The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

A mate of mine said this to me the other day..........I dont think its a great argument in the days of 3 points for a win rather than the old 2.

I cant remember the last time a league placing was decided on goal difference (although I am sure someone will correct me).

Trolling.

20 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Wee typo  everyone does it,anyway cant wait till he goes your list will be more unrealitic than the Celtic's 

Couldn't even beat a rudderless ship I hope yez are proud of yourself bo peepa 

Two wee typos to be accurate.

I'm not saying we are finishing 3rd.

I'm saying it's looking more hopeful than it was three weeks ago. Theyve failed to take advantage of us having celtic twice.

We need to win 6/7 but one game at a time.

(I am not claiming it is going to happen but I stop short of wishing us to lose so the manager goes quicker. He'll go regardless)

32 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

A mate of mine said this to me the other day..........I dont think its a great argument in the days of 3 points for a win rather than the old 2.

I cant remember the last time a league placing was decided on goal difference (although I am sure someone will correct me).

Third was decided on goal difference two years ago and three years ago

Just now, d31 said:

Not bad for guessing

I only checked after you posted - I didnt think it was particularly common, and despite what the troll says, I wasnt even thinking about the one you guys lost out to Killie.

I really cant see it coming down to that this season. One side will put a wee run together, or get a result off a hungover Rangers after they win the league.........

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I only checked after you posted - I didnt think it was particularly common, and despite what the troll says, I wasnt even thinking about the one you guys lost out to Killie.

I really cant see it coming down to that this season. One side will put a wee run together, or get a result off a hungover Rangers after they win the league.........

In case you haven't noticed, Aberdeen have put a wee run together.... a run of games in the last 2 months where we can't score in a barrel of fannies. 

There's no sign at all of that changing. 

Hibs may well go on a Hibs type run where they have a series of stupid results.....but Aberdeen won't catch up. 

On 28/02/2021 at 17:18, Leith Green said:

I think in season 04/05, Aberdeen and Hibs were fighting for 3rd place - which became a lot more important due to Hibs losing to bottom six Dundee United in the SC semi - and the cup runners-up getting one of the UEFA slots.

Following the SPL scandalously sending us to Easter Road for a third time (a fixture which we won), we were still three points behind going into the final day.

We beat Hearts 2-0, but Hibs and the former rangers played out a W.Germany v Austria 82 0-1 at Easter Road on 'helicopter sunday'.............which kept Hibs ahead of us on goal difference.

Clearly both sides should have been relegated for bringing the game into disrepute.

If I recall Hibs were utterly pumped in Europe by Dnipro, and the Dons had to wait to show how it should be done against the same opposition...........and ultimately become the only Scots club outside the gruesomes to get through a European group.

Edited by tarapoa

7 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Hibs were utterly pumped in Europe by Dnipro

Thats true, we were well beaten by a very good team over there - but thats not what we remember about Dnipro

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-dnipro-appeal-15-years-19009185

Sometimes football is not the be all and end all, Hibs fans are still supporting orphanages over there 15 years later.