The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Who do you reckon will be the next Aberdeen boss?

When McInnes goes?

Pressley 

McIntyer 

Canning 

Ketelwell 

McLeish 

Caldwell

Strachan 

McCall 

Davies 

McKay 

Any others I've mist out that aren't working?

It’s haared to tell.

1 hour ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

When McInnes goes?

Pressley 

McIntyer 

Canning 

Ketelwell 

McLeish 

Caldwell

Strachan 

McCall 

Davies 

McKay 

You've missed out the number 1 contender - Stephen Glass. Atlanta United control us now

26 minutes ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:
1 hour ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:
When McInnes goes?
Pressley 
McIntyer 
Canning 
Ketelwell 
McLeish 
Caldwell
Strachan 
McCall 
Davies 
McKay 

I think Goodwin could be a decent contender.

Doubt he would want it but you could try 

On 21/02/2021 at 14:50, A96 said:

Hibs’ll drop enough points before the end of the season for us to catch them but the odds are against us being able to do that.  Far too early yet for us to give up on third though. No way that McInnes will experiment with young players any more than he has done previously until the final league placings have been decided.

I’m clinging to the hope that Hibs’ luck , and in particular , their benefit from refereeing decisions , has to change sometime.  

Obviously , though it’s too much of a stretch to think that we’re going to get anything more than the very occasional lucky break from the refs.

I'm a lot more optimistic now. 

6/6 from us before the split and, say, 4/9 for Hibs and third is looking more interesting going in to the split. i'll be getting excited if we win on Saturday and Hibs don't.

59 minutes ago, d31 said:

I'm a lot more optimistic now. 

6/6 from us before the split and, say, 4/9 for Hibs and third is looking more interesting going in to the split. i'll be getting excited if we win on Saturday and Hibs don't.

If anything I’m slightly less optimistic about catching Hibs, purely because our margin for error in the remaining games has reduced simply due to the amount of games running down. 

I still think Hibs’ll drop more points , but for us to catch them , we’re probably going to have to win at least one of the remaining games against the ugly sisters. And with our almost complete lack of creativity after losing Hedges and Wright added to our uninspiring strikers I’m thinking that’s highly unlikely. Celtic have been very vulnerable and pretty much there for the taking in both our recent games, but despite periods of dominance we’ve hardly worked their keeper.

Hibs better goal difference is also worth an extra point at this stage

Edited by A96

5 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Suggestions of catching Hibs is ludicrous.

Our last set of back to back wins was in December. 

Fully expect us to squeeze over the line into 4th having amassed 2 more wins and scoring 5 goals in the remaining 7 games we have left. What a time to be alive. 

That’s it, you’ve got to nip any optimism in the bud. You tell them. 

20 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:
21 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:
aye I feel very deflated about the dandies at the moment. I didnt even bother today, seems like we just played out the same game as ten days ago. 
Something needs to change...

I have a feeling you are similar age to me (I'm 29 in April), and as such have been starved of genuine success- trophy wins. I get the deflation. Not being at games is hard enough for staying engaged but this season has not been enjoyable since the November international break. Ultimately this is the age where so many tend to jack in going regularly and drift into other pursuits (we all know folk who follow the results but don't go anymore). Let's hope for positive change soon in some way, shape or form.

Aye min 28 this year - its almost certainly not being able to get to the games. Not a chance of me packing it in, but when your opportunities to talk about fitba in a natural way are so limited (only so much Mrs Anderson can take), and you dont get to experience the highs from being there... and on top of it all, we arent even close to looking like a decent team. Just the opposite of what I need right now. 

Once were back in the pubs and grounds, Ill be back on board for sure. 

3 hours ago, A96 said:

Hibs better goal difference is also worth an extra point at this stage

A mate of mine said this to me the other day..........I dont think its a great argument in the days of 3 points for a win rather than the old 2.

I cant remember the last time a league placing was decided on goal difference (although I am sure someone will correct me).