The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

No-one was allowed to say they believed the Slavia prague player last week over Kamara. Anything but a storm in a tea cup there!
If Brown felt he should defend his team mate you can understand a bit, but he, Delia and Celtic all went out of their way to effectively accuse the wronged man , Shay, of lying. So not something to be proud of. And led to victimisation of Shay from the terraces ever since from celtic fans. All the while "supporting" Show Racism the Red Card. A bit hypocritical surely!

Nah I think he did say that they all believed him/knew that he didn’t say it. 
In any case, I genuinely hadn’t realised this was a long standing issue with brown dons fans had until last week. I’m not really getting it. 
It wasn’t too clever at the time but proper storm in a teacup stuff for me. 

18 minutes ago, big al said:

Brown was sticking up for his team mate at the time, big deal. That’s what every fan wants and teams need, mates that stick together especially the captain.

Funny how so many go to the fitba and give it the big man shouts etc. then come on social media greeting like wee lassies about things. 

It’s old news, and not worth remembering, move on surely?

ps Shay Logan been a great player. Wish him all the best.

Thats some YerDa pish I'd expect off some UnionBears1690UK twitter account.

Having an issue with one of our players being racially abused then called a liar isn't 'greeting like a wee lassie about things'.

Brown was sticking up for his team mate at the time, big deal. That’s what every fan wants and teams need, mates that stick together especially the captain.
Funny how so many go to the fitba and give it the big man shouts etc. then come on social media greeting like wee lassies about things. 

It’s old news, and not worth remembering, move on surely?
ps Shay Logan been a great player. Wish him all the best.
I don't get this argument, If you want to excuse what Brown and Celtic publicly did (which was call Logan a liar even after tonevs ban) by saying that "he was just sticking up for his teammates" then surely you'd also want your own team to "stick up" for the player that was publicly attacked, by not signing the same player that orchestrated the abuse?? This is especially important considering Logan has played here for over 7 years and has been one of the best full backs we've had for decades.
Again if Brown (through AFC) came out and addressed it, which would be a perfect time to do so given the Kamara situation, then people could accept that and move on, until then though it's pretty slimy for Aberdeen to just ignore it.

1 hour ago, CCB19035 said:

I think his willingness to believe Kamara, and do the big show in front of the Sky Cameras, whilst 7 years prior, inferring Logan actually lied, is whats pissed people off. It's certainly pissed me off.

He's right to believe Kamara, by the way, but him being  portrayed as this incredible leader and human being because he gave him a hug, especially with what went on before, really does my tits in.

I get that but again that's weegie media hype bigging him up to be all that, it's not worth taking much notice of.

Maybe I’m being a bit of a miserable c**t but does nobody else think there is a bit of revisionism going on regarding Shay Logan?

He was a decent full back for a few years in a good team, Twitter reaction would have you believe the second coming of Willie Miller had just left the club.

Maybe it’s just me but I think the nostalgia is a bit OTT

Scores of better players have left the club in recent years

Disclaimer: I like Shay Logan 

42 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Maybe I’m being a bit of a miserable c**t but does nobody else think there is a bit of revisionism going on regarding Shay Logan?

He was a decent full back for a few years in a good team, Twitter reaction would have you believe the second coming of Willie Miller had just left the club.

Bit racist m8. You might want to tone that down a bit.

50 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

He was easily the best right back in the league for a couple of years. We played him to death and then wasn't the same after an injury.

When his legs started to go it was noticeable how reliant he was on his pace for recovery.

Bit of a cult hero, wasn't he?

Likeable guy, came for a 4 month loan and ended up staying 7 years, clearly loves the club and enjoyed getting it up Celtic whenever possible. He's also a big part of what would be the best time supporting the Dons for a younger generation.

He's been on the decline for a couple of years now to the point he's absolutely finished at this level but I'll definitely remember him fondly.

The season we were top at Christmas and the season we came 2nd in everything (both great teams) he was easily The best right back in the country.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Bang average player in a bang average team, for the money you've thrown at him I'd expect better. Just my unbiased opinion lads, happy to help.

Edit: Shay, to avoid any confusion. 

You need to mix your content up a little bit, Tam.

Bang average player in a bang average team, for the money you've thrown at him I'd expect better. Just my unbiased opinion lads, happy to help.

He was, if I remember correctly, voted the best right back in the Premiership for three seasons in a row by his fellow professionals (apart from Celtic players).

When Logan was playing for Aberdeen, they were a "bang average" team?

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

I cba looking but its my recollection that his tenure in the team coincided with them being generally the best team outside of Celtc....................and also winning a League Cup.

You are obviously attempting trolling the sheep, but this is poor stuff.

23 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

When Logan was playing for Aberdeen, they were a "bang average" team?

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

I cba looking but its my recollection that his tenure in the team coincided with them being generally the best team outside of Celtc....................and also winning a League Cup.

You are obviously attempting trolling the sheep, but this is poor stuff.

M8 compared to hibs they're fucking Brazil. Compared to non yo-yo, actual half decent sides they were as described, bang average.

M8 compared to hibs they're fucking Brazil. Compared to non yo-yo, actual half decent sides they were as described, bang average.

Douglas Ross style non debating there - no surprise.

So, taking it back to your argument about Logan, which clubs were Aberdeen on a par with during his period there that made them average?