woods.  That and coach loads of drunken old firm arseholes when they were playing your mob.  Lovely, cultured gentlemen.  

41 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aiberdeen rolls, loons.

It's a rowie for me. Butteries always sounded affa posh like. Aberdeen Rolls sounded like something that someone from ootwith the NE would come up with.

Just the butter for me please. Just to add a warm moist tasty fatty topping. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  And tea.

Abody's heart still working fine?

2 minutes ago, House Bartender said:

It's a rowie for me. Butteries always sounded affa posh like. Aberdeen Rolls sounded like something that someone from ootwith the NE would come up with.

Just the butter for me please. Just to add a warm moist tasty fatty topping. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  And tea.

Abody's heart still working fine?

That was the point.

AFAIR, my dad always called them rowies. However, I might have that wrong, and he maybe called them butteries. No matter, I still miss them.

Cormack came across really well in the Q and A. I'm feeling very positive about the clubs future under his guidance.

Another fantastic addition in Allan Russell. Thats one hell of a coup for the club. Given his highly regarded reputation, I'm really surprised he's joined us and is not already part of the coaching staff at an EPL side.

I wonder if Glass is considering loaning one of Mo Adams, Anton Walkes and/or Jake Mulraney. All British players playing for Atlanta. 

Three other players that might be of interest are Tony Gallagher, Johnny Russel and Danny Wilson who are playing their trade in the MLS. 

Most likely rubbish however someone on JKB is suggesting Charlie Mulgrew is joining us.

It's the most excited I've been about Aberdeen in the last few years.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Batteries or Rowies for me. Butteries is maybe a bit posher, however not pronouncing the T is acceptable.

Rolls is just wrong. I mind when I started working at the local shop, some posh boy asked for rolls and went off his nut when furnished with some softies. 

Calling them crispy morning rolls is even worse, mark of a real Tory.