The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 hours ago, AJF said:

I think it would be a gamble that I personally wouldn't want to be taking on Griffiths, but just because he hasn't got himself fit for Celtic doesn't mean he can't for anyone else.

I think it's been well documented how poor the coaching has been at Celtic so that may be a factor. He maybe just needs a different mentor or motivation to get him going. I'd say it's unlikely but not impossible.

Take him on for a fortnight's trial to see how he does...

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

I have always actually quite liked Brown as a player, except when he is playing against us. I have mixed feelings about this, but it is important that Glass gets his top targets in and Brown was obviously somebody he really wanted to have here as both a player and a coach.

I would probably have said earlier in the season that he wouldn't get into our midfield with the form of Ferguson and McCrorie, but he would walk into it on recent evidence.

Isn't that all he's capable of now...

No doubt a fit, motivated Griffiths would be a brilliant asset. The problem is, how many players can we say that sort of thing about in our team already; he'd be great if he was fit, he'd be great if he was consistent...etc.

4 hours ago, TheDon99 said:

Something has to be said regarding the Logan Tonev situation. Brown and Celtic came out and publicly backed Tonev even after he was banned. They publicly called Logan a liar and the Celtic fans lapped it up and continued to abuse him for years. This is the exact same method Slavia are using with there player and yet it's socially accepted in Scotland that they are crazy for it.
I can accept Brown at the club if they come out and apologises for what happened the same way Henderson and Carragher have come out and apologized for the way they handled the Suarez/Evra situation.

This is pretty much my view on things. 

5 hours ago, Illgresi said:

No doubt a fit, motivated Griffiths would be a brilliant asset. The problem is, how many players can we say that sort of thing about in our team already; he'd be great if he was fit, he'd be great if he was consistent...etc.

Griffiths seems to thrive when he is the best player in a team. At Aberdeen he likely would be. If we can afford him and he is willing to come, we aren't in a position to turn down that sort of quality. 

We need 3 strikers. Bruce Anderson appears to be one of them. I'd welcome Marley Watkins back and I'd take Leigh Griffiths (if we can get him fit).

Two centre backs. Doubtful but I hope Hoban stays. Declan Gallagher would be an improvement on Devlin and Taylor (POTY). 

A left back. McKenzie showed promise last week. Hayes has been poor for a while. Julien Serrano has always looked impressive.

A right back. Possible return of Ronnie Hernandez (His loan ends in January though)? Stephen O'Donnell? I've heard the rumours he and his wife aren't fans of Aberdeen.

At least one winger (hopefully two). McLennan and Kennedy haven't been terribly great for a while now.

We are midfield heavy. We already have Scott Brown, McCrorie, Ferguson, Dean Campbell and McGeough. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a few players moving on in the form of McGeough, Ojo and possibly Kennedy.

Glass may want to loan a number of Atlanta 2 players and we may see another Hernandez type signing. He really needs to reassign the captaincy to someone not the goalie.

22 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'd take Leigh Griffiths (if we can get him fit).

On his fitness - 

Current season he has played 656 minutes of league football, last season 879, season before 571.

For context, some Hibs fans were concerned about Jamie Murphy (injury prone, too old etc etc)............and, tbf he has missed a few matches to injury and those v Rangers - but has already played over 1200 minutes for us.

I love sparky, but that is not great reading especially for what will be a (very) sizeable salary.